General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Black Ice=1 Camaro=0

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 08:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Black Ice=1 Camaro=0

Ditched my car last night. Bald tires. Going 65. Slammed it in third and nailed it. Didn't go forward.

Had time to say a prayer and knock it out of gear and just wait as I spun twice more. I'd have been able to pull it out if it wern't night. After that second spin I couldn't tell which way I was going so it was out of my hands and in God's. I wasn't ever scared for myself, just my car.

Hope all I get out of it is the flat tire and (maybe) bent rim. Problem was, the ditch was concrete down in it. Tire burst pulling it out.

Man, I hope the uni-body isn't bent. Man, I hope so bad.

I was just looking up wheels and tires right before I left, too.

Oh well. **** happens. Still, I'm pretty down about it. You know, nobody wants the car they love to be hurt.

Too large of a deductable to help me. All I got out of it was a scratch. Car was scratched up a little bit too. T-tops came out and went in just fine, hood and trunk lifted and closed, not that that really matters too much. If the uni-body is straight, might be an excuse for me to get a Sunco cowl hood and get the paint freshened. Won't have the money to get rims and tires if I do that, though...

Just hope she's straight. That's all I want.

The wrecker set her down on a concrete block. It's right under the passenger front tire, on a bump on the body. Is that okay? I've never jecked my car up before. Newb question. I know.

Thanks for reading my bummed-out vent.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its most likely fine. Be more careful and get some new tires.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:10 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sharpe
Ditched my car last night. Bald tires. Going 65. Slammed it in third and nailed it. Didn't go forward.
so lets get this straight you slammed it in third going 65 in the winter with ice on the roads? with crappy tires.

im glad you are alright but that was a really dumb way to go down
Old 02-02-2007, 11:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Road looked clear. Black ice.

If you want to talk about dumb, we can talk about people who judge other people and situations from their chair in front of their keyboard based only on extreamly limited information presented on an Internet message board.

**** happens. Just one of those things.

I just wanted to vent to other car enthusists who no doubt have ditched a car or two in their time when cutting up. You know, cheer me up a bit with a few, "Been there! Gotta brush yourself off and get back in the saddle!"
Old 02-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Its alright man. I spun my car a couple of weeks ago. Was driving at about 40, hit it a little, maybe 20% throttle, and the tanny downshifted (why I dont like autos), hit the torque band just right. One tire on dry pavement, one in wet, some old lady had her sprinkler on. The shitty bald 255 Pilots on the back didnt help. I know where you are and it sucks. My **** wasnt fucked up too bad, I clipped a tree a little, ******* up the bumper cover but my unibody wasnt bent so your prob isnt either.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by godgaveussid
Its alright man. I spun my car a couple of weeks ago. Was driving at about 40, hit it a little, maybe 20% throttle, and the tanny downshifted (why I dont like autos), hit the torque band just right. One tire on dry pavement, one in wet, some old lady had her sprinkler on. The shitty bald 255 Pilots on the back didnt help. I know where you are and it sucks. My **** wasnt fucked up too bad, I clipped a tree a little, ******* up the bumper cover but my unibody wasnt bent so your prob isnt either.
Yeah, sucks man.

Cool Beamer, though.

I bet your **** is more expensive than mine, though. I screw something up, i go to a junk yard.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

I totaled mine a few weeks ago......bad tires, coming out of a turn on wet pavement, started accelerating.....downshift.....spun at about 55-60.
Kaboom into guard rail
Old 02-02-2007, 12:25 PM
TECH Addict

Bald tires....funny how they get that way..
Old 02-02-2007, 12:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Im glad i moved from the north
Old 02-02-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LS1Silverado05
Bald tires....funny how they get that way..

See, now that's what I wanted.

The cops were cool about it too. We sat there and BSed for a while until the wrecker came. They were giving me hell. I mean, you got a Z28 in a ditch on a long, open highway. Is there really any good explanation?
Old 02-02-2007, 12:36 PM
TECH Resident

That sucks man!

I did something similair about six months ago. I decided I should take a turn going about 35, slam it into first, and take off. Well, I got through step 1 and 2 but instead of taking off, my *** end decided it wanted to go someplace else. Next thing I know I'm in a ditch and busted a telephone pole. The damage wasn't too bad, and I had it fixed in no time...But I was SO upset. I just kept yelling at myself for being so stupid! I loved my car and to see it all banged up because I was being an idiot just made me want to thow up!

I know what you are going through, and it will be alright. That's why we all have insurance, and why God invented body shops.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rk_2000_Z/28
That's why we all have insurance, and why God invented body shops.
Where would Bo and Luke have been without Cooter?

I've already called and told mine that they'll have a white Z wth the keys in it in thier yard tomorrow, and it's not an early Christmas present.