General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

turbo or whipple

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007 | 05:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

First of all, fieroz54 your an a$$ hole!!! I'll destroy your piece of crap fiero when my car is out. You called me a punk a$$ kid because your mad at me for not doing the whipple with my own hands?? Okay!!! That makes sense!!! That makes me a punk a$$?? You are making yourself look like an idiot. So let me get this straight. Your mad at me because I have acquired money to pay someone to install a whipple on my trans am?!! I am a full time college student and I work part time. Between college and work, I dont have the time to do all that work myself. I'm glad that you have enough "jack off" time to be working on your car. When i get my car done, I will have something that almost no one has!! So please stop calling me names just because your mad at me sir. You are clearly the immature one.

And btw, it's not like I have never worked on my own car and that I know nothing. I installed my intake manifold by myself, swapped out my own tranny, as well as a lot of other things. I do not have the tools, knowledge, resources or time to do the whipple myself, so psr is gonna do mine.

Last edited by night ghost; 08-30-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-30-2007 | 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^ Dude if you take a little more time on you grammar, and try to come across more professionally, then people won't break your ***** so much.

To me he doesn't seem like a punk 17 year old, he has made a few points and hasn't been overtly aggressive to anyone. He may or may not have the $$$ he says, but ****, this is the internet and a good 70% of people are full of **** (myself excluded of course )
If it was me in this arguement when I was 17 I would be banned by now for threatening injure multiple people. I mean cut the kid some slack he has been thro some **** and seems to be trying to learn, albeit hardheadedly.
Old 08-30-2007 | 06:07 PM
Banned

I'm not mad at all, I'm perfectly fine with what I have, what I've done, and what I am doing. I just disrespect you for using your inheritance to pay someone else to build your car for you because you aren't capable of doing it yourself. But even worse is that you talk as if you are (What little I can comprehend because your ability to type a complete and grammatically correct sentence is about as bad as my ability to cook, and trust me, I can't cook for ****). And you won't ever destroy my Fiero in the categories I listed. Straight line? Maybe, but you'd better run single digits. You don't stand a chance in the others though.

You don't have the tools or resources? How f*cking stupid are you? You have 37 grand! What can't you buy that you could possibly need to do more to your car than anyone has ever done to an F-body before? You don't have the resources? Well get them.

As for the time I have, I am also a full time college student, and I work full time.

Wow, you installed an intake manifold? Damn, that must have taken like, 15 minutes. I think you should work for Boeing.
Old 08-30-2007 | 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok boys no hitting below the belt, no biting, no eye gouging and no bench racing. Ready? ... FIGHT!!

Old 08-30-2007 | 07:26 PM
PSR
9 Second Club

FieroZ34 relax already

thanks you
Old 08-30-2007 | 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FieroZ34
I'm not mad at all, I'm perfectly fine with what I have, what I've done, and what I am doing. I just disrespect you for using your inheritance to pay someone else to build your car for you because you aren't capable of doing it yourself. But even worse is that you talk as if you are (What little I can comprehend because your ability to type a complete and grammatically correct sentence is about as bad as my ability to cook, and trust me, I can't cook for ****). And you won't ever destroy my Fiero in the categories I listed. Straight line? Maybe, but you'd better run single digits. You don't stand a chance in the others though.

You don't have the tools or resources? How f*cking stupid are you? You have 37 grand! What can't you buy that you could possibly need to do more to your car than anyone has ever done to an F-body before? You don't have the resources? Well get them.

As for the time I have, I am also a full time college student, and I work full time.

Wow, you installed an intake manifold? Damn, that must have taken like, 15 minutes. I think you should work for Boeing.
fiero, ur an 1diot. what the hell is ur problem??? y the hell u postin in my thread if u dont like me!!! ur a moron. Ur the one suggesting to use an electric supercharger!!! ur the 1diot!!!!
Old 08-30-2007 | 07:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

gosh why don't u just calm down and if ur not interested in my thoughts just dont reply anymore cause all your doing is talking crap ok? you are such a immature guy just leave already damn!!!
you talk like u know me well u dont so get off my case u are just full of drama
Old 08-30-2007 | 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

im sorry mr fiero, but u sound like the biggest jerk in the world. U r inherently upset that night ghost is paying for someone to do his fabrication. Y r u so bothered by the fact that he is paying a very reputable shop to do something that has never been done? Why don't u just drop it already?? No one cares that ur fiero gets better gas mileage than night ghosts trans am. It must not be fast enough then, lol!!!
Old 08-30-2007 | 08:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by night ghost
fiero, ur an 1diot. what the hell is ur problem??? y the hell u postin in my thread if u dont like me!!! ur a moron. Ur the one suggesting to use an electric supercharger!!! ur the 1diot!!!!
Can you ague why not to use the electric supercharger? If not, then who is the idiot? Because I can argue why one should use the electric supercharger, so, let's go.

gosh why don't u just calm down and if ur not interested in my thoughts just dont reply anymore cause all your doing is talking crap ok? you are such a immature guy just leave already damn!!!
you talk like u know me well u dont so get off my case u are just full of drama
I'm the immature one? Oh, I though it was you wishing immediate painful death upon others. I need to learn how to read. Not like being good at reading will help, I think an illegal immigrant can write more coherent sentences.

Originally Posted by kbraklr
im sorry mr fiero, but u sound like the biggest jerk in the world. U r inherently upset that night ghost is paying for someone to do his fabrication. Y r u so bothered by the fact that he is paying a very reputable shop to do something that has never been done? Why don't u just drop it already?? No one cares that ur fiero gets better gas mileage than night ghosts trans am. It must not be fast enough then, lol!!!
I'm not upset that he is paying someone. But here he is talking like he knows all this ****, talking like he's the one doing the work, talking like he's something more than the ignorant ***** there solely to sign the check. And then all he can do is brag about putting an intake on. Woopty f*cking doo.

And I guess my Fiero isn't fast enough, because we all know the only thing that affects gas mileage is how fast a car is. That's why 10 second crotch rockets only get 5mpg. Oh wait, mine gets 60, and runs 10s. That's weird. Care to explain?
Old 08-30-2007 | 08:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

holy ******* crap now i have to open my mouth u are a ******* idiot and know less than a ******* pig
wow ur the one accusing me of putting on autozone parts well heres the news mister fiero u are telling me to put an ebay supercharger on my car
hahaha yah ******* right no one in their right mind would ******* do that but i guess u would huh? your just a ******* moron that has nothing better to do but go on a forum and act like someone who knows about cars

NEWS FLASH IDIOT

you dont know **** so go play in your grandmas car until you finally find out its not a camaro or trans am
you think u know so much but u are so retarded
and yes u are a jealous basterd that wishes you had the money to do what im doing
so do us all a favor and go to hell you know im not saying anything thats incorrect so the only thing that u can attack me on is my grammer

HAHAHA I LAUGH IN YOUR FACE AND YOUR UGLY *** PIECE OF **** CAR
Old 08-30-2007 | 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

"Oh wait, mine gets 60, and runs 10s. That's weird. Care to explain?"

HAHA YAH ******* RIGHT your car probably get 15mpg and runs god knows how slow. 60 where in the hell did u get that number from mister know it all piece of crap
Old 08-30-2007 | 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

"Oh wait, mine gets 60, and runs 10s. That's weird. Care to explain?"

HAHA YAH ******* RIGHT your car probably get 15mpg and runs god knows how slow. 60 where in the hell did u get that number from mister know it all piece of crap

he was talking about his bike...

reading comprehension > you

I think fiero's point is the fact that you inherited a lot of money. You are young and blowing most of that cash on something that will not net you anywhere near the same amount of moeny that your putting into it. The fact being, that if you were doign the work yourself, you would save a lot of cash and not be dumb for blowing it on a car.

I hope you do get this done, but the company doing it will never make money off of it because people won't want to cut up their cars to make it fit...specially when there are cheaper options that yield the same..if not better results.
Old 08-30-2007 | 09:14 PM
TECH Regular

im not gonna lie, you both are pretty annoying
Old 08-30-2007 | 09:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok but whipple is comming out with an application for lsx cars and my shop knows how to do it. but thanks for ur opinion anyways

yah sorry people for being annoying it that the fiero guy was getting on my nervs. im not usually like this. I apologize for all the cursing and what not i have said in these forums, ill try to calm down

sorry lol
Old 08-30-2007 | 09:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
he was talking about his bike...

reading comprehension > you

I think fiero's point is the fact that you inherited a lot of money. You are young and blowing most of that cash on something that will not net you anywhere near the same amount of moeny that your putting into it. The fact being, that if you were doign the work yourself, you would save a lot of cash and not be dumb for blowing it on a car.

I hope you do get this done, but the company doing it will never make money off of it because people won't want to cut up their cars to make it fit...specially when there are cheaper options that yield the same..if not better results.
oh ok my bad i realize he was talking about the bike now, but he was talking about the fiero first so im not sure why he is trying to compare bikes with a v8 car.

as for value of the car after the job. im really not concerned with that, as many people are. this car was a gift and i plan on keeping it as long as i could. once i finished the car project, i would not sell it for 100k. so do u get the point. im 17 go to college full time(graduated highschool at 16) and have a part time job. i dont have the money or resources to do that plus i wouldnt know how to anyways. for that reason i am bringing my car to a well known shop to do the work

i see nothing wrong with this
Old 08-30-2007 | 11:19 PM
PSR
9 Second Club

You know I never get involved in other peoples squabbles however this is getting old. Fiero you sound like you are jealous only because, this man has an inheritance and you do not. I don’t understand why you even care what he spends his money. Please note the Key word here is HIS. That is he opposite of yours. It would also seem that you are talking down to Mike because he doesn’t want work on his own car…. Big deal there is a lot of people whom don’t work on there cars now days. Hell If I had the money I wouldn’t work on them either. However, I don’t. Until then this is what I do for a living. It would also seem that you are envious of Mike, because he can afford to do what ever he likes. Dude this isn’t cool. We are here to help each other and all you want to do is bag on someone because he doesn’t have the same views as you do. Well I have news for you I don’t have the same views as you either does that make you better than I am … no it doesn’t. So back off!! I am the one who is building his car please by all means voice your concerns to me. I’m also the one building his Brothers cobra. Not that it is any concern of yours.
I’m glad that you have built your own car. That is something not everyone can do. You should be proud of that. That doesn’t give you the right to act like an *** nor does that change the facts here. You are talking like you are all knowing. I have news for you. You don’t know everything. So why are you acting that way? Here are some key reasons that he is having us build his car.
I have a reputable shop here in Phoenix. We specialize in custom fabrication. We are one of the largest Whipple dealers. We also work closely with Whipple on new products. With the level of this build and what he is wanting to do would be the same reason he is not trying to build it him self. He would be a Fool to try and that makes you an even bigger fool for judging him for it. Why on Earth would you ever want a beginner mechanic to try and build a car? Much less a high Hp car. Weird, it sounds like you like it when other people fail at something. That way you have something to laugh at or make fun of. Let me tell you a little secret…. I love it when Know it all’s such as your self come in to our shop. It gives me a chance first hand to see some of the hack jobs that other people do, when they think they know what they are doing. How would you like it if Mike did his own brakes and didn’t get them correct? Maybe he doesn’t know how. Then during the test driving his car the brakes fail and he crashed worse yet died. All because some guy in the internet was talking crap to him. Instead of having a professional who know what they are doing take care of it. Better yet what if he crashes in to your family and kills them? Would you have the same stance you have now? I think not…….Lets hope it doesn’t happen, but you never know it could. With that being said Mike hold your head up and just stop responding to this guys Foolishness, Be the bigger man and stop posting to him. He already looks bad by attacking you leave it at that. To everyone else have a nice night.

OMG name calling
how old are you again?

Sorry for the book guys
Old 08-30-2007 | 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PSR
You know I never get involved in other peoples squabbles however this is getting old. Fiero you sound like you are jealous only because, this man has an inheritance and you do not. I don’t understand why you even care what he spends his money. Please note the Key word here is HIS. That is he opposite of yours. It would also seem that you are talking down to Mike because he doesn’t want work on his own car…. Big deal there is a lot of people whom don’t work on there cars now days. Hell If I had the money I wouldn’t work on them either. However, I don’t. Until then this is what I do for a living. It would also seem that you are envious of Mike, because he can afford to do what ever he likes. Dude this isn’t cool. We are here to help each other and all you want to do is bag on someone because he doesn’t have the same views as you do. Well I have news for you I don’t have the same views as you either does that make you better than I am … no it doesn’t. So back off!! I am the one who is building his car please by all means voice your concerns to me. I’m also the one building his Brothers cobra. Not that it is any concern of yours.
I’m glad that you have built your own car. That is something not everyone can do. You should be proud of that. That doesn’t give you the right to act like an *** nor does that change the facts here. You are talking like you are all knowing. I have news for you. You don’t know everything. So why are you acting that way? Here are some key reasons that he is having us build his car.
I have a reputable shop here in Phoenix. We specialize in custom fabrication. We are one of the largest Whipple dealers. We also work closely with Whipple on new products. With the level of this build and what he is wanting to do would be the same reason he is not trying to build it him self. He would be a Fool to try and that makes you an even bigger fool for judging him for it. Why on Earth would you ever want a beginner mechanic to try and build a car? Much less a high Hp car. Weird, it sounds like you like it when other people fail at something. That way you have something to laugh at or make fun of. Let me tell you a little secret…. I love it when Know it all’s such as your self come in to our shop. It gives me a chance first hand to see some of the hack jobs that other people do, when they think they know what they are doing. How would you like it if Mike did his own brakes and didn’t get them correct? Maybe he doesn’t know how. Then during the test driving his car the brakes fail and he crashed worse yet died. All because some guy in the internet was talking crap to him. Instead of having a professional who know what they are doing take care of it. Better yet what if he crashes in to your family and kills them? Would you have the same stance you have now? I think not…….Lets hope it doesn’t happen, but you never know it could. With that being said Mike hold your head up and just stop responding to this guys Foolishness, Be the bigger man and stop posting to him. He already looks bad by attacking you leave it at that. To everyone else have a nice night.

OMG name calling how old are you again?

Sorry for the book guys
regardless of anything being said in this thread now, the kid came in and asked what he should do. Virtually every person in this thread has told him the LOGICAL options of what to do, just like he asked, and all he does is aruge that it isn't the right way to go. If he wants something one of a kind, cool, but don't ask our opinion then act like we're wrong. You can't argue that the whipple is in any way the logical way to go. And regardless of whether it is "possible" or not, it will NEVER be a viable option for anyone, and will NEVER be a mass marketed option. It's too involved in MAJOR fabrication etc on a car that isn't produced anymore, and that has too many other incredibly well built and easily installed sytems to make just as much power for less time and money. If you have the time and resources, do it. It will be INCREDIBLY unique and bad ***. It will not however be a feasible thing to do on multiple cars
Old 08-30-2007 | 11:43 PM
11 Second Club

Holy ****. I'm not here to bust your ***** at all man. I know what its like to be 18 in school and have a passion for cars. I can not believe you got your car as a gift very lucky guy. As for your inheritance money that you are planning on spending on your car, well you are very lucky once again. I honestly think it would be in your very best interest to step back from the plate a little bit and just be a sponge for awhile and soak up alot of information that this forum has to offer. Rather than to jump to such large conclusions and spend a whole lot of money on something that you could do more of a simpler method and yield the same if not greater results. As well as getting into ranting wars between other members, not a good idea if your new in town. A huge whipple on a Fbody would be pretty wicked but the money spent as well as cutting up your car and doing whatever it takes to get everything to fit to me just wouldn't be worth it. In all honesty you should probably take some of your cash and get a bullet proof rear end before you think about turbo or whipple which if your smart I'm sure you will. Once again if I was you I would focus on your car right now how it is. You have said in a previous post that you have replaced alot of suspension parts and misc. Why not take some of your money and build up your suspension to handle the power that you already have. Or in other posts you have listed that you have a stock engine. Think about taking some of that money and building a total forged bullet proof bottom end and a sweet flowing top end to hold up to whatever kind of power adder you decide to throw on your car besides the 150 shot you already have. Trust me I'm 18 and it took me awhile for me to realize that cars aren't everything. If I was you I would also consider putting that money into the bank and letting it collect interest until you ultimately make up your mind on what to do. Your young as well as me, but remember your Fbody isn't everything. It probably won't be your only car in life. I'm 18 and I've already had more than 10 vehicles including 3 Fbods and alot of other stuff. You could use your money to buy another vehicle of interest, or a daily (a whipple LS1 would not be my choice for a daily driver) maybe a type of collector car that you can double you money on someday. Just food for thought. You asked for opinions so there ya go. I included a couple different opinions but I hope one of them sticks out to you. As for where people are telling you not to pay people to do your work for you I can see where they are coming from. When you can stand back and say that you done all the work on your car yourself and someone acknowledges you for it or wants to learn from what you did to apply to their own car it makes everything worth while.

Whatever you do I wish you luck. May you make the right decision, and I am truly sorry for such a long post.

-Drew
Old 08-30-2007 | 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

PSR, I dig your style, dude
Old 08-31-2007 | 12:00 AM
Banned

holy ******* crap now i have to open my mouth u are a ******* idiot and know less than a ******* pig
wow ur the one accusing me of putting on autozone parts well heres the news mister fiero u are telling me to put an ebay supercharger on my car
hahaha yah ******* right no one in their right mind would ******* do that but i guess u would huh? your just a ******* moron that has nothing better to do but go on a forum and act like someone who knows about cars

NEWS FLASH IDIOT

you dont know **** so go play in your grandmas car until you finally find out its not a camaro or trans am
you think u know so much but u are so retarded
and yes u are a jealous basterd that wishes you had the money to do what im doing
so do us all a favor and go to hell you know im not saying anything thats incorrect so the only thing that u can attack me on is my grammer

HAHAHA I LAUGH IN YOUR FACE AND YOUR UGLY *** PIECE OF **** CAR
So you can't argue that an eBay supercharger doesn't work, so you just think since it came from eBay it must be a scam? Because I used one, and it made positive manifold pressure. Significant, material pressure on a reliable, accurate gauge. Argue that. And please don't use the present tense (Not like you know the difference), I no longer own one. Now I stick to a Garrett water cooled dual ball bearing turbocharger--The best turbocharger made, that exceeds 82% adiabatic efficiency from 6psi to 28psi, and from 4800rpm to 7200rpm on my setup. I challenge you to find one compressor to come within 10% of that AE over that wide of a range, and one that peaks within 5% of it. Let me make it easy, you can't.

It's not a Camaro or Trans Am, I already said that. But it will walk all over my Camaro. Go ahead, laugh in the face of my ugly piece of **** car. But I don't rely on my inheritance to pay for it. And I pay for my car, I don't have rely on someone giving it to me.

PSR, you need to read again, I'm not jealous in the least. Quite frankly if I had his car I'd sell it right off. Or pull every part off and redo it myself--My way. Then I'd talk ****. And it isn't just that he can't work on his own car, it's the fact that he talks like he can. It's fine to not know **** about your car, and to cut the check to someone who does. But he doesn't know **** about his car, but acts like he does, then proceeds to talk **** like he already has this all done. Then proceeds to act like he knows **** about my cars/bikes. I don't care what he can/can't afford. And for him to act superior because he inherited everything he owns is quite ignorant and cocky. He has no place to be either.

The level on the build is very minor. It isn't a hard build. The only problem is the cowl. But since he won't ever do any of this, we have no problems. And how does a beginner mechanic become a master mechanic? By doing it. I am fully competent in doing this all myself. Do you think I was born with that? No, I lived and I learned. He hasn't. But he talks like he has. And you don't have to worry about me coming into your shop anytime soon, there is nothing you can do that I cannot. And that's fine that he has you do his brakes. But then his cocky arrogant ignorant *** comes on LS1Tech bragging about how fast his car stops, how it has Viper brakes, and how much he spent, and blah blah blah, all the time failing to realize that he knows nothing of what he speaks, because the size of his brakes have no affect on how quickly his car stops. And yah, I'd have the same stance. That's after I sued his T/A and $37,000 inheritance right out from under him. Along with Mommy's house. And Mommy's car. And his *** would be in jail.

Yes Mike, hold your head up. You're the bigger man. You can talk **** on a car that was given to you, and about mods that aren't done to it, and about how much money you have. You're the man Mike. I wish I could be like you. I'm gonna stop for now, I have to go risk my life tomorrow to protect you and your family, so I can go home with my $45,000 a year and pay for my car. Someday you might know what that's like. Because the $250 I'll earn tomorrow means more to me than $37,000 given to me ever will.

Quick Reply: turbo or whipple