General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My new car

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 02:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like cars, in fact I love cars, for god sakes what were you thinking!!! I think in this case it's to each his own. I'm glad my TA m6 is still in my garage. Have fun and looking forward in seeing your VR4 in my rearview mirror....
Old 03-31-2007, 02:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackTA98 LS1
Yeah, cause we all know that big bad lt1 is invincible right?

Hopefully some of you guys will move out of your domestic bubbles one day and realize that v8's are not the end of the world.

I still have ls1 love and will probably own another one , one day.

Thanks for those who had a compliment
damn dude i made a joke, dont get all butt hurt.. and yeah if you want to bring that thing against my LT1 i will walk you at half throttle...
Old 03-31-2007, 08:02 AM
Teching In

There is a lot of mis-information in this thread, and it is dissapointing to see that people have such closed minds....

I've got both a 50th AE and a VR-4 in the garage and each is a different, and equally satisfying car to drive...

For those that say the car is slow, unreliable, junk, ugly.... I only have a few comments. Take the sand out of the vagina.

Reliable? = With regular maintenance the cars go 150k+
Modded? = The drivetrains can take more than a stock T56 and 10 bolt all day long. 9.71 @ 151 is the record on stock drivetrain from DR with the MTX, and with the ATX ( with it beefed up ) is even lower. ( stock rear end )

Junk / Ugly? = In 91, I don't quite think third-gens win any beauty pagaents , come on people.

That's all. I love both of the vehicles, and I most certainly do not think higher of one over the other.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mcano
I like cars, in fact I love cars, for god sakes what were you thinking!!! I think in this case it's to each his own. I'm glad my TA m6 is still in my garage. Have fun and looking forward in seeing your VR4 in my rearview mirror....
Ya, you got an slp exhaust
Old 03-31-2007, 08:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by neodamonkey
Now you an I know that vr-4s are not known for their reliability; if you want i can make a list.

With that being said if you have the patience and knowledge to keep them running and mod them they make for a great street car; 1.6 60fts on street tires makes for an *** whoppin on many f-bodies stoplight to stoplight unless the fbody is rolling on drags ( not many do daily )

You guys need to realize that every platform has its strong points, if youve raced a TT 3000GT or Stealth from a stoplight (even a stock one ) and was not impressed you ran accross what we call "i dont know how to drive my car" syndrome. Blame the drive of the car not the car itself.
Thank you for the intelligent comment.

I knew that dsm's were not known for reliability , but my vr4 and plenty other I know have near , and over 100k miles and run like day one. I understand that modded ones will be more unreliable like any car would be, if thats what your getting at.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:19 AM
Launching!

Thank you for the intelligent comment.

I knew that dsm's were not known for reliability , but my vr4 and plenty other I know have near , and over 100k miles and run like day one. I understand that modded ones will be more unreliable like any car would be, if thats what your getting at.

Well kind of. Alot of the TT 3s or NA 3s for that matter will go 150+ miles no problem and still run like a champ.

The disapointing thing about the platform is the random catastrophic failures; some times ( more frequently than desirable ) stock cars start to leak capaciters, grind synchros, spin bearings, or jump timing. Thats a short list to a longer list of issues that the platform is plagued with.

Again with that being said if you are willing to deal with the maintanance and the chance of one of those happening randomly its a great platform.

All you guys that state that youll see a TT 3s in your mirror ( some guys are even stock saying that ), you need to realize that when you run across one that is driven well ( especially if even slightly moded ) you are going to see the 3s put a good 1-2 car lengths out of the hole on you.

I love the LS1 as much as the rest of you, but that does not mean it can not be beat.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by neodamonkey
The disapointing thing about the platform is the random catastrophic failures; some times ( more frequently than desirable ) stock cars start to leak capaciters, grind synchros, spin bearings, or jump timing.
Very nicely said post BTW, but where exactly does the car leak capacitors? Im just asking because i came outside the other night and there was a pile of little capacitors under my car and i dont know where there coming from. Made a killing on ebay with them though.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TrAb
Very nicely said post BTW, but where exactly does the car leak capacitors? Im just asking because i came outside the other night and there was a pile of little capacitors under my car and i dont know where there coming from. Made a killing on ebay with them though.
Ha; you know what i meant
Old 03-31-2007, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1forest1
Think that computer you are typing on right now was made in Bowling Green, Kentucky? TV, Telephone, cigarette lighter? How about the shirt youre wearing right now?

Cars are cars, but that comment was rediculous

PS: After looking at your mods, his car is a whole second faster than yours. Soo, why all the hate? Hes a car guy that got a new (quick) car. ???

that small **** under 20 doesnt matter. when u go spend 20k on some jap *** peice that does.

theres way to many foreign shitboxs on the road nowadays. i would never own one, but i guess thats just me
Old 03-31-2007, 08:51 AM
Launching!

LOL, ok this thread has gone a little too far. Leave the guy alone.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CAMAROZ28SS
that small **** under 20 doesnt matter. when u go spend 20k on some jap *** peice that does.

theres way to many foreign shitboxs on the road nowadays. i would never own one, but i guess thats just me
With your redneck v8 owner mentallity, we dont want you anyways.

Plastic interiors FTW
Old 03-31-2007, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

this is a LS1 site, if u think shitbox imports are better go to a diff forum
Old 03-31-2007, 08:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What? You just joined this site last month and your telling me to go away? STFU noob
Old 03-31-2007, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Plastic interiors FTW

atleast i didnt sell my LS1 for some like 4 or 6 cyl car that is ugly
Old 03-31-2007, 08:55 AM
Teching In

I dont understand why we are fighting about any of this. Because we all no the SUPRA CAN NEVER LOOSE FTW FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! supra
Old 03-31-2007, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Plastic interiors FTW
we dont want you??? i do belive this is a LS1 site not a import site

more like we dont want YOU
Old 03-31-2007, 08:57 AM
Launching!

Plastic interiors FTW
This is where the post is going to start to go the wrong way; yeah the ls1's have plastic interiors, honestly who cares. GM put the engineering where it should be in a sports car- the engine and drivetrain.

I would much rather worry about the way my interior looks than to freak out any time i hear a tapping or smell something funny. ( if you are a 3s owner, you know what i am talking about even if you dont want to admit it )
Old 03-31-2007, 09:03 AM
Teching In

Acually if i hear a tapping or a smell i just beat the **** out of the car till it goes away. No lie works everytime, now if i smell something i usually check my pants because THIS THING IS SO FAST....
Old 03-31-2007, 09:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TrAb
Acually if i hear a tapping or a smell i just beat the **** out of the car till it goes away. No lie works everytime
I would have to say you are the minority. Wierd theory you have but i guess if it works?
Old 03-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Teching In

Interesting thread, I find it slightly hypocritical to say that the Stealth/VR-4 is plagued with driveline problems and act as if the Lx1 cars don't have any problems. I'm on my stock driveline with 160k miles. I also go to the track every tuesday and thursday typically and routinely pulls 1.6x 60's so it's not like I'm babying it. I had a couple of friends with bone stock F-bodys that busted the rearend and they make about half the horsepower I do.

anyway... I like all things fast, I even built a forum www.racevideoforums.com and video hosting sites for many other brands including http://vettefbodyvideo.vidiac.com if anyone doubts me.

here's a few educational videos for those of you who think the mighty v8 is the only way to go fast:

Mellon's stealth vs LS1 with 150 shot of nitrous
Click here to see Video

Mellon's stealth vs 400ci Chevelle with a Pro Charger
Click here to see Video

Mellon's stealth vs a gutted LS1 with T76 turbo
Click here to see Video

Mellon's stealth vs various F-body's and a 10 second cobra at the track
Click here to see Video

there's much much more where that come from...but I think I made my point