General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

M6 or A4 help me decide

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 06:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
here goes another 'i use my car' thread.....uh huh......not everyone works in an office or something. im a construction worker......pipefitter. parking on dirt lots, shitty job sites, or very bad areas (paterson NJ). if you 'use' your car, how many hundreds of pounds of scrap copper can you put in your formula, verses my pickup?? hmm??
get rid of them der seats, and I can get quite a bit in my hatchback Anyways, in a situation like that, I would have a work truck and use the F-body on the track. But, this thread's dead now

Originally Posted by Vols Fan
I think I better hold out for the M6.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You have had 5 LS1's. In that case, I don't think it matters. You won't own the car long enough for it to make a difference before you sell it and get an other one!

Wait, get what you really want and maybe you will keep it this time!

It is up to you. Don't blame us if you are not happy! For me though, it's like the engineers at GM when they made the Z06. If it is not an M6, it is not a sports car!
Old 02-24-2007, 03:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KENS_SS_4
For me though, it's like the engineers at GM when they made the Z06. If it is not an M6, it is not a sports car!
The only problem with that is the F-body isn't a sports car. It's a muscle car or pony car depending on who you ask. So it's ok for them to come with automatics, be loud as hell and scream down a drag strip with a high stall torque converter
Old 02-24-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

M6
I've had 10 fbody's no more A4s 4 me
Old 02-24-2007, 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

Stick cars are fun, but so is beating stick cars in an auto. Autos arent just for the track! I rarely go to the track and I mostly street race. My auto is kick *** in the street... even from a highway roll. From a dig, no contest. I've never even had anything stickier than a nitto DR.

I'm dead even with a buddies full bolt on, tuned 03 cobra with 455 hp to the tire from 50 mph to 140 mph. Yes he can drive well too. I also don't have to worry as much about my stock rear as a stick. 12.16 @ 115 and a 1.85 60' on all season street tires... It aint that fast but it sure aint slower than a comparable stick car. Mods in sig.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Talking

Originally Posted by Vols Fan
I think I better hold out for the M6.
M6 hands down. I have owned both M6 then A4 and now i back to the M6.
A4 = track
M6= fun, weekend warrior

BTW nice car....
Old 02-28-2007, 07:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by darrensls1
The only problem with that is the F-body isn't a sports car. It's a muscle car or pony car depending on who you ask. So it's ok for them to come with automatics, be loud as hell and scream down a drag strip with a high stall torque converter
It is a sports car. I have owned "muscle" cars, they had poor handling and were overweight.

Pony cars are over powered light weight chasis.

The F-bodies 4thgens are far better in handling then older muscle cars and pony cars, over .89gs on the skid pad and better braking stock. With a little tuning even better. They also have shaved several hundred pounds off.

Not in the same class as a Lotus or other light weight elites but still a sports car IMHO.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=KENS_SS_4]You have had 5 LS1's. In that case, I don't think it matters. You won't own the car long enough for it to make a difference before you sell it and get an other one!

QUOTE]

+1 for sure. Travis changes cars like most people change socks
Old 02-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Teching In

basically the same as everyone else, if the car isnt gonna be raced much get a stick, you'll get the better gas mileage, autos are for people like me who enjoy beating people who think they are badass cuz they have a stick, except for from a roll, where a4's suck suck suck
Old 02-28-2007, 02:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KENS_SS_4
It is a sports car. I have owned "muscle" cars, they had poor handling and were overweight.

Pony cars are over powered light weight chasis.

The F-bodies 4thgens are far better in handling then older muscle cars and pony cars, over .89gs on the skid pad and better braking stock. With a little tuning even better. They also have shaved several hundred pounds off.

Not in the same class as a Lotus or other light weight elites but still a sports car IMHO.
Sorry but I completely disagree. Sports cars do not have back seats, weigh over 3500 lbs, come with automatics and have a solid rear axel.

They are Muscle cars. And to help back up my standing here is a link to a poll done not long ago.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-lsx-automobile-discussion/572782-muscle-sports-car.html

In this poll 150 people called F-bodies a Muscle car and only 24 said they were a sports car. Not that it matters much but it would also appear that Pontiac agrees with the majority of LS1tech (myself included):

Old 02-28-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

^
Old 02-28-2007, 06:56 PM
10 Second Club

Well i just got rid of my auto corvette, and got a 6sp f-body. And i would say that personally i like the 6spd better, its more fun, but the auto is better for drag racing, my corvette would smoke my camaro off the line, auto's hook!
Old 02-28-2007, 06:56 PM
10 Second Club

Well i just got rid of my auto corvette, and got a 6sp f-body. And i would say that personally i like the 6spd better, its more fun, but the auto is better for drag racing, my corvette would smoke my camaro off the line, auto's hook!