General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Help Camaro Flooded

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 03:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Camaro Flooded

Hit a huge puddle and it died out now I think there is water in the motor. when I pushed it out of the puddle it dropped a crapload of motoroil is my motor completely gone or can it still be repaired? everytime I try to start it I can only hear the starter spining but I don't think the motor is turning over. what do I do?
Old 07-04-2007, 04:01 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Call your insurance company, its gone.

Plus you should have never tried to start it with water in it.

Good luck,
Craig.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:49 AM
TECH Addict

I'm confused where the motor oil came from.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:07 AM
TECH Resident

I did the same thing a year ago, I had to have the motor replaced. Look in the oil filler neck. see if there's water in there. The oil will have a light brown color to it. When I tried to start it, I broke the starter off the motor, and all I could hear was the starter spinning. Here's the thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-maintenance-repairs/559960-i-m-incredibly-stupid-flooded-motor-w-water-pics.html
Old 07-04-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by waldershrek
I'm confused where the motor oil came from.
same here, i hope this never happens to me because we get huge puddles here all the time. never had a problem.. hopefully if you need a new engine insurance will cover it. let us know, if insurance covers it and doesnt rape you in additional insurance charges i may just hit a puddle myself
Old 07-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
let us know, if insurance covers it and doesnt rape you in additional insurance charges i may just hit a puddle myself

nice.....
Old 07-04-2007, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you sure you didn't drop down low enough in the puddle (if it was a pothole) and smack the oil pan? I can't imagine you did since it sounds like it was just a big puddle but it must have been crazy deep...

I have no idea where the oil came from.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:20 PM
TECH Resident

if you hydro locked it you might have pit a rod through the oil pan or the block, that could be where the oil came from. and you shouldnt have tried to start it with out at least taking the plugs out, good luck.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

well, i hit a puddle today.. and guess what, not the same thing as him but when i finally made it out of this 4-7 inch deep puddle/lake car didn't want to move, as i went it bogged and then would get power and go but not shift, thought maybe i popped one of my tranny lines.simple fix. but it wasn't i came to a stop and tryed going and i was getting a hell of banging under the car, thought maybe an axle or rear end problem then.. sat on side of road for good half hour or hour. checked my fluids and started car back up, no more banging or anything?? could it be i sucked it into intake and had a little problem there OR from my car being lowered and going under water COMPLETELY EXHAUST UNDER, that maybe Exhaust filled with water and possible backup a bit and banged my Y and rest of exhaust (Y already hangs less then inch from floorboard)
Old 07-04-2007, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

Check the side of the Block and see if there is any holes. Basically look for a spot with Oil around it. Sounds like you got a pretty decent problem..
Is it a LS1 Car..it sounds like it, they are notorius for that.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

any idea on what happend to mine? and also my tranny isn't shifting as hard either
Old 07-04-2007, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

well, i hit a puddle today.. and guess what, not the same thing as him but when i finally made it out of this 4-7 inch deep puddle/lake car didn't want to move, as i went it bogged and then would get power and go but not shift, thought maybe i popped one of my tranny lines.simple fix. but it wasn't i came to a stop and tryed going and i was getting a hell of banging under the car, thought maybe an axle or rear end problem then.. sat on side of road for good half hour or hour. checked my fluids and started car back up, no more banging or anything?? could it be i sucked it into intake and had a little problem there OR from my car being lowered and going under water COMPLETELY EXHAUST UNDER, that maybe Exhaust filled with water and possible backup a bit and banged my Y and rest of exhaust (Y already hangs less then inch from floorboard)
Dude come on, dont let the insurance company see you posting like this. You better delete that thread up there. I was thinking about puting it in my sig, that was classic . Man good luck with your new problem, you werent kidding when you said you were going to run it through a puddle, sounds like you went in Lake Ocachobie (spelling) down there in FL.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:04 PM
TECH Addict

lol, was not intentional i swear
Old 07-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Teching In

yeah my starter broke off the block too. insurance is going to repair it. I got a quote for an ls6 swap for about $4,000 so hopefully the insurance will give me enough money to pay for it.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

sweet dude, i found out all mine is is a couple 02 sensors fried..
Old 07-11-2007, 04:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if insurance covers it and doesnt rape you in additional insurance charges i may just hit a puddle myself
well, i hit a puddle today..
lol, was not intentional i swear
Wonder if I can get some off my insurance if I forward this to 1mean's provider...
Old 07-11-2007, 04:15 PM
12 Second Club

take out all the electronics and spark plugs and try to crank all of the watter out that way. let it sit for a while and then tray to crank it up in a few days. we did this successfully on a saturn a few years back and its been running happily for the past few years
Old 07-11-2007, 06:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sharpe
Wonder if I can get some off my insurance if I forward this to 1mean's provider...
don't even try lol
Old 07-11-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That sucks.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if it was me i'd get quotes and take the highest to the insurance company. Tell them that you will do it yourself for a little less then the highest quote. They'll give you the check and you do the install of whatever motor you want LS2 or LS6 would be a good choice