General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Parents hate your car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nssane
My parents live with my brain damaged 25 yr old brother. When he was 17 he wrecked his 1998 SS and got left in his current state. (he was one of the top ranked high school football players in the state of Texas and now has the mentallity of an 8 yr. old) So no, they don't like it one bit. When i bought my SS, they freaked. Then i sent them pictures of my '06 honda cbr 600 rr and all of the sudden they thought that the camaro was a great idea, and i should sell the bike and buy another camaro to drive daily and have my '02 ss w/7k miles, signed by scott settlemire as a gargae queen. my mom's exact words when she saw the bike were "oh no. oh no. oh ****. oh no." ha ha

Sorry to hear that, but it could have happend in a honda civic or happen with him in a truck blah blah etc, it has nothing to do with the camaro speeding is speeding..

Unless you topping out at 160mph thats a whole different story
Old 01-19-2007, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nssane
So no, they don't like it one bit. When i bought my SS, they freaked. Then i sent them pictures of my '06 honda cbr 600 rr and all of the sudden they thought that the camaro was a great idea, and i should sell the bike and buy another camaro to drive daily and have my '02 ss w/7k miles, signed by scott settlemire as a gargae queen. my mom's exact words when she saw the bike were "oh no. oh no. oh ****. oh no." ha ha
yea thats what my family thought were when i came home with my 05 Kawi 636, i had it for a week b4 they noticed it in the garage
Old 01-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Launching!

Well my mom's always called both of my cars POS's
and my dad started to say the same about the time i droped my hotcam in (same time it was able to beat the 91 Corvette that he droped over 2 grand into the engine of)

kinda pisses me off because when i was younger he was always tring to get me into chevys and now that i am he acts like it isn't good enugh simply because it isn't what he calls a muscle car....pisses me off
Old 01-23-2007, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

My parents liked my camaros, they have a harley and have had many cool cars over the years.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

best day of my life was when i smoked my dad at the dragstrip in his o4gto...lol he doesnt hate my car he actually persuaded me to get it.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My mom likes my car she just doesnt like it when I come home at 2 am and wake up the entire neighborhood. She also says that it is a cop magnet and Im asking to get tickets but for the most part when I have gotten pulled over it is just so the cops can admire my car.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Banned

My Dad likes my car but my Mom is kind of impartial. She says it looks like a snake is is too loud

My Dad often helps me with stuff on my car too. He has his own muscle car, '81 Corvette with a GM crate motor and trans swap. Did all the work himself, and I helped with a bunch of it.

Haven't raced him yet, maybe in the Spring when the track opens up. Should be fun.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

My parents dig it.....they say it's too loud (what til the headers and cam get installed...LOL) but my mom gets a smile on her face whenever I drive her anywhere in it...LOL....but for the most part they like it....Mom had a 67 Camaro so she likes the fact that I bought an F-Body...
Old 01-23-2007, 02:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my parents love my car and my dad also has a ws6 which i thnk i pretty cool! he helps me mod it all te time and i love it ecspecially since i am only 17 but then again i grew up at tthe drag strip!
Old 01-23-2007, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

overall, they put up with my choices in cars because they know i love them.
Like my dad, cars are family members and they don't go to the junk heap unless they're truly shot.

when I looked around for my first car and REALLY wanted a v8, they were full of trepidation. I had to promise my mom I wouldn't do anything stupid. They also tried to steer me to a v6 and even called up some sellers and found a very nice v6 mustang they wanted me to look at, but I just wasn't going there.

Some of their fears have gone away since I haven't killed myself yet, but some of that came right back when my car got totalled AGAIN in an accident (my first two cars got hit by stupid people and totalled by insurers). I know they're happier that I finally have airbags.

Only took mom for a drive once, in the '82 5.0 w/ lowered, harsh suspension (the most teeth-rattling of my rides, but man, that car could CORNER!)- she did NOT like. Said it rode like a buckboard (and she knows from experience!).

i tell them about the suspension mods, never the propulsion mods. my dad "complains" with a smile that he can't hear me drive up any more (last car had a flowmaster).

I don't think they know just how much faster my 2001 t/a is in comparison to my older rides. and I always drive slowly when they're around- I think they KNOW why I buy cars with large engines, but I make sure they never SEE why I buy cars with large engines.

-sectari
Old 02-16-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Resident

My dad loves my car. He loved the exhaust after i put it on and said it sounded badass.

My mom not so much. She thinks its nice looking but after i got my exhaust she was pissed! She said this is too ******* loud and i dont like it at all. Mind you i have a 3.8. She doesnt know **** about cars so i just told her i changed the muffler My mom hates that i mod the car and spend so much money on it and all the time i spend washing it.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my parents dont know about mine....i havent talked to them in over 6 years...but they would probably hate it if they knew
Old 02-16-2007, 09:20 PM
TECH Veteran

o my mom loves my car..there's this guy in my neighborhood that hates my car and everytime she comes buy his house and she's driving my car she revs the **** out of my engine. it's hilarious
Old 02-16-2007, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mycamaroSS
o my mom loves my car..there's this guy in my neighborhood that hates my car and everytime she comes buy his house and she's driving my car she revs the **** out of my engine. it's hilarious

You let your mom drive your car!?!!? Only time I want my mom driving mine is if there is ever an emergency and I am incapable of driving...lol
Old 02-17-2007, 12:14 AM
12 Second Club

my mom drove my car once, the day after i got it, wouldnt even go over 2000rpms, too bad i didnt have the stall in then, because she wouldnt have went anywhere at that rev...
Old 02-19-2007, 02:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Awsome thread......my ma's first car was a ss camaro and my dads a mustang an they wanted me to get a mazda!!! fukin hipocrits right.......well now im here with my ws6 and both my parents love the car and my dad is always asking to take it downtown!!! they also said if im ever caguht racing its gone no excuses....so shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! lol
Old 02-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Launching!

Let's see. Both of my parents hate my firebird. They have some good points since it's a 3400 and an unreliable POS. I've paid more fixing that car than most pay for a new car.

Still, the major downside is that now that I'm getting an LS1 with much lower miles they are still talking it a grave. It's not even here yet! That's alright. Anything I know about cars was learned by myself. My father has never even changed his oil.

Dad had a 74 Z28 that he bought new. He sold it 8 months later because he couldn't afford the gas. Now he's a Toyota fan because he thinks they are gods of reliability. Apparently he can't recall that my camry was terrible, their camry is making horrible noises, and his tacoma needs a new transmission.

Ah to be blissfully ignorant.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well to help me out I was on my parents insurance and was just paying the monthly payments. When I sold my Tahoe and got the Camaro my dad kicked me off instantly and told me "he couldn't condone or help me in killing myself".

Now he always asks to drive it...hm...
Old 02-19-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Regular

I'm the one who got my dad into cars...He paid for my T/A and SS.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Launching!

well, mine love my car, dad actually co-signed my loan, thank God, but i mean, i guess if they were to start bitching...i would start my car and just rev and put my hand to my ear like..i cant hear you

Quick Reply: Parents hate your car?