General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I shed a tear today...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 12:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalgorn
On my way back to work from lunch, I watched a beautiful 35th Anniversary SS roll into an automated car wash.
You shed a tear?

I put a smile ear to ear. Just makes my car worth that much more.

I support the use of automated car washes, on everyone's car but mine
Old 06-10-2007, 02:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 560SL
Gotta love all those Ferraris parked at Wal-Mart. After all, Wal-Mart is the new Gucci...
yeah what the hell are you even doing on here anyways with that goofy *** Mercedes diesel. this is a site for LSx owners, and some mustangs who actually understand the way of life in muscle.please quit talking obviously no one cares to what you have to say
Old 06-10-2007, 02:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
yeah what the hell are you even doing on here anyways with that goofy *** Mercedes diesel. this is a site for LSx owners, and some mustangs who actually understand the way of life in muscle.please quit talking obviously no one cares to what you have to say
Wow, you're truly clueless. My 560SL roadster (one of my cars) is far from a "goofy *** diesel." For starters, they're a two seat roadster, genius...

You're "living the way of life in muscle?" Is that what you and your trailer park buddies like to say? ******* awesome, man...
Old 06-10-2007, 02:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
very few cars depreciate in value as fast as a mustang.
Tell that to the '05 Mustang guys that can get almost window sticker for their 3 (model year) old cars. You could also bring it up to the '03-'04 Cobra owners that bought their cars new for $29k and can still sell them for close to that...possibly over that amount if the miles are low and the car is stock.

Ahhh ignorance...

EDIT: Blue's_Z28, that's pretty cool that you owned a Mercedes shop. How often did you have to work on my particular model?
Old 06-10-2007, 03:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, didn't own, I managed. R107's were in and out all the time from 280SLC's to 560SL's. They were no stranger to our shop! Especially the single-roller 380SL's. If you check out my thread in the Appearance forum about replacing my stock grill with an SLP grill you'll see the shop that I managed. It doesn't look like much but it is owned by a great guy and I do sometimes wish I still worked there.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:16 AM
TECH Addict

Wow, you're truly clueless. My 560SL roadster (one of my cars) is far from a "goofy *** diesel." For starters, they're a two seat roadster, genius...

You're "living the way of life in muscle?" Is that what you and your trailer park buddies like to say? ******* awesome, man...

No ****? a 2 seater?? SWEET... and trailer park? lol i dont think you realise quite where i live, FL KEYS. I believe my house is a little over 1.3 M. So basicly i can buy your house, your "roadster 2 seater" and whatever else you own. Personally i have never bragged about the price of my house, but to you i will any time, and even if i was to live in a trailer which is actually scarce here it would still cost you over 300,000..... and did you say "one of my cars"? wow, impressive so you have more then one? congrats on that man im glad you inherited the family car and were still able to buy another, ******* AWESOME, man just incredible
Old 06-10-2007, 04:18 AM
TECH Addict

oh BTW 560SL, i believe Blue said you're type of Mercedes was in and out of the shop all the time. Thats good to know, 560SLs F-T-W!!!!
Old 06-10-2007, 04:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That's because SL's are very common to this area. Not because of constant break downs, on the contrary, routine maintenance mostly. And I was referring to all R/C107 chassis' not just the 560.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts

No ****? a 2 seater?? SWEET... and trailer park? lol i dont think you realise quite where i live, FL KEYS. I believe my house is a little over 1.3 M. So basicly i can buy your house, your "roadster 2 seater" and whatever else you own. Personally i have never bragged about the price of my house, but to you i will any time, and even if i was to live in a trailer which is actually scarce here it would still cost you over 300,000..... and did you say "one of my cars"? wow, impressive so you have more then one? congrats on that man im glad you inherited the family car and were still able to buy another, ******* AWESOME, man just incredible
Damn..hostility..

Instead of trashing the other guy, why don't you take the time to learn about what he has and expand your knowledge. I know a guy with a modded SLK500 that will easily toast your car..
Me and Black Mamba might of been nippin at each other.. but I don't take it to a personal level..no need to go there at all. I have friends that own everything, we give each other **** all the time, but we know where the respect is and the each one of us knows alot about what we own.
You brag about money..come down here and buy the Fire Station I work at..****, buy the whole Base while you are at it big spender..
Last person that I seen bragging about carring big money on them got mugged in an Alley in Little Rock..not wise to brag about **** like that.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

hmmm someone please tell me why that every time im at a stop light, gas station, getting ice cream, or just standing next to it that my 02 WS6 gets a look or a "damn thats a nice car" if its a worthless piece of ****. im an attention ***** and i def get it from w/ my sorry excuse for an fbody .
Old 06-10-2007, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

1meantransam...shut up...anyone who posts 1000 times in 4 months must really have nothing more to do in life, especially if they live in the keys. The only people who have business posting like that are mods and admins, or sponsers like Sam Strano who actually give ideas of possible solutions. Every thread I read you seem to give your two cents...no one gives a damn. BTW, way to stick your foot in your mouth with your last 560 comment about them being in the shop all the time

Edit: Just to add to the SL slams you've been dishing out. I'd take one any day over an F-body. The 500s, 550s and 600s are absolutely amazing cars. The amgs are faster than the fbodys and ride smoother than most other luxury cars. They don't have problems that often at all. The family's SL has been in the shop for regular tune ups, thats it. My fbody's...rear pinion seals leaking fat 15k, power window motors at 20 thousand miles, knock sensors, cats going bad at 50k...bent shift fork, oh and lets not forget those wonderful headlight motors. I don't mind it being in the shop but don't go out blindly knocking everyone elses cars because they're not the almighty LSx. This site is for people to learn. There are some "rice cake" guys here, but they just want to learn and be knowledgeable so that when they start talking ****, they don't have to eat their foot like you.

Last edited by Swang; 06-10-2007 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:34 AM
11 Second Club

I dont know jack about a 560sl but the AMGs are definately pimp.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by the_merv
Damn..hostility..

Instead of trashing the other guy, why don't you take the time to learn about what he has and expand your knowledge. I know a guy with a modded SLK500 that will easily toast your car..
Me and Black Mamba might of been nippin at each other.. but I don't take it to a personal level..no need to go there at all. I have friends that own everything, we give each other **** all the time, but we know where the respect is and the each one of us knows alot about what we own.
You brag about money..come down here and buy the Fire Station I work at..****, buy the whole Base while you are at it big spender..
Last person that I seen bragging about carring big money on them got mugged in an Alley in Little Rock..not wise to brag about **** like that.
wow now i have to get on your ***? maybe when the smoke clears from your eyes you will see how he has been trashing me, not the other way around. go to my other thread that started off with Should i stay bird or go with a vette? and see the **** he said, quit sticking up for him poon and read a little bit befor you go telling people off. im not bragging about money untell he called me ******* trailer park and im far from it. grow some *****
Old 06-10-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Addict

all of you need to read up a little befor, it didnt start in this thread it started in my other thread where i asked if i should stay with my car or get a vette and his first reply is trashing everyone who wrote something in that thread and your going to tell me shut up about him? whos blowing who here?. im done in this thread im done with no brainer "no it alls" like you. oh and yes i do have a life but i sit in a police cruiser for hours on end with a laptop with nothing to but pull people over.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wow now i have to get on your ***? maybe when the smoke clears from your eyes you will see how he has been trashing me, not the other way around. go to my other thread that started off with Should i stay bird or go with a vette? and see the **** he said, quit sticking up for him poon and read a little bit befor you go telling people off. im not bragging about money untell he called me ******* trailer park and im far from it. grow some *****
LOL. You asked my opinion, and you got it. I'm not the person that started a thread online to see which car I wanted, but already had my mind made up.

You are a jackass, to put it lightly. I can't believe with all that you have learned in the past 2days, that you still make worthless posts trying to make insults to me, other cars, and other members. Every time you post, you make yourself look more ignorant. The only big problem is, 80% of the time, your information is bogus, and then other members have to school you. Grow up.

Oh yeah, did I also mention I was a member 11months before you.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Addict

11 months? woh!. Congrats on that, look im done here ill keep reading but im done posting you all are way to hard headed to understand where im coming from and why ive said what i said, mamba i got nothing against you anyways your just moving with the crowd, but 560 was a complete dick in my first thread and im sure if the rest of you read it you could understand that also. you all have a good debate and have a nice day, take it easy
Old 06-10-2007, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

ah the high road, a road not seen on these arguments in a while, or was it something else hmmm?
Old 06-10-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

On a side note i (finally) washed my car today, and out of spite just so i could post it in this thread took it through a car wash.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Resident

Tell that to the '05 Mustang guys that can get almost window sticker for their 3 (model year) old cars. You could also bring it up to the '03-'04 Cobra owners that bought their cars new for $29k and can still sell them for close to that...possibly over that amount if the miles are low and the car is stock.

Ahhh ignorance...

EDIT: Blue's_Z28, that's pretty cool that you owned a Mercedes shop. How often did you have to work on my particular model?
www.kbb.com/
go see how fast mustangs depreciate.

it doesn't matter that some dumbass somewhere will pay near sticker for an '05 mustang (and btw, you made that up because that's totally not true at all). mustangs fall in value VERY FAST. they are one of the fastest depreciating "sports cars" on the road.

ahhh, ignorance....

you're obviously just a mustang fanboy that isn't aware of reality. NICHE MARKETS DO NOT MATTER. MUSTANGS DEPRECIATE FAST. we are talking about FACE VALUE, not a handful of desperate guys looking for a specific car that'll pay out the *** for one.

here is the private party value of a ford mustang GT with all standard options, assumed mileage of 35,000 miles. i also assumed it was an M5.

Excellent: $21,010

Good condition:$19,770

Fair condition: $18,125

since these cars are 3 years old, it's far to say they will encounter a few nicks and dings in the paint. most mustangs will be in "good condition." this means the value of the car sold by a private party is roughly $19,770. mustangs were selling for $30,000 off the lot in 2005. this means the car has fallen in value about $10,000.

now, the retail price for the same 2005 mustang GT in EXCELLENT CONDITION (hard to find for a daily driven, 3 year old car) is $23,335. factor in that they were selling for $30,000 off dealership lots and you still have a depreciation of nearly $7,000.

i wouldn't consider that too good.

FWIW, my car has only fallen about $10,000 in value, and it's the base V8 model with over 40,000 miles - and it's 7 years old. face it: fords depreciate fast because of their shitty track record with quality. not to mention every other car on the road is a mustang falling apart...

Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 06-10-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:26 PM
Launching!

For one thing, they weren't "over $30,000" like you say. Most of them were in the $25-27k range. Also, who actually sells their cars by private party value? Get real man. I stood at a dealer auction two weeks ago and watched over 10 '05+ Mustangs roll through (everything from base V6s to leaded GTs) and bring full retail book. These cars are retaining value VERY well. You still didn't bring up '03 Cobra prices. I see them selling for $26k+ for 30k mile cars. If you have a low mile, stock example, you can get over what guys paid for them brand new 4 years ago.

What's with calling me a Mustang fanboy? I enjoy cars for cars. It doesn't matter what kind. My buddy has a badass Procharged LS1 SS and that thing is awesome. I love LS1s, just like I love Mustangs and everything else with 4 wheels. As long as it looks good, goes fast, turns well, or does all three, it's alright in my book!

Quick Reply: I shed a tear today...