General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Coolest Cop I've Met

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trick is to not let him get close enough to get your tag. Then once out of sight turn off and get out of that area. And yes I do agree 99.9% of them are ********!
Old 05-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99HorseSlayer
you can outrun the cop car but not the cop radio
Can't outrun a moto.....Unless you have a Turbo Habusa
Old 05-22-2007, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Super Speed
Can't outrun a moto.....Unless you have a Turbo Habusa
**** if he's on a bike then you just run him the hell off the road haha
Old 05-22-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've found over the years that most law enforcement officers are great and believe in what they do with a passion. It's just the few ********* who give law enforcement a bad name for the most part. These guys put up with sooooo much ****. Cops are alwways in my thoughts and prayers and so are service members and paramedics and firefighters ... these guys and gals are the heart of America!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

why is it we only run into the ********* all the time then?
i've met a few good ones but ten fold **** heads for sure
usually the guys who got punked on in school by guys like us
so they're tryin to get back at the kids they were jealous of
Old 05-22-2007, 07:58 PM
ckd
Teching In

I've been on so many different forums ove rthe years and have seen one thing that unites them all. No matter what car you are driving, be it a Celica, a Camaro, a Corvette, a Mustang, anything, cops discriminate and profile you and your car. How about, you were speeding, so you got pulled over? I've been pulled over many times, you try to get out of the ticket, some you win some you don't, it's part of the game, I can't get mad at em for giving me a ticket, it's their job. My job is to not get caught lol. I do see some being a-holes though, but everyone has a bad day or is just an A-hole by nature. One cop gave me a ticket for going 74 in a 70 with a clean license and no warnings in over 3 years. Definate A-hole, but his choice. I fully support cops but hate getting pulled over I just wish they'd stop profiling me (j/k). I'll stop speeding someday I guess, maybe when I get an honda that can't do the speed limit, I dunno we'll see. Glad you met such a nice guy though. Cops are people too and they risk their lives doing what they do. Thank you (cops, firefighters, everyone out there that helps keep me safe at night).
Old 05-22-2007, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

WOW most carbondale cops are dicks, thats cool though nice ta by the way
Old 05-23-2007, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i had a similar situation. i dont remember what year, it was like 4 years ago, but i was at some friends house who were having a SuperBowl party (Panthers vs. Patriots i beleive) and i left there house at like 3 in the morning and i was driving down this road in BFE and i was speeding, not much but i was trying to get home, and a car flew by me the opposite direction, and i looked in my rearview mirror cause i just got this weird feeling that it was a cop. sure enough i see him hit the brakes, pull a U and come after me, so i decided to just pull off the road and shut the car off when he was still like a half mile down the road lol. so.... im sitting there waiting for him to finally get here and let me remind u im already pulled over with the car off and pulls in behind me puts his lights on and shines 10 million candle light power spot light into my back window, we were the only ones on the road, i think that was a little uneseccary. but anyways, he comes up to the window and said he got me doing 67 in a 55, then asks me where im coming from and where im going, and i told him about the superbowl party and that i was trying to get home cause i had school in the morning. so instead of asking for me ID and registration he asks me who i was rooting for in the game(weird), and i told him carolina, and hes like, "well, i would usually right u a ticket but seeing that you were rooting for the panthers and it just so happens to be my favorite team, im gonna give u a warning". i looked at him like are u screwing with me? but he said have a nice day and let me go. i was like HELL YEAH! GO PANTHERS! so not all cops are dicks but yes a large % of them are.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls1charged
i had a similar situation. i dont remember what year, it was like 4 years ago, but i was at some friends house who were having a SuperBowl party (Panthers vs. Patriots i beleive) and i left there house at like 3 in the morning and i was driving down this road in BFE and i was speeding, not much but i was trying to get home, and a car flew by me the opposite direction, and i looked in my rearview mirror cause i just got this weird feeling that it was a cop. sure enough i see him hit the brakes, pull a U and come after me, so i decided to just pull off the road and shut the car off when he was still like a half mile down the road lol. so.... im sitting there waiting for him to finally get here and let me remind u im already pulled over with the car off and pulls in behind me puts his lights on and shines 10 million candle light power spot light into my back window, we were the only ones on the road, i think that was a little uneseccary. but anyways, he comes up to the window and said he got me doing 67 in a 55, then asks me where im coming from and where im going, and i told him about the superbowl party and that i was trying to get home cause i had school in the morning. so instead of asking for me ID and registration he asks me who i was rooting for in the game(weird), and i told him carolina, and hes like, "well, i would usually right u a ticket but seeing that you were rooting for the panthers and it just so happens to be my favorite team, im gonna give u a warning". i looked at him like are u screwing with me? but he said have a nice day and let me go. i was like HELL YEAH! GO PANTHERS! so not all cops are dicks but yes a large % of them are.
Good thing you said the panthers. Can't blame the guy though, I hate the patriots.

Where I live, 99% of police officers are either:

1) On a power trip riding it out
2) On a power trip REALLY riding it out
3) Got picked on in high school and now feel it's their turn to do the picking.
4) Or just jerks in general

Then there are the few that are actually doing what they do to help people and make an honest living. I appreciate these guys so much, it's just the other ones I am not so fond of. A lot of my family were involved in the police department for years and still are, so I've seen my share of hypocrits and ********. But I know they are not all like this....just the majority. Then again too, it may just be where I live.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you're lucky he didnt just pull you back over and ticket you
a friend had an under cover in a z rev at him to start a race then immediatly pulled him over
BS
Old 05-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Come to Michigan boys. The cops will come out and drag race you at the track.

Last edited by 85DropTopTA; 05-23-2007 at 12:59 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-23-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the kind of radar that got me while I was leaving a reservation in Arizona. I couldn't believe he clocked me while going the other direction.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

ALL cops are ******* *** holes plain and simple the only nice cop i have met is the state trooper that pulled me over in the s-10 one night that had a stuter ..maybe im cold hearted but i enjoy watching the videos on t.v. of the semi-drivers trying to take out the cop that has someone pulled over ...a little extream i know
Old 05-23-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow thats harsh man
maybe a lil over kill
I dont like cops but thats cause I like to break the law
cops are like military they do a shitty job that no one else wants to do so you can feel safe.You also have to remember that there are alot of people who drive cars like ours who sports cars who drive like total **** brains and unfortunetly sometime they have to profile.
Although in your defence IPD and Indy State cops do suck *****(i'm from Greenfield)
Old 05-23-2007, 03:34 PM
formerly 2000blackcamaross (6-25-2013)

I don't mind cops that much. I have never had an officer invite me to check out the new equipment in his car, but I have had them help me out in times the could have f**ked me. Here is a few examples:

ONE
I was 18 and it was Thanksgiving day. My girlfriend and I left late for her family's thanksgiving diner. I get on interstate 70 and punch it. (I was driving my 1989 Ford Mustang LX) I didn't even take it off the floor till I saw the sheriff coming towards me on the other side of the median. I let off and level it off at 80MPH. He slams on his brakes and slides through the grass median and pulls in behind me. He flips on his lights but no siren. I pull over and he comes up to the window. The first thing he says to me is "trying to blow the cobwebs out of her?" I just smile and say "Yeah, I guess". He gets my license and stuff, then goes to his car. When he comes back he has a ticket waiting for me. He also has a little notebook with 140 on it. He says "I got you doing this, but I am putting it down as 90. That way I don't impound your car and take you to jail." I thanked him, he gave me the ticket and I drove off.

TWO
I was out on the town looking for a race or two in my 1997 Mustang GT 5 speed. I found this 1998 TA auto that wanted to play. I knew before we even lined up at the light that I would lose but I just wanted to see how bad these LS1's really were. So we get up to the light get the RPM's up and go on green. We stay even through first and when I shift to second the TA pulls 1 to a 1 1/2 on me and my friend that is riding with me says "cops!!" So I let off of it and pull in to the next parking lot. I didn't know the cops were setting in that lot! They box me in and ask me to get out of the car. I do and they ask me what the hell I was thinking. Then they write me a warning and tell me they don't want to see me or my car out there again. I get in the car and drive home. (two weeks later i sold the mustang and started looking for a LS1 M6)

After all the **** I do and have done and haven't really payed for it...I owe the cops.

Thanks cops for doing all that you do. There like our solders only they get to go home every night...hopefully.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98TA Bandit
WOW most carbondale cops are dicks, thats cool though nice ta by the way
Thank you. I just got some different wheels so you won't be seeing silver with black wheels around these parts anymore.

It was actually north of Marion by West Frankfort and he was a sheriff for whatever county that is? I've found most Carbondale cops are really cool and more than likely drunker than anyone they pull over . As long as you're not doing donuts in the intersection they have bigger fish to fry.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TORK?
Thank you. I just got some different wheels so you won't be seeing silver with black wheels around these parts anymore.

I've found most Carbondale cops are really cool and more than likely drunker than anyone they pull over . As long as you're not doing donuts in the intersection they have bigger fish to fry.
**** man i'm packing and on my way
Old 05-23-2007, 04:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by staringback05
make that 2% im not such a bad guy
Make it 3%, **** on the weekends I'll have lunch with my partner and watch some street racing!! even make some bets on who wins!!
You dont need to go to Michigan!! Just Chicago!!
As for the guy who kept getting Pulled over in his Rustang LX, That's why you got pulled over! You were in a Ford, and we have to drive those piece of **** crown vics, and we take it out on the ford lovers
If there is one thing me and my crew hate is a supercop who got tough after he got the badge!! I say if you weren't tough before dont come over here acting like one cause thats what ur doing ACTING. Dumbasses like that cause more problems than solve them.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by litle8
Make it 3%, **** on the weekends I'll have lunch with my partner and watch some street racing!! even make some bets on who wins!!
You dont need to go to Michigan!! Just Chicago!!
As for the guy who kept getting Pulled over in his Rustang LX, That's why you got pulled over! You were in a Ford, and we have to drive those piece of **** crown vics, and we take it out on the ford lovers
If there is one thing me and my crew hate is a supercop who got tough after he got the badge!! I say if you weren't tough before dont come over here acting like one cause thats what ur doing ACTING. Dumbasses like that cause more problems than solve them.
sounds like you're one of the exceptions to the rule.
No Check Point Charley for you huh
Old 05-23-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99HorseSlayer
wow thats harsh man
maybe a lil over kill
I dont like cops but thats cause I like to break the law
cops are like military they do a shitty job that no one else wants to do so you can feel safe.You also have to remember that there are alot of people who drive cars like ours who sports cars who drive like total **** brains and unfortunetly sometime they have to profile.
Although in your defence IPD and Indy State cops do suck *****(i'm from Greenfield)
Idiot, thats all i have to say...