General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Support Team Trans Am #09 on SpikeTV's Bullrun

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 01:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Jerry Reed F T W!!!!
Old 05-26-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude... Mike and Morgan Congrats!!!!!

I missed the whole season on TV unfortunately (been busy with school and getting ready to move) but I stayed up all night and watched all 10 episodes on the Spike website took forever, but was friggin worth it! :yup:

All I have to say is, team scion got what they deserved. Team Olds aka the brothers were a bunch of douchbags... especially the way they acted towards team charger... Team lotus and civic got what they deserved with the speeding penalty. They had no right to start **** with team F150 (if it was reversed the same thing would have happened so...) they broke the rules, they paid for it... simple...

Your car is badass! I'm moving from San Diego to Phoenix, and I've drove up and down that route you guys took on the last episode so many times... I pass up frontage road (the dirt road team F150 took) and it's crazy... almost feel like i was there... Congrats again and hope to see you on there again in the future!
Old 05-26-2007, 02:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1FstFormulaV8
I think Eastbound & Down is the appropriate song for those vids of you guys gettting pulled over/arrested in Georgia. How fast were you guys going? I see the T/A up front. I love it!
120-160 before we had to get on the brakes! They were nice once they felt they got the situation under control. NICE PEOPLE!
Old 05-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bww3588
Jerry Reed F T W!!!!
NOW THATS FUNNY!

MIKE
Old 05-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
Dude... Mike and Morgan Congrats!!!!!

I missed the whole season on TV unfortunately (been busy with school and getting ready to move) but I stayed up all night and watched all 10 episodes on the Spike website took forever, but was friggin worth it! :yup:

All I have to say is, team scion got what they deserved. Team Olds aka the brothers were a bunch of douchbags... especially the way they acted towards team charger... Team lotus and civic got what they deserved with the speeding penalty. They had no right to start **** with team F150 (if it was reversed the same thing would have happened so...) they broke the rules, they paid for it... simple...

Your car is badass! I'm moving from San Diego to Phoenix, and I've drove up and down that route you guys took on the last episode so many times... I pass up frontage road (the dirt road team F150 took) and it's crazy... almost feel like i was there... Congrats again and hope to see you on there again in the future!
THANKS for the support. GO TEAM ALSOP/TRANS AM. Just got the tickets to the 500 and all the instructions on how to drive around in the parade lap. I am so pumped! If you all get a chance they need to hear from the f-body/gm/corvette.ls1,ls2,ls6,ls7 community just a quick e-mail to let them know how you felt about the show. We are currently trying to rally support for the next season so I guess it is up to you all.

Mike Alsop
Old 05-26-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by malsop
THANKS for the support. GO TEAM ALSOP/TRANS AM. Just got the tickets to the 500 and all the instructions on how to drive around in the parade lap. I am so pumped! If you all get a chance they need to hear from the f-body/gm/corvette.ls1,ls2,ls6,ls7 community just a quick e-mail to let them know how you felt about the show. We are currently trying to rally support for the next season so I guess it is up to you all.

Mike Alsop
what's their e-mail address? I'll send em word
Old 05-26-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Like some, I just found this thread today. I followed the show from about 4 episodes into it and enjoyed it. And I even read this entire thread. Congratualtions to you two on the win. The one question that kept popping up in my head. . How come nobody had a nvaigation system intalled in their car?
Old 05-27-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by richieg
Like some, I just found this thread today. I followed the show from about 4 episodes into it and enjoyed it. And I even read this entire thread. Congratualtions to you two on the win. The one question that kept popping up in my head. . How come nobody had a nvaigation system intalled in their car?
Against the rules.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Veteran

youtube doesnt have a video of the burnout yet
Old 05-27-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe next season we can see a 4th gen CAMARO win it!!
Old 05-28-2007, 09:17 AM
Launching!

www.spiketv.com is the site then contact us.

Pics and video of the indy 500 experience...coming tonight,,thanks again for the support

Mike Alsop
Old 05-28-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Pics and video of the indy 500 experience...coming tonight,,thanks again for the support

Mike Alsop
Hey mike im intrested in joining if there is a season 2, and ive made the following observations.

1.Having alot of power espcially up top is useless because of speed limits and the fact that most challenges are based on handling and low end.

2.How would my car being a 6 speed do?........i would get better gas mileage and be able to control my revs in the challenges compared to a automatic.

3.The relationship between your co-pilot and his navigation skills are a must , im lucky to have a brother who has travled all over the country touring with his band so hes great with maps and short cuts and we get along great.

what else do u think I would need besides handling mods and reliablilty?
Old 05-29-2007, 02:24 AM
Staging Lane

Cool

Mike Alsop
tell them how much ya like Bullrun! yeah!

http://www.spiketv.com/interact/feedback/feedback.jhtml
Old 05-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Mike, give me a little somethin' somethin' on this new engine Remember documentation is everything, oh and videos too, lol. If you get a meet together or decide to go cross-country again let me know I will be there

Team Trans Am ........all in your FACE!!!!!! GRRRRR!!
Old 05-29-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Camaro Ryder KV
someone needs to hit that guy in the face (in the pic) he looks like a douche.....he looks liek charlie sheen
what are you talking about, charlie sheen is the man hahaha

I just watched all the episodes right in three days, cool show, wtg ls1 ???!!!
Old 05-29-2007, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

who would have guessed the mopar would have stalled out hhehehawhawhaw
Old 05-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GMmexican
Hey mike im intrested in joining if there is a season 2, and ive made the following observations.

1.Having alot of power espcially up top is useless because of speed limits and the fact that most challenges are based on handling and low end.

2.How would my car being a 6 speed do?........i would get better gas mileage and be able to control my revs in the challenges compared to a automatic.

3.The relationship between your co-pilot and his navigation skills are a must , im lucky to have a brother who has travled all over the country touring with his band so hes great with maps and short cuts and we get along great.

what else do u think I would need besides handling mods and reliablilty?
Just remember you need a car that performs all around in the challenges and can be somewhat adaptable. Eg shocks adjustable/preload on springs/brakes must be all that and more. The fuel as long as 400 mile capabbility 45 gallons fuel cell! (SAFETY) NO FIGHTING IN THE CAR. STRESS OVERLOAD REMEMBER. I stayed up all night got 1 to 2 hours of sleep and let my daughter rest. I memorized every possible option and road out of each town and tried to figure out the best way EITHER HIGHWAY or MYWAY so when Goldberg asked I had a pretty good idea. Daughter hung out with the crowd at night and socialized while I worked on the car and the setup for the next day based on the weather forecast and type of driving terrain. As you look at the map if next to water and you see a lot of ferries well what are the chances that you wont be forced to use them. LOOK at all the possibilities maybe not the popular answer. The ferry we took no one saw but 4 other teams. Alliances have one secret one and one everyone knows about. Remember JUST FOCUS ON GETTING TO THE NEXT PLACE AND WHEN DONE THERE THE NEXT, NEVER OVERLOOK BECAUSE IT SEEMS EASY! I could go o and on but the driving have cruise control and the faster you get to speed limit and straighten out each curve it all adds up.

Mike Alsop

BTW pics and motor coming up

405 withLS6 block and heads. NICE CAM and the rest we will see. should be awesome with little to no LOPE...
PICS COMING
Old 05-31-2007, 05:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BTW pics and motor coming up

405 withLS6 block and heads. NICE CAM and the rest we will see. should be awesome with little to no LOPE...
PICS COMING
Mike hows it going, I talked to Dustin about installing the cam!! Hopefully I will see you at the shop next WEEK pal!!!
Hope your having fun!!
Old 05-31-2007, 06:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by litle8
Mike hows it going, I talked to Dustin about installing the cam!! Hopefully I will see you at the shop next WEEK pal!!!
Hope your having fun!!
Looking forward to it let me know when you are going to be here.

Mike
Old 06-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Get er done...hehe

Quick Reply: Support Team Trans Am #09 on SpikeTV's Bullrun