General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

2003 Cobra or 1998 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007 | 08:26 PM
Launching!

The Cobra do mods well and dli1314..I agree..hes the guy that I liek to smack aroud with my 4 popper stang..lol
Old 08-28-2007 | 08:34 PM
TECH Junkie

I would say: Cobra. It's something that is "rare" on the streets.
Old 08-28-2007 | 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its tough to beat a modded cobra, i think they look awesome, the interiors are sweet, and that blower whine is addactive, i say go cobra
Old 08-28-2007 | 09:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PWORLDSTANG

LMAO!

This is one of the STUPIDEST posts in forum history. I'm embarrassed for you. I really am.
lol if u dont like it go on a ford forum
Old 08-28-2007 | 10:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dli1314
the forum has no loyalty to a ford product, you are just an idiot. you blindly go with a GM product just because it's a GM product. so, your honest opinion is useless and ignorant. whenever someone mentions a ford you are the first to jump all over them and call it a piece of crap before you even know anything about it. give me a break and seriously get a life. the best races i had in my civic were against guys like you. the guy who wouldnt pull up to the light after he got raped by a 1.6L single cam turbo because they "don't deserve respect". why? just because it isn't the same car YOU decided to build? life doesnt work that way, whether you ever realize it or not.

the cobra is the better choice. the aerodynamics on a mustang are not as bad as this guy seems to think they are. a GMC typhoon is a brick(a very nice brick), the mustang is not a brick. the vette is definitely a badass car. if it was an 01+ FRC i would take the vette, but those cobras are awesome.
well said
Old 08-28-2007 | 11:03 PM
Banned

I love how the guys bashing me are all ford guys. Read your address bar, youre on the wrong site. I dont like fords plain and simple and this is a site where the majority of members dont like them either. I dont know why the hell a guy with a mustang decides to become an active member on a GM specific forum and then defend his product to the death. You dont see me hangin on the mustang forums, and if I do I sit back and keep my mouth shut cus I know that noone cares about my GM loyalty on a Ford website but all I see here is more and more butthurt mustang owners every ******* day getting upset when someone puts their cars down. or put an LS1 under your hood.
Old 08-28-2007 | 11:20 PM
PSR
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by nrmustang
Your right, he wasn't in California. Sold it on Ebay he's in Tennessee....thanks.

ponygt65 has it right, especially if you have a GOOD tuner.

A tuner can only do so much. but 600hp on a cobra is not hard on pump fuel in a 03-04 cobra. its not a big deal
Old 08-28-2007 | 11:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by capn smokey
I love how the guys bashing me are all ford guys. Read your address bar, youre on the wrong site. I dont like fords plain and simple and this is a site where the majority of members dont like them either. I dont know why the hell a guy with a mustang decides to become an active member on a GM specific forum and then defend his product to the death. You dont see me hangin on the mustang forums, and if I do I sit back and keep my mouth shut cus I know that noone cares about my GM loyalty on a Ford website but all I see here is more and more butthurt mustang owners every ******* day getting upset when someone puts their cars down. or put an LS1 under your hood.
The sad part is..you dont' even realize what you are posting, and why people are irritated with you. and the pathetic part is, you actually believe the only members that have issues with you are the FMC guys.....WRONG!.

it's ok....we were all immature and blind at one point...you'll grow up....ERRR, I mean, grow out of that stage.

And in all honesty.....I think you have a kicka$$ 3rd gen. It's just your attitude that is....less than....well, you know.
Old 08-29-2007 | 12:31 AM
11 Second Club

Dunno... this IS ls1tech.com....

Although everyone here seems to have a general appreciation for things that go fast.

Just for the record, the c5 z06 is or is not faster than a cobra? Lots of conflicting bullshit from fanboys on both sides. Not talking road courses here... because generally, the cars aren't going to be used in that respect.
Old 08-29-2007 | 12:31 AM
Teching In

i wouldnt have to defend the mustang if you stopped making completely unbased statements about them. notice you are the only one i'm arguing with about mustangs? Ummm....and if the majority of members didnt like fords....then why are 90% of the replies in this thread telling him to go with the cobra? YOU WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT IT IN YOUR PREVIOUS POST!! holy crap man pay attention.

and by the way, you are welcome to come on the mustang forums to defend GM products, i dont see many people bashing on LSX powered cars there, most of them, like me, are CAR enthusiasts and give respect where it is due.

by the way...i'm not "butthurt" as you might say, i just feel the need to correct your false, biased, unbased statements since you have no idea what you are talking about.

I have every right to be on this site that you do. I love LSX powered vehicles, so i can be here. does it say anywhere that you have to have an LS1 to be here? no. didn't think so. I'm just a realistic CAR enthusiast vs. you, the guy who hates fords for no real reason.
Old 08-29-2007 | 12:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Gaunt
Dunno... this IS ls1tech.com....

Although everyone here seems to have a general appreciation for things that go fast.

Just for the record, the c5 z06 is or is not faster than a cobra. Not talking road courses here... because generally, the cars aren't going to be used in that respect.
that's why i said i'd take a C5 z06 over the cobra, but he's talking about a 98 vette.
Old 08-29-2007 | 12:33 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dli1314
that's why i said i'd take a C5 z06 over the cobra, but he's talking about a 98 vette.

oh yeah then **** it, cobra all the way
Old 08-29-2007 | 12:41 AM
Teching In

bro, the origional ? was which did we think the guy should go with the 03 cobra or 98 vette. all people on here are doing is answering his ? with there honest opinion, its not always a ford vs. chevy thing man and you are a complete focking tool if u are that into the whole brand thing. Have u ever rode in/ drove and 03 cobra? i have drove and 03 cobra and a 99 c5, so i knew from experience that it is cobra all the way. Yes i am registered on this site and i have a mustang, i am a car guy, i dont bash ls1's or lt1's or hell i dont even bash tpi's. And u call what ur doing GM loyalty? thats not what it is man. Every post u have is a rant on how fords are horrible and chevys are the superior in every way possible, you need to go get some cream for ur irritated itchy vagina and then end urself
Old 08-29-2007 | 01:26 AM
Teching In

Trust me, no one gets butt hurt about ****. The only thing I don't like is when people Ignorantly post up false information about cars, which is what you ALWAYS do when a Ford product is at discussion (especially Cobra's). Then we have to "defend our products to death" to prevent your ignorance from spreading to the next member who reads your post.

Speaking solely for myself, If you didn't have a bad habit of doing that, I could give two ***** about what you have to say about anything.
Old 08-29-2007 | 01:39 AM
TECH Addict

screw it dude just buy a honda civic and call it a day, you will be very happy you did.. speed kills so stay safe and buy a honda
Old 08-29-2007 | 01:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
screw it dude just buy a honda civic and call it a day, you will be very happy you did.. speed kills so stay safe and buy a honda
just don't buy this one if you want to stay safe by buying a honda

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2059713

friend of mine's dad owns it. i'll be sad to see it go, good times in that car.

it's still a honda...
Old 08-29-2007 | 02:09 AM
On The Tree

Cobra, but for the scratch you'd put up for a cobra you'd be right around C5 Z06 territory. Then I'd sport the Z hands down.
Old 08-29-2007 | 02:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rubber duck
Cobra, but for the scratch you'd put up for a cobra you'd be right around C5 Z06 territory. Then I'd sport the Z hands down.
he said earlier in the thread that where he lives the 98 vette is around the same price as the cobra, the C5 z06 is not an option.
Old 08-29-2007 | 07:47 AM
11 Second Club

Jesus lots of whiney kids here lol, dude I have owned pretty much every brand name muscle I can think of at one point or another in my life. In fact before my present car I was mostly into fords, nothing wrong with them at all. I had an 91 T-bird SC 5 speed and loved the car made over 450 rwhp with a built V6 and kenny bell 2.2 charger, sold that cause I wanted to get a newer car, and figured a 02-04 Stang GT with a Hellion kit added to it would be sweet. So I sold my bird went out the next day and drove 18 cars 14 of them were 02-04 stang GTs some of them with light mods but they were, not to be rude, but downright "Crap"!! True I just came from a 450 hp car but come on they just didnt feel very strong at all. The other 2 cars 1 was an 03 cobra, felt great by the way had a pulley, exhaust, and intake. I loved that car but the price was kinda high for me and I like to start with something i know hasnt been hammered to badly. The other was a Mach1 liked this car too but still for a 32 valve DOHC V8 seemed to be lacking in the HP department as well. I also drove 2 other cars a black 02 auto TA and a white 01 M6 TA. Both were not only nice but besides the cobra would literally slaughter all the other cars I drove that day. I ended up going with the 02 and it was a great car! Got it back in Sep of this year, an made over 400 rwhp through an auto at 4500 ft above sea level with a very mild 224 cam and LS6 heads and they only cost little over a grand. With the addition of 75 shot of giggle gas I was running 12 flat, then added a D1SC made 632 rwhp on stock bottom end. Was totally safe and then wanted that magic 650 # added timing and blew the #7 piston. Went to a 408 with the D1 made over 700, then changed to an F1 made even more then even went to a GTS80 turbo system and was making sick power. But got hungry for an LS7 and so bought one with totally forged internals sold my other stuff and stuffed it in the TA ran good made over 500 rwhp na and I was happy for a week haha, then got the itch for a 6 speed. After thinking about doing the swap a situation presented itself and I found a roller 99 camaro Z original hugger orange with white racing stripes. Was a 6 speed car had no trans or engine so for a VERY good price I bought it last thurs, ripped the 427 out of the TA bought a new G-force 6 speed, Textralia clutch, corsa exhaust, and 4.10 gears and auburn pro posi, with moser axles and put it all in the car. Drove it for the first time yesterday and it was amazing feeling car feels so nice. If i didnt know better I would have thought it was a different motor as well.

What the hell is my point you ask haha well you need to ask yourself a few ?s staying stock or upgrading??? Look what i went throught to find the combo i liked all said an done love NA with some juice. But The cobra has a very nicely built motor from the factory. One thing i constantly bitch about the C6 Z06 is that I love the car, love the motor, I mean they got titanium rods but GM cant put in some decent forged pistons as well??? Fords been forging their motors for years. What car catchs your eye me personally I like the fact that I can roll down a 50 mile stretch and you will NOT see another camaro or TA and i live in a good sized city, but i GUARENTEE I will see more than 10-20 stangs. Maybe not cobras but again unless you are a car nut you wont know a cobra from the little white V6 with a flower lay around the rearview and teddy bear rims. I have people all over comment on how nice my new car is and when I had the TA how sweet it was as well. Nothing wrong with a cobra but I do agree on going out and test driving all options before you decide.

But if those are your only 2 options then get the cobra not only because of the power it can produce but its alot newer and will hold its value. If you want a vette then at least go 00 or newer I know for a fact you could pick one up even a Z06 for the price you will pay for the cobra.
Old 08-29-2007 | 08:55 AM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

Damn...... why all the Ford bashing? It's a domestic, just like GM. In a world of rice, we domestic lovers all need to stick together, IMO. Yes, I am a GM loyalist when it comes to the cars that I intend to personally buy, but I would never bash a Ford just because it's not a GM product. I stick with GM for a varity of reasons, mostly because I am extremely familar with their products and I truely like what they have to offer. But if GM were gone today, I'd look to the Ford camp for my next car.

Cobra = cool car.

Vette = cool car.

Either way you go, you've got something cool.