General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

i need help badly

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help badly

one of my college grants is potentially falling through bc the cap for the max income is 40k, which my parents made 39.8 but they got audited and they might have made more (any of you who know how hard it is with two kids 40k isn't alot of money), if it falls through i have to sell my 98 z28 red m6 that i JUST got 3 months ago, i love my car and it needs a new hydraulic system for the clutch, so if i would sell it, no one could appreciate its real worth and i'd end up getting screwd

if you read this whole thing you might actually care

a couple friends have started a "save james' car fund" and if you'd like to donate PM me, i'm desperate

thanks for reading
James

PS if i do have to sell it, i have to fix the hydraulics so donor parts are welcome, i can pay shipping probably, but it might have to wait for a paycheck

Last edited by khaos288; 04-26-2007 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:18 PM
11 Second Club

you know if im able to buy my hawk back my slave and master will go towards your car
Old 04-25-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Have you reached out for student loans for aid? I did it that way as i am usually never able for good scholerships or grants or i am to late for them. I had my entire years worth of car payments made with tuition and books. Also - i got a two new jobs before school ended this year and would up having a nice little "saftey net" for when **** hits the fan. If i were in your shoes id seek some summer aid and see what you can get and such - Anyhow, if i lost my aid id have to sell my TA as well so i know what your going through
Old 04-25-2007, 10:46 PM
Launching!

i applied for alot of student loans idk if your from texas or not but here everyone in the top 10% is automatically accepted to any public school, so any aid is hard to come by, i'm taking one loan for 5k, already and i'm gonna work all summer trying to make up food money to last me till xmas
Old 04-25-2007, 10:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My advice is to work really hard for what you want
Old 04-25-2007, 10:50 PM
Launching!

yeah, i plan on it, every summer till now i've laid carpet during the summers, 48 hours a week and in the hot texas sun it was pretty decent pay, i've worked ***** to get that camaro, thats why i realllly dont wanna see it go, thanks for posting up though dude
Old 04-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You can sell your Tea heads to help raise some of the money. Asking for donations because you think we can appreciate your car is tacky. You'll have plenty of chances in the future for another nice car. AT your age I had no more than $1000 to spend on a car and have worked very hard for years to get what I have now but yet you think we should just donate to you so you dont have to. your ***

I'm gonna start a I need help with mods for my car thread because I have kids.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 04-25-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Launching!

wow, dude, you dont know how hard i work, i pull labor out of my *** while keeping, good enough grades to get into college, i plan on working reallly hard this summer just to keep my car, and the tea's came on the car, i never could have afforded them otherwise, i'm not asking for money to buy some new stuff or get a neew hood or something dumb, i'm trying to get enough sothat i can drive it down to college station instead of take the bus
Old 04-25-2007, 11:43 PM
Launching!

PS if i had the stock heads and valves and stuff, i'd get rid of the teas in a heart beat
Old 04-25-2007, 11:46 PM
Banned

Cry me a river. People work years and years and live in poverty and never buy a car worth 500. You sound like your doing fine. Your day will come again to own a nice car when you graduate. You might work hard but yours is not a sad story. You think you work harder than I did for 3.35 and hour?

Also I took the bus for the first 2 years I got to this city before I could buy a car. Nothing wrong with it. Get a year pass, it's cheaper.

Well you can find out what the tea's are and see if they're worth anything and then go from there. Stock heads complete are cheap but it doesnt matter it wont be enough for you. Be happy you can go to college and wont get stuck pumping gas for life

try an ebay auction, thats you best bet to solicit money from strangers for nothing

call me what ever you want, just dont call me late for diner
Old 04-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Launching!

i've worked months at a time for 2.15/hour and if you appreciated hard work, you would understand 3 summers walking just to save money to buy a car shouldn't be thrown away bc the stupid govt cap is 500 dollars under what my parents (who dont' give me ANY money, i'm not some spoiled kid) make, any one who lives years and years in poverty without buying a car worth 500 has more problems than me, lemme know when i can help one out
Old 04-25-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not saying debt is your friend, but you really have no other choice but loans. Nothing like being up to your throat in debt from student loans but driving a nice car that is paid for. Well atleast thats what I keep telling myself......
Old 04-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Launching!

yeh, i saved and paid cash for my car to stay out of it, but its lookin like thats how it might end up, thanks for being sympathetic this dbag a couple posts above me thinks he's god almighty mr. morals, i like the nice guys
Old 04-25-2007, 11:59 PM
Banned

Its tough, it really is but you wont die, lose a house, starve, or live in a tent.

Can you honestly justify your need for a nice car over someone who's hungry or has no place to live, or just lost their job and have kids to support. ? Honestly your asking for money to keep your car is pathetic. Sell it, get as much as you can for it and get yourself ready for school. Get your prioritys straight is all I can say.

I've been on my own since I was 18 and never asked anyone for anything. I worked 2 40 hr a week jobs at times just to eat. I never had money for anything but rent insurance and gas. Food wasn't on the budget. Lived from eating at friends house and handouts of leftovers. Top Ramen was a treat for me because it meant I was able to go shopping.

No you can sell your car and get ready for your future and realize how lucky you are to have this choice. What if you didnt have a car to sell and the 500 was keeping you from going at all?
Old 04-25-2007, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
call me what ever you want, just dont call me late for diner

Liar, *****! Liar, *****!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 12:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by khaos288
this dbag a couple posts above me thinks he's god almighty mr. morals, i like the nice guys
If all you want is a shoulder to cry on then post that but your looking for a handout. Panhandling on the internet in an online car forum. what next? you gonna go down town and beg for spare change or is it that your sick of doing that?
Old 04-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Launching!

so your telling me, you've worked very hard for everything you had, and ate less just for that? and i'm saying i'm prepared to do the same to keep my car, just bc without i'll have nothing, bc summertime will come and you can't just stay in the dorm, i'll probabaly be living out of it next summer, are you saying you wouldn't have wanted help when you were 18 in alone? i know i sure as hell am gonna need it, and if asking for help is wrong then your right, and i get it
Old 04-26-2007, 12:05 AM
Launching!

no i just dont see why someone like you would come out of the woodwork, JUST to be destructive, nothing good can come from what your saying, your just being angry and its helping no one, not even you
Old 04-26-2007, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey 99blancoSS you don't have to come off as a total *** about this.

Who gives a **** if he is or is not lucky to be where he is. There will always be somebody who has it better, and somebody who has it worse. No reason to lecture him on how good he has it. Because the life you claimed to live is heaven to some people.

Nobody ever respects what people work for and always assume that the nice things they have are because of handouts. Case and point the **** who took a screw driver to my car on Sun. I'm sure they are like now this kid has mommy and daddy to pay for something else. Little did that **** know I worked 85 hours the last 2 summers to be able to afford school and the car.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by khaos288
no i just dont see why someone like you would come out of the woodwork, JUST to be destructive, nothing good can come from what your saying, your just being angry and its helping no one, not even you
You've got to be kidding me? Your begging for money over the internet and you dont see anything wrong with that?
Just to be destructive? What's destrcutive about telling you your head is burried. I'm telling you to put your head on straight and realize the car doesnt mean **** in the reality of importance. You dont want to hear it. TO bad, dont make a post and ask for money.

Hey guys I dont want to sell my car. Give me money. Someone needs to teach you true responsibility. You worked hard for your car, it was your dream and now you need to sell it so you can accomplish better things and then have a nicer dream car. If you cant see that your fucked in the head and shouldnt be wasting anyones money on school anyway.

I want my cake and eat it too without paying for it. Choose the car then and skip school.