General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Should I keep the Z28 or trade for 350Z??
Yes
49.02%
No
50.98%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Kepp the Z or trade for 350Z??

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are u kidding me!? I wouldnt trade my 3.8 for a friggen 350z. Im shocked your even considering trading in an LS1 for that POS. One of the ugliest popular cars around here
Old 03-16-2007, 07:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The MPG numbers are very close. A m6 F-Body will get better gas mileage on the highway and the 350Z better gas mileage in the city. Look here http://www.fueleconomy.gov Not impressive for a slow heavy 3.5L
Old 03-16-2007, 07:03 PM
TECH Addict

BTW you could of at least went with the 350's sibling the Infiniti G35. Its gay also but looks alot better
Old 03-17-2007, 10:19 AM
m6z
12 Second Club

I have drove one also. They are quite cramped so if you six feet tall, I def. woudn't recomend it. Plus you can't cram anyone in the backseat if you have to.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:51 AM
TECH Resident

i woudl do it.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

It's kind of hard to get an honest opinion because no one will really talk crap about a GM car on here but i'll do my best to be straight honest with you. It really comes down to what you want out of the car. The Z is a great car reliability wise and should run for a long time. Some of the downfalls are that Bolt on power is okay but to really have like 400 horse plus you need FI for sure. The seat thing is sometimes an issue too... Having two seats can be a plus and a negative. It's great for me being in college because i never get stuck driving haha but if you have to have more than one seat for a passenger....not the best choice. Parts are expensive to replace on it if something does go wrong too. The handling is great and the looks of it are really up to whatever the person looking at it thinks...I always get complimented on the car from different age groups all around and people ask me what it even is a lot of the times. Gas mileage is about 20-23 mpg with aggressive driving. That's kinda all the real downfalls I have found with the car. The thing to remember is that you're LS1 car and The Z are two different cars though and you really have to decide which one will suit you better. Hope this helped you out though.

Demitri
Old 03-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
BTW you could of at least went with the 350's sibling the Infiniti G35. Its gay also but looks alot better
How is the G35 "gay"? It's a pretty refined car, and wasn't exactly designed to be a sports car like the 350Z, but still puts down some pretty impressive numbers.

To the OP, I say go with what you want. I personally wouldn't trade straight across for the 350Z, but drive it around and see how it feels to you. If you enjoy it, go for it!
Old 03-17-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DemitriHKS
It's kind of hard to get an honest opinion because no one will really talk crap about a GM car on here but i'll do my best to be straight honest with you. It really comes down to what you want out of the car. The Z is a great car reliability wise and should run for a long time. Some of the downfalls are that Bolt on power is okay but to really have like 400 horse plus you need FI for sure. The seat thing is sometimes an issue too... Having two seats can be a plus and a negative. It's great for me being in college because i never get stuck driving haha but if you have to have more than one seat for a passenger....not the best choice. Parts are expensive to replace on it if something does go wrong too. The handling is great and the looks of it are really up to whatever the person looking at it thinks...I always get complimented on the car from different age groups all around and people ask me what it even is a lot of the times. Gas mileage is about 20-23 mpg with aggressive driving. That's kinda all the real downfalls I have found with the car. The thing to remember is that you're LS1 car and The Z are two different cars though and you really have to decide which one will suit you better. Hope this helped you out though.

Demitri
Very well put Demitri, but i'm 100% brand loyal to GM and i would talk crap about the issues GM/F-Bodies have in a minute.

Originally Posted by pyscheram
How is the G35 "gay"? It's a pretty refined car, and wasn't exactly designed to be a sports car like the 350Z, but still puts down some pretty impressive numbers.

To the OP, I say go with what you want. I personally wouldn't trade straight across for the 350Z, but drive it around and see how it feels to you. If you enjoy it, go for it!
I meant to say the 4 door is gay. Yes i think the g35 coupe is one of the best looking Japanese cars out there and looks 1000 times better than the 350Z
Old 03-18-2007, 01:29 AM
Teching In

I think the 4 door and 2 door are both great cars. They definitely both have their different uses and purposes. I myself would of course take the 2 door coupe, but somebody with a family that would like something a bit sporty and offering the comforts of a sedan at the same time, while not wanting to go with a garbage car like the Hemi's, would definitely fit well in it.

As far as your brand loyalty, I'm a 100% Chevrolet guy till the end as well, however everybody has their own preferences and requirements in cars, so I try and refrain from talking crap about other brands, unless it's a teenager trying to "modify" a 4-cylinder budget car
Old 03-18-2007, 01:53 AM
TECH Regular

When I had my 3.8L F-body, I raced my friend in his 350Z roadster and lost... by 2 cars (I am rounding up for the 350Zs benefit). They are a fad. They are already dying down. Too many mid 30s men buying them to see punk kids in 12k cars ripping them all over the place.

You can say it handles better on the track, but how often to people take their race to the track. It is almost always done on the street. In America, most of the roads are pretty easy to drive and don't require a lot of handling out of a car.

So this thread should be locked because of repetition.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:09 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317
The automatic 350Z's make more low-end torque than the manual ones. So the auto isn't a problem and the car will be significantly more comfortable and well "refined" compared to a 22.5k car made in 1998.
In my eyes, a Camaro was never meant to be "refined". A muscle car was never supposed to be about that. It is about brute force first, everything else second. The 350Z is everything else first, and brute force is not really in the picture. The 350Z and the Camaro are not really comparable cars.

If I wanted more refined, I'd get a Vette.

I am a brand loyalist. No matter what, I can always find what I need/want from somewhere within the GM line up. I would also consider certain Fords or Dodge. No more asian cars for me though, ever.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ICEMAN 31
do you really want to drive around town in a car that resembles a computer mouse

do not doubt the LS1, only praise it

LOL thats so funny but i have several friends who have them and they are nice, but not nicer then what you got dont trade
Old 03-18-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Resident

you gotta be friggin joking right?