General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My new car

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 10:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are both of those cars yours? I'm assuming they are (they both look awesome btw).
-Dan
Old 03-31-2007, 10:57 AM
Teching In

No the TA is one of my good friends who is acually a member on the boards here...
Old 03-31-2007, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TrAb
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK your wish has came true

Yes, we take a plain, basic Trans Am and sit it next to a modded and decked out Stealth with nice wheels, aftermarket hood, 2nd gen bumper cover, ect...

How about sitting a puffed up WS-6(with custom wheels and such)next to that Stealth? Let's at least compare apples to apples, guys.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:00 AM
Launching!

Yes, the stealth does look nicely updated.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Teching In

I don't think my car looks better or worse (then the trans am) honestly! Granted I have aftermarket wheels, but...
-Dan
Old 03-31-2007, 11:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Darkstealth

I don't think my car looks better or worse (then the trans am) honestly! Granted I have aftermarket wheels, but...
-Dan

Car looks nice too!
Old 03-31-2007, 11:07 AM
On The Tree

-Dan

Dan, I'll give you that. If you're gonna have a Stealth TT, it has to be black. Those nice wheels set your car off, too.

I always thought the 2nd gen 18" Stealth TT wheels were great looking wheels as well, for the 1st gen stealth black Stealths.

Last edited by Tim Noel; 03-31-2007 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Teching In

U didnt say **** about what was done to the car when they were next to each other. Anyways this is what ive done to my car apperance wise, viper hood, saleen rims, and 3sx bumper... Is that one "puffed" up?

Old 03-31-2007, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

U didnt say **** about what was done to the car when they were next to each other. Anyways this is what ive done to my car apperance wise, viper hood, saleen rims, and 3sx bumper...

If you are talking to me, yes I did mention it above, about the Stealth..

P.S. With that being said, I'll take the blue TA(pictured), anyday, over a Stealth/3000GT.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:14 AM
Teching In

Haha, gogo gaudy rims!
-Dan
Old 03-31-2007, 11:17 AM
Teching In

Yeah if u like that blue one u have no taste. The hood itself is offensive to black people's nose everywhere. The rims are chrome and thats all i have to say about those, and he has clears on it omg american rice...
Old 03-31-2007, 11:20 AM
Teching In

here's a few pics of my ugly stealth

Old 03-31-2007, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Yeah if u like that blue one u have no taste. The hood itself is offensive to black people's nose everywhere. The rims are chrome and thats all i have to say about those, and he has clears on it omg american rice...

Well, since you opened the door about taste.....

Why the 2nd gen front bumper, but 1st gen flip up headlights?

Why a 3000GT spoiler, instead of a 96 TT spoiler?

Why those black wheels?

Those are some things right there that kills the looks of your car, in my opinion.

P.S. The comments about black people was pretty much uncalled for.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tim Noel
Well, since you opened the door about taste.....

Why the 2nd gen front bumper, but 1st gen flip up headlights?

Why a 3000GT spoiler, instead of a 96 TT spolier?

Why those black wheels?

Those are some things right there that kills the looks of your car, in my opinion.
Black wheels because black wheels are the best, im sorry i couldent "THROW SOME D'S on dat bitch" like u wanted. Why a 3kgt spoiler, uh probably because at the time i did it nobody else had done it that i was aware of. Also why would i want a bannana on my back glass reffering to the 96TT spoiler. Now onto the "2nd gen bumper", yeah u sure do know alot about 3S's u know so much that it isnt even close to being a second gen bumper. That is a custom bumper made by the company 3sx which was designed to keep the popup headlights BECAUSE ITS SOMETHING DIFFERENT. Maybe thats what u dont get, it is better to be different sometimes. Now lets talk about your cars, bird beak front end , spoiler off jap rice i dont even think the japs could release , plastic interior , small rims
Old 03-31-2007, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, I sure do know about the 3s platform. I call it the 2nd gen bumper, because that is what it's modeled after, so your car can have a 2nd gen look, but not cost as much as doing it the right way with a 99 front bumper and headlights. Cheap man's version, so to speak, huh?

And I would rather have a bannana, than an airplane wing on the back. BTW, those black wheels are gross. Sorry, man...

I am very familiar with 3sx, as I done alot of business with them in the past, when I was in the 3s platform. You may also know/heard of Matt out at Dynamic Racing in NM. He is a good guy from that platform.

Also, I like my plastic interior, bird beak, ect.. Great looking cars! And a V8, not some chingy V6, with dingle berries attached for more get up and go. Know what I mean?
Old 03-31-2007, 11:43 AM
Syn
On The Tree

Well I guess I see what I've grown to expect from some of the members here, and then there are some compliments too.

For those of you who keep saying "Why oh why would you sell an LS1 for that? Such a downgrade!" etc. etc. I would like to ask you, have you ever owned or extensively driven a VR4 (or Stealth TT)? As my sig says I used to have a '92 VR4 before I got my '99 TA, and I can wholeheartedly say it was much more fun to drive. It wasn't more fun to own, as my particular car had over 150k miles, 5 owners, and wasn't treated very well, but that can be said about any car with a bad past. I plan on getting another VR4 (with low miles and 1-2 owners like my TA was) after I'm out of school, that's how much I liked it.

I do like the TA too, but each car has plusses and minuses and I think the VR4 had more plusses. It handled better and in my opinion looks better. It definitely got more looks and was 5000 times rarer so people actually asked about it which I always enjoyed. AWD owns for winter driving and for pure fun on the street, you don't have to worry about getting an 'unsafe start' ticket everytime you feel like taking off from a stoplight because you just grip and go. 1/4 mile times are nearly identical, and if anybody wants to start up that argument just don't even bother--both cars run in the 13s and both cars stock have seen anywhere from low 13s to high 13s to low 14s depending on driver. I agree from a roll the TA is quicker, as it's putting out more horsepower to the wheels and weighs a couple hundred pounds less.

I guess I don't expect many people to read this post, but please don't say things like "OMG LS1>all, you downgraded so much!" before you even know what the other car is. In my opinion they are both so close in price and performance and looks that both cars are great! Don't dismiss something just because of where it was made either!
Old 03-31-2007, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Matt Monnett never heard of him? Who that , YEAH you are really gonna make yourself look dumber if u keep posting, that bumper was modeled after the 3RD GEN BUMPER. Just stfu dude you sound slightly retarded...
Yeah, you're right. Nothing like a punk getting mouthy on a message board, and schooling me. You got it, kid.

You know what I meant, so no need to get technical. I lump anything that is not a pop up headlight, as a 2nd gen on the Stealth, since they did not have a 3rd gen. Correct? I don't doubt I have owned and parted out more Stealths/3000GTs than you have ever owned, so give it a rest, partner.

Enjoy your Stealth, and if your mommy and daddy was not supporting you, you could not make it on your own and you know it. Get out and live on your own, and try to afford upkeep on your Stealth without mommy and daddy paying for it, and you will realize some info from this old man was pretty accurate.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I love how people are so stupid, and yet have the power to vote. It amazes me. Just think this through, really really quickly. Where can you spend AMERICAN money? In AMERICA. I'll make this very simple for you.

I give Mitsu 35K for a new VR4.
Mitsu gives it's Japan branch $35,000.

From here it can do one of two things. Keep the $35K American and put it in a bank (and read up on how banks hold onto money to see why this is a good thing), OR, they can exchange it, in which case a bank STILL ends up with $35K.

Either way, that AMERICAN money is going to get back here, moved around, traded, whatever, it's good to have money moving around. All transactions are good. Buying for 'patriotic reasons' is not only hindering to the country, but buying an inferior product simply because its American, why not go buy an American typewriter and give up your computer? If something is bad, you shouldn't waste your money on it, it's as simple as that.

Oh, and for the record, one of my dream cars is a slightly lowered black on black ls1 WS6 Trans Am with some nice chromies.
-Dan
It must be an import thing to use childish remarks like "I love how people are so stupid, and yet have the power to vote." You can go ahead and reread my comments, never once did I call anyone stupid or made a childish remark.

All along I've been talking about the profits going back to the original country (depending on what make of car) . When the profits go back, they are converted here, and sent back in that countries dollar system.

Your first paragraph was VERY disrespectful, and that kind of talk is not appreciated on these boards. If you want to have a discussion, I'd be more then willing to participate, if you want to talk like that, I have nothing left to say to you.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:54 AM
Teching In

Well acually i deleted that post because i didnt wanna start anything but u sir are dumb as hell. I pay for my own **** so dont worry about that, im sorry that u are mad that i make for money apparantly than a 30yo loser...
Old 03-31-2007, 11:59 AM
Teching In

It must be an import thing to use childish remarks like "I love how people are so stupid, and yet have the power to vote." You can go ahead and reread my comments, never once did I call anyone stupid or made a childish remark.

All along I've been talking about the profits going back to the original country (depending on what make of car) . When the profits go back, they are converted here, and sent back in that countries dollar system.

Your first paragraph was VERY disrespectful, and that kind of talk is not appreciated on these boards. If you want to have a discussion, I'd be more then willing to participate, if you want to talk like that, I have nothing left to say to you.
Your comments WERE stupid.

Once again, the whole idea of buying simply on the basis of 'being a patriot' is about as foolish as buying a Ford because you think their logo looks pretty. The Japanese company may make a profit, but they also have bases of operations here in the States, money simply doesn't 'leave the country'. American dollars, profit here or elsewhere, is a profit for us. Just because it doesn't go to a certain 'American' company, doesn't mean it isn't helpful. I'll give a quote an econ teacher said in my class, and it made everything make a little bit more sense.

"We keep handing them all these pieces of paper, and they keep sending us cars, I love how this works!"

-Dan