General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My new car

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobra2WS6
I would of at least got the newer body style
You can convert my body style to 94+ for under 3k, which is cheaper+ what I bought my car for, than buying a 94+ in the first place
Old 03-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Launching!

Dude...I'm asian and I drive an LS1 WS6 TA.

:
Old 03-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by transmaro93
dude.... nice car... but be careful with that transmission... iv known 3 different vr4's that have had transmission problems when they are modded or just from high miles and being that transmission is a german made piece... and is no longer produced its nearly impossible to get parts for let alone a full trans.... so im just saying be careful becuase i know 2 people that sold theres for pennies because they had blown transes and couldnt get parts to fix em.... not tryen to burst your bubble im just warning you one member to another... good luck with the car tho...
The parts are not that hard to find being that they were made from japanese origami. If u have a jap friend and a stack of computer paper he can make u a whole transfer case in 6 mins tops... As a matter of fact talk to the dude above this he should be able to whip u one up.

Last edited by TrAb; 03-30-2007 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aznspeed
Dude...I'm asian and I drive an LS1 WS6 TA.

:
Haha, that reminds me of an asian guy here with an 03 cobra. He quoted in his asian accent " i hate Japanese cars man" I was ROFL
Old 03-30-2007, 11:00 PM
Teching In

For real there is some asian dude here with a fake 03 cobra, it has all his mods in japanese then he has it translated into english right beside it going down his doors...
Old 03-30-2007, 11:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackTA98 LS1
Hopefully some of you guys will move out of your domestic bubbles one day and realize that v8's are not the end of the world.
Maybe I think alone here, but I love my country to much to stab it in the back and support another country by purchasing their products. Your vehicle might be used, but I gather from your mindset that you would have no problem, given the budget, to purchase an import new. As I'm sure you are aware, the profit from that vehicle goes back to Japan (or whatever country your vehicle originated in), instead of staying here in the United States. You are also suggesting that we all do the same, and I'll put my foot down and say NO, you can take that import and shove it.

And don't pull that "imports handle better then domestics" because thats bullshit. In todays day and age, our cars are more powerful, handle better, and are more reliable then almost any import can dream of (pretty much minus the super cars). The only way that an import can make power is through forced induction. Motor vs motor displacement owns, so don't try and pull that **** here, where you know some of the people actually have an education.

/edit: And may I add:
Old 03-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Teching In

Looks like a 91-93 model. 300HP/300TQ

checked the times:

1991 Pontiac Firebird Formula (0-60)6.5 (1/4)14.8
vs.
1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (0-60)5.3 (1/4)13.8

Doesnt look that bad even next to an LS1 SS
1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 5.2 13.6

The 94+ runs 13.5 stock with the only change being 2 more lbs of boost (320hp/320tq) Nothing to sneeze at when the wick is turned up to 5-8lbs over stock.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cooltc2004
Maybe I think alone here, but I love my country to much to stab it in the back and support another country by purchasing their products.
Think that computer you are typing on right now was made in Bowling Green, Kentucky? TV, Telephone, cigarette lighter? How about the shirt youre wearing right now?

Cars are cars, but that comment was rediculous

PS: After looking at your mods, his car is a whole second faster than yours. Soo, why all the hate? Hes a car guy that got a new (quick) car. ???

Last edited by 1forest1; 03-30-2007 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe I think alone here, but I love my country to much to stab it in the back and support another country by purchasing their products. Your vehicle might be used, but I gather from your mindset that you would have no problem, given the budget, to purchase an import new. As I'm sure you are aware, the profit from that vehicle goes back to Japan (or whatever country your vehicle originated in), instead of staying here in the United States. You are also suggesting that we all do the same, and I'll put my foot down and say NO, you can take that import and shove it.

And don't pull that "imports handle better then domestics" because thats bullshit. In todays day and age, our cars are more powerful, handle better, and are more reliable then almost any import can dream of (pretty much minus the super cars). The only way that an import can make power is through forced induction. Motor vs motor displacement owns, so don't try and pull that **** here, where you know some of the people actually have an education.

/edit: And may I add:
Are you seriously trying to pull the " dont support other countries" b/s here? Get off your American high horse, every country works together and you buy foreign products everyday , whether you like it or not.

As far as handling, it's obvious that any car can be made to handle well and go fast. I have owned an f body, I have drivin it around turns . I now have a vr4 and I have driven it around turns. Who here has more information onto which can handle better?
Old 03-30-2007, 11:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1forest1
Looks like a 91-93 model. 300HP/300TQ

checked the times:

1991 Pontiac Firebird Formula (0-60)6.5 (1/4)14.8
vs.
1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (0-60)5.3 (1/4)13.8

Doesnt look that bad even next to an LS1 SS
1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 5.2 13.6

The 94+ runs 13.5 stock with the only change being 2 more lbs of boost (320hp/320tq) Nothing to sneeze at when the wick is turned up to 5-8lbs over stock.
and having that couple extra psi is only a solenoid away, which I have done of course
Old 03-30-2007, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1forest1
Think that computer you are typing on right now was made in Bowling Green, Kentucky? TV, Telephone, cigarette lighter? How about the shirt youre wearing right now?

Cars are cars, but that comment made me shake my head..
Go ahead and shake your head, because your nit picking. The are some things that we all inevitably have to use that aren't made in this country. I was obviously referring to automobiles when I made that statement, but I'm willing to bet that the only reason you made the statement you made was to be an ***, and possibly get a laugh or two.

/edit: And I'll have you know that my shirt is Made in the USA, as well as my television, and I don't smoke.

Last edited by cooltc2004; 03-30-2007 at 11:34 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Go ahead and shake your head, because your nit picking. The are some things that we all inevitably have to use that aren't made in this country. I was obviously referring to automobiles when I made that statement, but I'm willing to bet that the only reason you made the statement you made was to be an ***, and possibly get a laugh or two.

/edit: And I'll have you know that my shirt is Made in the USA, as well as my television, and I don't smoke.
You must be popular in your trailor park huh?
Old 03-30-2007, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

1forest1, my car in a V6, no way a performance engine. When I drop in the V8, then tell me how much faster his car in.

BlackTA98 LS1: Sure, what ever you say. Its obvious that your using childish comments to start something. You go ahead and drive your car, I really didn't expect you to all of a sudden see the light.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BlackTA98 LS1: Sure, what ever you say. Its obvious that your using childish comments to start something. You go ahead and drive your car, I really didn't expect you to all of a sudden see the light.
Childish comments?

When you get a car with over 200 hp please come back and post

Git r dun
Old 03-30-2007, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

This is too great. I had to register just to point this out. You are so up on your soapbox about supporting this country and all. Fine. That's a noble movement. But do you honestly that everything in your American car is made in America? If you don't realize that no matter what, you are supporting other countries in one way or another with the purchase of your American vehicle, then you are more foolish than you let on. The lowest bidder gets the job of selling all of those hoses, wires, etc etc. I can almost 100% guarantee you that there are many things in your car which was made in some foreign environment.

-Shigun
Old 03-31-2007, 12:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh great, I'm bring out the import boys

When referring to my cars (check fquick for them), they were all assembled in this country, with most of the parts made here (1992 is the only one that might have some imported items). When referring to American cars in general, I do know that alot of the parts were made in other countries, and the vehicle itself most likely was assembled in Canada, but the profit (which is what I was referring to the entire time) stays in the United States.

And BlackTA98 LS1, check the fquick for vehicles with >=200HP
Old 03-31-2007, 12:02 AM
Teching In

1forest1, my car in a V6, no way a performance engine. When I drop in the V8, then tell me how much faster his car in.

I can see why your comments are so ignorant. You can hardly speak the english language.
I can hardly understand what you said in this last post of yours.
The mitsu v6 IS a performance engine. A stock short block that can make 800-900 crank hp.
Last I checked my ls1 buddies were upgrading blocks and other parts LONG before that even though they have 2x the displacement. Man what a piece of **** that mitsubishi is. ****!! It cant only make 300hp/liter stock
If your motor could do that 1800hp! woot!!! If you know what you are doing then drivetrain repair and upgrades are easy to find. You just cant pull out your summit catalog.

Seriously, you have a v6 rustbucket and you have the right to talk trash on anyone????? I think not. You even think your car is some genuine American product. Oh well, if you never even passed english class I'm sure you don't know anything about economics.

Newer Corvettes are very very nice looking cars. the WS6 looks mean....your v6 ummm..well you got the short end of the stick when it comes to ugly v6 F bodies.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ondonti
I can see why your comments are so ignorant. You can hardly speak the english language.
I can hardly understand what you said in this last post of yours.
The mitsu v6 IS a performance engine. A stock short block that can make 800-900 crank hp.
Last I checked my ls1 buddies were upgrading blocks and other parts LONG before that even though they have 2x the displacement. Man what a piece of **** that mitsubishi is. ****!! It cant only make 300hp/liter stock
If your motor could do that 1800hp! woot!!! If you know what you are doing then drivetrain repair and upgrades are easy to find. You just cant pull out your summit catalog.

Seriously, you have a v6 rustbucket and you have the right to talk trash on anyone????? I think not. You even think your car is some genuine American product. Oh well, if you never even passed english class I'm sure you don't know anything about economics.

Newer Corvettes are very very nice looking cars. the WS6 looks mean....your v6 ummm..well you got the short end of the stick when it comes to ugly v6 F bodies.
Wow, who in their right mind gave THIS kid a green card? I see that I made one spelling error, oh my god I'm so sorry! Of course, this coming from a person who's first post was very hard to understand.

Lets see, I was referring to MY V6 when I said it wasn't a performance engine. And I'll have you know that there isn't a spec of rust on my car, oh but I forgot, you can't see past the stereotype!
Old 03-31-2007, 12:44 AM
Staging Lane

i did the exact opposite , i sold my 93 vr4 and bought a 98 trans am, those cars are fun awd and aws is the ****
Old 03-31-2007, 01:34 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackTA98 LS1
If you think vr4's are ugly, then dont buy one.
Tell me why they are unreliable, please mr car mechanic know it all??

I know I know, it must suck to have bolt on hondas pass your 3.8 , I can tell why your mad
Now you an I know that vr-4s are not known for their reliability; if you want i can make a list.

With that being said if you have the patience and knowledge to keep them running and mod them they make for a great street car; 1.6 60fts on street tires makes for an *** whoppin on many f-bodies stoplight to stoplight unless the fbody is rolling on drags ( not many do daily )

You guys need to realize that every platform has its strong points, if youve raced a TT 3000GT or Stealth from a stoplight (even a stock one ) and was not impressed you ran accross what we call "i dont know how to drive my car" syndrome. Blame the drive of the car not the car itself.