General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

cops love the car

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have much problems at all in my SS. I did get pulled over on new years eve with my brother in the car, I was at a stop sign and went WOT in first gear on a vacant somewhat industrial street cutouts open. I guess the cop heard me but did not see me, he found me and pulled me over and asked why I was in so much of a hurry? cop Say's "I heard you from three blocks away". I told him I was doing a full throttle check on the tuning to see if I was missing because I though I heard a miss. he asked me if I had any drugs or weapons in the car and if I had been drinking. and I tell him I have not been drinking and have nothing illegal in the car. I told him he was free to check if he wants. He then advised me on the speed and wrote me a ticket for no front licence plate, complimented me on the car and told us to be safe.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

Default Yeah they sure do!

Old 03-11-2007, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS Goblin
lol,...I'd be terrified of opening my doors if that happened to me. .... look at that!!....I think we can all agree ,..our doors are long and heavy. lol!.......imagine hit'n the cruiser while you where try'n to get in or out of the car.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime

+1million the first bit is informational expecially searching for illegal contraband "marijuana" dam piggys aint gonna get me or take me weed away

Last edited by 2000badbird; 03-11-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I' ve been pulled for some completely douchebaggy things as well. Most recently because I had a ******* Ford Taurus ******* with me. At first I got on it, because he came flying up behind me from a redlight as I was pulling out from a gas station. He then tried 3 times to get me to race him, I only bit once, and let out around 70MPH. He kept acting an ***, and was driving a good bit faster. ******* trooper pulled ME!! He was a dick, but troopers usually are. I didn' t get a ticket, but he could have gotten me for more ****. Illegal exhaust (open cut-out), no smog equiment, license plate light is burned out, blackouts, illegal tint (they can' t pop me for that though), and a year old expired inspection sticker. Basically, my car is one big violation! Not to mention, my driving habits!
Old 03-11-2007, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TheSilverOne
thats the problem right there
yea but i got pulled over by the state cop on 195 in fall river and by the small town cop in lakeville.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 03-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Yah, Cops suck!
Old 03-11-2007, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

i had a cop follow me 10 miles through turns and i even pulled over to let him pass, which he did then he turns around and keeps following me! i finally stopped to get gas and he bought a freakin' candy bar in the store! i acted like i was cleaning out my car and he finally just left. cops are bored where i come from.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Launching!

This is really odd because I've never been pulled over or followed by any cop in all the v8 cars I've had. I think it might be because I'm female I look like I wouldn't do anything bad. Or maybe my cars haven't been mean looking enough.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2000badbird
+1million the first bit is informational expecially searching for illegal contraband "marijuana" dam piggys aint gonna get me or take me weed away
I figured someone would want to see that
Old 03-11-2007, 11:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime
Pretty much shows that cops are taught how to lie, cheat, and decieve. Its impossible to have genuine respect for these people knowing how they operate. Police generally collect revenue, take statements AFTER the crimes are comitted, and call the meat waggon/coroner. I had a paroled murderer threatening the lives of my family and myself one night. He was living across the street and decided to start harassing us when we pulled into the drive. Cops were called, took 20 minutes for them to arrive. Lucky for him or I that my large kitchen utensils made him think twice before getting close enough for me to try to kill him. Now I realize that everyone should own a pistol. I'm appauled by some of the things that the ACLU have been part of but they're still the lesser of the two evils. I've personally had the statement "be honest and I'll help you" used on me.....yea riiiight!!
Old 03-12-2007, 02:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

holy MFSHT?!?!...^^^^your comparing the ACLU to being a police officer?...

you DONT KNOW **** ABOUT WHAT COPS DO

the aclu is trying to take the word "god" off our money....there trying to keep our kids from saying the damn pledge....there the ones who wont let kids have VOLUNTARY prayer...because itll upset some MF commi athesist....there the ones who give jobs to people because there a certain color and not based on skill....

reading people bitching about tickets....not a big deal...reading people coming up with new names about cops...hey thats cool.....but to compare my job to some LEFT WING ULTRA LIBERAL organization is crazy....

i agree with some people that some cops are jerks...i work with some...but i can promise that EVERYONE WORKS WITH JACKASSES....so get the **** over it....

ALOT of guys on here have met me, and know me....

ANDY---am i a jackass????

Originally Posted by Honboy1
yah,cops suck
....hey thats cool....free speech that ISNT lies and slander

Originally Posted by DAVESS02
Pretty much shows that cops are taught how to lie, cheat, and decieve.
.....umm what academy did you go to?...oooo yea

Police generally collect revenue, take statements AFTER the crimes are comitted, and call the meat waggon/coroner
... im sorry do you just want your taxes higher?...and taking statements is how we catch people...and we can leave your dead grandmother there if youd like....

Cops were called, took 20 minutes for them to arrive.
....it takes me almost 30 minutes sometimes to get to certain place's in my beat....RUNNING CODE....maybe i could speed it up a bit, and run a few people off the road while im doing that...would that make you happy?

alot of people on here have shitty jobs, but ive never made someone's job look shitty...or put out false information about something ive had no clue about....

i also can argue my point without going off on the person in general ie name calling...

ahhhh i feel better

Last edited by staringback05; 03-12-2007 at 02:20 AM.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:39 AM
Launching!

LOL haters
Old 03-12-2007, 04:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by staringback05
holy MFSHT?!?!...^^^^your comparing the ACLU to being a police officer?...

you DONT KNOW **** ABOUT WHAT COPS DO

the aclu is trying to take the word "god" off our money....there trying to keep our kids from saying the damn pledge....there the ones who wont let kids have VOLUNTARY prayer...because itll upset some MF commi athesist....there the ones who give jobs to people because there a certain color and not based on skill....

reading people bitching about tickets....not a big deal...reading people coming up with new names about cops...hey thats cool.....but to compare my job to some LEFT WING ULTRA LIBERAL organization is crazy....

i agree with some people that some cops are jerks...i work with some...but i can promise that EVERYONE WORKS WITH JACKASSES....so get the **** over it....

ALOT of guys on here have met me, and know me....

ANDY---am i a jackass????

....hey thats cool....free speech that ISNT lies and slander

.....umm what academy did you go to?...oooo yea

... im sorry do you just want your taxes higher?...and taking statements is how we catch people...and we can leave your dead grandmother there if youd like....

....it takes me almost 30 minutes sometimes to get to certain place's in my beat....RUNNING CODE....maybe i could speed it up a bit, and run a few people off the road while im doing that...would that make you happy?

alot of people on here have shitty jobs, but ive never made someone's job look shitty...or put out false information about something ive had no clue about....

i also can argue my point without going off on the person in general ie name calling...

ahhhh i feel better
AMEN Brother...agreed 100% every one thats just bitching can just
Old 03-12-2007, 04:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rayvendawn
This is really odd because I've never been pulled over or followed by any cop in all the v8 cars I've had. I think it might be because I'm female I look like I wouldn't do anything bad. Or maybe my cars haven't been mean looking enough.
Just cuz you said that your due to encounter a highway cop now!! ..... You just jinxed yourself!!
Old 03-12-2007, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

I generally have a respect for authorities. The run in that I posted is pretty much the only bad experience I've had with a poliece officer. ****, right before I sold my talon I got pulled over right by my house for no front plate and 3 month expired tags. I explained my situation, I was selling the car, and it had been sitting for 3 months while I was at school in Indy and he let me off with a written warning.

Police officer have to have alot of ***** to do what they do, I'll give them credit for that. Not all cops are bad, infact it's a very small minority that give police officers a bad name.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I got profiled by a Z28 cop once who said he couldn't see my tag until he got right behind my car. He was going the other direction on a 4 lane road and whipped it around to come get me for that! My tag was clearly viewable from 40ft or so.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:52 AM
12 Second Club

i know a lot of really cool cops, im friends with a few. but i swear some cops just like to get under my skin. i'll be doin 30mph in a 25 and they'll follow me to wherever im going. yea, i see you, you see me, you pull out and follow me, what the hell do you think im gonna do? ooo theres a car with a light bar behind me, i think i'll go WOT right here....give me a f*cking break. i got followed all the way from my house, to the grocery store. i was going to buy formula for my son and the cop actually followed me and WATCHED ME get out of my car. i mean, is that REALLY neccessary. im glad my tax money is well spent, isnt there someone running a stop sign somewhere?
Old 03-12-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

High Speed Pursuit

make them earn their pentions!