General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

LS1 SS Vs LS1 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 10:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you run him with slicks you will most likely blow your rear
(m6+cam+4.10+slicks)/stock 10 bolt=
Old 09-05-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CRAGER
......and I'm the jackass here???

Well since you wanted to start name calling I'll go ahead and give you a warning. We do not tolerate that crap here on LS1TECH.com.

And about 99.9999% of any questions you might have you can try the search button.

Thanks,
Craig.
LS1TECH.com Staff
two things

one may be able to search if the search button would work consistently

secondly dont get mad because he became offensive i would have responded to you in the same manner. this is why i dislike this site sometimes.....everyones so quick to flame....untwist your panties ****.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by theycallmealex89
and yes, my car should have a lot more than what its putting down. ive been told that numerous times. and its really shitty to hear it every time. and before i get chewed out again, i accidentally put a period in the middle of these. (a corvette intake. slp ls6 intake.) HOWEVER do not let that confuse anyone or mis lead anyone. i dont have both. its an slp ls6 intake. same thing is what i was told.

Yes, your car should indeed be putting more power to the wheels, but you must remember that heat kills power. i have a friend with a similiar set up heads, cams,fast intake manifold, 90mm tb, upgraded fuel rails, and edelbrock longtube headers. His car only made 348 rwhp on a dyno, so thats proof for you. wait till winter, when it is fairly cool outside and get a new dyno tune, if its bothering you too much. maybe you'll benifit from a fresh tune at a reputable place also. Just some options i thought i might tell you./
where are u located by the way?

thank you,
michael
Old 09-05-2007, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

im located near snellville georgia, grayson actually. the place that did the previous dyno tuning, and probably who i will stick with, is vengeance racing, was gmmg, i believe. they are pretty reputable, and ive heard good things all around about them, they also only use high quality parts and did not recomend my fast toys ram air that i put on. what i really need is a 160 degree thermostat... in fact ill probably go ahead and order that today.

and wholy **** i re-read what you said and he had a fast intake manifold and 90mm tb!?!? i dont feel so bad about my power deficiency now, lol. i need an ls6 manifold. does anyone know where i can get one for cheap? (since a manifold was mentioned)
Old 09-05-2007, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by streetassasin
if you run him with slicks you will most likely blow your rear
(m6+cam+4.10+slicks)/stock 10 bolt=

dude seriously that doesnt sound good. what do you mean by that!?! i sometimes feel like my rear end is just going to rip straight off my car... i dont like that. how much is a 12 bolt? and are you saying i should keep streets for the race?
Old 09-05-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

You should just invest in some good drag radials, and yes slicks will blow the hell out of your rear end. i just blew mine out, i can't even move my car but i will be getting a moser 12 bolt. they cost(whole package including everything neccessary) will cost around 2200. installation (if not doing yourself) is around the 1 k range.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by theycallmealex89
dude seriously that doesnt sound good. what do you mean by that!?! i sometimes feel like my rear end is just going to rip straight off my car... i dont like that. how much is a 12 bolt? and are you saying i should keep streets for the race?
it means the 10 bolt rear end is a piece of **** anywho for a moser 12 bolt its about 2g's....i cant tell you whether your going to blow the rear cuz some guys here have gotten lucky with running slicks on the 10 bolt others have blown it on street tires just be careful.....theres no dont in mind you wont beat him unless you cant drive.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

waoh is there a difference between drag radials and slicks? hmmm when i ask myself that i want to say yes that radials have some tread, but id like confirmation from someone who probably KNOWS the answer. and 2200 dollars could be used to get some afr's... but i guess with heads i WOULD blow my rear end... if i dont sell the car 12 bolt here i come.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

"theres no dont in mind you wont beat him unless you cant drive.:"
and that may or may not be more than one double negative so idk where you were going wit that lol... do you think i will win or do you think the vette will?
Old 09-05-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

slicks and drag radials are very different. slicks have a lot of a softer compound first of all. second slicks are not even street legal. third drag radials are alot easier on the differential even though i blew my crapy 10 bolt on bfg drag radials. drag radials work alot better on the street than they do on the track but will get the job done alot better.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:41 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Ok put it this way. You acted like a Troll when you have 2 posts asking if a all bolt-on cam'ed car can beat a C5. Thats like asking if in a gun fight i have a 12 gauge and you have a BB gun who will win. Just plain ******* stupid question.
And EVERY damn time you post you have 20 more mods to list.

And yes, if you really don't have a clue about this race you could have searched the Street Racing & Kill Stories section, but its clear you are too lazy.

Search button this search button that, cry me a ******* river already. You can just LOOK at the theads and dig up crap the old way.

How much is a 12-bolt? ...how about looking at the sponsors to the right --->

With every post this guy seems like a troll more and more. Read, thats all you have to do.

Peace,
Craig.