General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Support Team Trans Am #09 on SpikeTV's Bullrun

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Morgan and I just got some news that we are going to the Indianapolis 500 and get to do a pace lap around the track before the race. NOW THAT IS REALL COOL! I will have to get a picture of that! We wont be doing it in the T/A a chevy truck but that would have only been the ultimate.

Mike Alsop
Old 05-23-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by malsop
It is just the strangest thing all of the sudden all these haters along with MODERATORS show up and BOOM everyones an expert.

well mike personnaly i thought you sucked, and knew my car would do a lot better then yours because i mean,honestly,its my car... lol j/k i really thought how cool it would be to race my car accross country or anything to that sort and actually be hopefully getting paid for it you know? i had never had any intentions of watching bullrun when i had seen the previews but when i saw a RED T/A i had to lol...
Old 05-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Cool

Originally Posted by BOILER_WS6
Team Charger, Team F-150, Team Mustang, Team Scion, and Team Lotus were all at the real Bullrun as well. That statement really didn't mean anything b/c anyone could attend.
Hey, it was good meeting you and Morgan in Key West! I hope you guys enjoyed the stay and had a safe trip back. Hopefully it will not be the last time I see that trans am!

- Roberto
Old 05-23-2007, 11:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bww3588
who was taking Jason's place in the F-150?
I apologize. To clarify members of each of those teams were present. Jake couldn't make it so Jason rode with Morgan. Phillip from the Mustang couldn't make it as well as Jim from the Charger so Rich from Team Mustang rode with Mike of Team Charger....my point is that many participants from the show were present at the real Bullrun...even a flag girl or two...so that comment by Goldberg really had no merit as to who won....that's all

Old 05-23-2007, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bomb3r13
Hey, it was good meeting you and Morgan in Key West! I hope you guys enjoyed the stay and had a safe trip back. Hopefully it will not be the last time I see that trans am!

- Roberto

Roberto -

It was a pleasure meeting you as well. Nice ride. We actually got back to LA on Monday and are trying to get back to real life. I still have to get Morgan to slow down on the freeways b/c she still thinks shes on the rally..haha....I'm sure it won't be the last you will see the Trans Am

Old 05-24-2007, 02:17 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by malsop
Hey Morgan and I just got some news that we are going to the Indianapolis 500 and get to do a pace lap around the track before the race. NOW THAT IS REALL COOL! I will have to get a picture of that! We wont be doing it in the T/A a chevy truck but that would have only been the ultimate.

Mike Alsop
I would've tried begging to run the T.A. on the track instead of a truck not that you didn't try. I'm sure you did. anyway still awsome you get to do a lap on the track.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Launching!

Well lots of way more important people than me and I guess you have to have full clearance..

WHO KNOWS..

Mike Alsop
Old 05-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cowboysfan
I would've tried begging to run the T.A. on the track instead of a truck not that you didn't try. I'm sure you did. anyway still awsome you get to do a lap on the track.
So youve Got to be a Bobby Labonte or Terry LaBonte fan right??

Mike
Old 05-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Teching In

It would be sweet if they let you take T/A on Indi.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

This is my first post in this thread. I did not even know it was here until now. I did not follow the TV series, but I did see the final two episodes. Congrats to the Alsops and great job showing what the LSx f-body is capable of. Mike, I have an 18-year-old daughter myself, and I know it was not easy to go across country during a stressful event like that. Hats off to you both

OBTW Mike, your avatar is my car from about 5 years ago
Old 05-25-2007, 09:23 PM

Congrats on the Win M&M - I watched you try to break the tires loose on the glass window episode and know that it's no easy feet. AGain, Congrats!
Old 05-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Launching!

I saw this video on youtube ... it looks like the trans am in first couple of seconds when everyone got pulled over in GA?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEXOH...elated&search=
Old 05-26-2007, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Good find. Yea that T/A sure looks like it's red and it looks like her. Did you watch part 1? Cuz wow they sure are moving fast!
Old 05-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by phoenix67
It would be sweet if they let you take T/A on Indi.
Oh hell yeah.. teh new motor goes in wednesday we will see how it does.... but dont think theyt let me get but within a few inches of the fence with it.. lol

Mike
Old 05-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Reckless
This is my first post in this thread. I did not even know it was here until now. I did not follow the TV series, but I did see the final two episodes. Congrats to the Alsops and great job showing what the LSx f-body is capable of. Mike, I have an 18-year-old daughter myself, and I know it was not easy to go across country during a stressful event like that. Hats off to you both

OBTW Mike, your avatar is my car from about 5 years ago
Thanks the avatar woks well for me. I guess I need to get a little more creative..

LOL

MIKE ALSOP

THANKS FOR SUPPORTING TEAM ALSOP/TRANS AM

CATCH all the episodes at www.spiketv.com
Old 05-26-2007, 10:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jason Novak
I saw this video on youtube ... it looks like the trans am in first couple of seconds when everyone got pulled over in GA?

Yes it is us and yes I GO TO JAIL...LOL

MIKE
Old 05-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Staging Lane

Talking

Originally Posted by Jason Novak

bs, the cops just wanted to get into the Bullrun action. "go eat another fxxxx doghnut!" like Morgan said hahahah
Old 05-26-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sop,

Just stumbled into this thread. GREAT JOB! DVR'd every episode of the show. I live in AZ, also have a red WS6, and have motored on most of the roads in those episodes of AZ. Thanks to Morgan it's now been tagged a "chic" car in the nieghborhood so I drive my others more often now.

It sounds as though your world has whipped into a vortex of events, activities, fans, and more since the show.

Couple questions:
What got you interested in doing Bullrun?

What do Morgan and yourself typically do (careers/jobs)? This was something we asked ourselves about most everyone in the show.

What's next for the Alsop's?
Old 05-26-2007, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

love the show.. n got to see some of the cars on the turnpike going south.. which was bad ***.. good job n keep it up..!!
Old 05-26-2007, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

I think Eastbound & Down is the appropriate song for those vids of you guys gettting pulled over/arrested in Georgia. How fast were you guys going? I see the T/A up front. I love it!

Quick Reply: Support Team Trans Am #09 on SpikeTV's Bullrun