General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Why did you choose a Camaro? Why did you choose a Firebird?
The Camaro is a ugly Crabface/catfish sea monster
5.95%
The Trans Am/Firebird has pop ups and pop ups are so 80's
7.57%
The Camaro was cheaper and a hair lighter also available and easy to find hardtops
5.41%
The Formula looks cleaner than the TA/Camaro and is the rarest
2.70%
The Trans Am is the meanest and has leather and so much standard
28.11%
I had a Camaro something happened now i have a TA/I had a Bird now i have a Camaro
1.62%
I like LS1's but i have a LT1 and didn't purchase new,so i had alot of choices
1.62%
I'm happy with my purchase because all LS1 F-Bodies kick ass
41.08%
I love both and had to have both
5.95%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Why did you choose one F-Body over the other?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased mine becuase it was the lighest, least optioned car I could find,And I had to have black on black.
-it will eventually be pretty built.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I bought my T/A because I have always loved the way they looked and performed. After owning a 84, 96, and now a 02 I just can't go any other way besides the aggressive look of a T/A, but with all that being said I still would like to have an 02 SS. Can't go wrong with either as long as GM has its power in it!!!
Old 03-03-2007, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I love pop up head lights. The t/a looked cooler to me too. Didn't know what the diff was but the camaro looked a little palin and I wanted something that you didn't see a lot of. Hell, I told my buddy I wanted a camaro and he showed me the ta... Decide when I was old enough Id buy that one. I still love my pop up head lights. kma
Old 03-03-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I voted all LS1 f-bodies are kick ***.

I bought mine because the color and the fact that it was an M6 WS6 car, just couldn't resist.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

When I was in the market I wanted either a Formula, Firehawk, WS-6, or an SS. I just so happened to buy the SS becasue it was the first one I came across that was in really good shape and for a decent price. So I didn't really choose one over the other, I chose what ever came up first in my area, price range, and best condition.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:49 AM
Launching!

Counting the SS that's being shipped here as my current car, I prefer Trans Am's over Camaros. I just took the best deal that I could find on an F-body because they all !

However, if I had someone offer to trade me a TA with just as low of mileage and in as great of shape as my SS, I would take it. I've always liked how aggressive a TA looks, and the rarity is a major plus.

Either way, I love F-bodies so much as a whole that I was searching for the best deal: V6-V8 Camaro-Firebird. My preferences aren't enough to rule out either.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:25 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
f you have a Camaro why didn't you get a Firebird? If you have a Firebird why didn't you get a Camaro? I have always wondering this. I personally have one of each now but when the LS1's 1st came out I wanted a Trans Am WS6. Its a long story but before i ended up with a LS1 TA a few months ago, I had 3 LS1 Camaro's So I do like the Camaro a little more than the TA but there are things i love about the TA. What about you guys?
Had to edit your poll and add love both had to have both.

Suprised since you have one of each like me, and a few other members, you didn't put that in there?

Peace,
Craig.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CRAGER
Had to edit your poll and add love both had to have both.

Suprised since you have one of each like me, and a few other members, you didn't put that in there?

Peace,
Craig.

Good damn suggestion Crager!! I was trying to think of a few more to put in there and the most obvious didn't even hit me Your SOM TA has been one of my Favorite Rides on here for awhile
Old 03-04-2007, 08:29 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
Good damn suggestion Crager!! I was trying to think of a few more to put in there and the most obvious didn't even hit me Your SOM TA has been one of my Favorite Rides on here for awhile
Thanks for the compliment brother, I really appreciate it man!

If you need me to further edit the poll just shoot me a PM, I can even change your vote (or anybody else) as well.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:36 AM
On The Tree

The ws6 is the meanest looking car out there.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

I like both and looked for both when shopping around. I wasn't being really picky, I just wanted a decent deal. I looked at a handful of camaro's and t/a's and just came across my car at a deal I'd be stupid to pass up. I will say I like the cleaner look of them but the t/a's definitely look more aggressive for the most part.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:22 AM
TECH Resident

Carlton, this shouldn't have even been a poll, but just a regular question. Since you made it a poll, you now have several long-winded reasons and it takes several minutes just to read and understand all of them.

I won't even look at the poll results and I'm betting that the pro-Firebird people makes up the most popular category. The reasons are the following:

- the popular age range for the f-body owners in this message board is 19-25 years old;
- the popular f-body in the female crowd is the Firebird;
- most of these owners bought their cars to impress girls (as one of their primary reasons)

So, where are the Camaro owners? Most of them are mature, experienced, hardly care about what stupid girls think about their cars, and they hardly go in this forum. They're in the technical section finding ways to get more horsepower. Or, they're not here at all. They're too old for message boards.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:01 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,690 Likes on 1,211 Posts

I'm a little surprised about the guys here mentioning the "rarity" of the Trans Am over other F-bodies. In my area, I see more Trans Ams than any other V8 F-body. Camaro SS and Formula models are the most rare to see, followed by Z28, then Trans Am, and finally the most common to see is the WS6.

Sometimes I go for weeks without seeing an LS1 Camaro of any kind, but I'm always seeing WS6 T/As, even in the winter.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I'm a little surprised about the guys here mentioning the "rarity" of the Trans Am over other F-bodies. In my area, I see more Trans Ams than any other V8 F-body. Camaro SS and Formula models are the most rare to see, followed by Z28, then Trans Am, and finally the most common to see is the WS6.

Sometimes I go for weeks without seeing an LS1 Camaro of any kind, but I'm always seeing WS6 T/As, even in the winter.
WOW here in NJ and i live in South Jersey the rarest thing i see are Formulas but tons of pretty much everything else. I even see more WS6's than regular TA's!
Old 03-04-2007, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

It all depends where you live. In my area you'll see more vettes than all v8 f-bods combined. I can count on 1 hand how many WS6s I've seen here, without using all five fingers There are less than 5 SS cars as well. I guess the only true way to settle it would be to look at the actual production numbers.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like both and I only got a TA because that's what I found.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:47 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't chose them. They chose me.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thats the same way here. I see at least 1 regular TA and 1 WS6 a day. I've only seen mabey 3 or 4 other SS's, and they're only out on nice days, like mine. Here Camaros, V-6s and V-8s are a lot less common than Firebirds and TA's.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think SOM looks better on a camaro. But if I didnt want SOM Id get a black WS6. They just look mean
Old 03-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Teching In

I like both,but i have owned two camaros prior to my LS1, '84Z and A '95Z. I could not get over the back end of a TA. They look to fat-assed and not subtle to me. Nobody ever sees me coming. They always say I didn't know camaros were as fast as TA.