General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Knocking Sound By Passenger Rear

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickstock98t/a
how do we fix this, sir?
just turn the torque valve down a little
Old 09-26-2007, 12:42 PM
11 Second Club

I've got a strange buzz coming from the rear of my car that sounds exactly like the one i had in my GN a few years back that drove me nuts.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check to make sure your over the axle pipe isn't banging. I noticed on mine that the rubber hangar is a little worn and gives the pipe very little clearance. Sometimes it would bang a little. After adjusting it a bit, it's fine.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

So I called some mechanics in the area and they are telling me some of the same things you guys are. Like maybe the suspension etc is what they said. I'm no car guy yet, still a noob and learning. So I have no idea what to do. They want me to. BRing the car in for an inspection fee ranging from $20-40 at Pontiac and pep boys. PLs feel free to suggest something. Thanks so much
Old 10-02-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nickstock98t/a
So I called some mechanics in the area and they are telling me some of the same things you guys are. Like maybe the suspension etc is what they said. I'm no car guy yet, still a noob and learning. So I have no idea what to do. They want me to. BRing the car in for an inspection fee ranging from $20-40 at Pontiac and pep boys. PLs feel free to suggest something. Thanks so much
wait is your car a formula/trans am or just a trans am
Old 10-02-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

i hear the same noise on my car, but it wasn't always there, started up like a year or two ago.

i had my mechanic check out things like ball joints and stuff, he said he didn't see any problems. I just wanted to be sure that nothing was going to fall off that would cause a problem.

i just turn up my radio when i hear it now.

i also have that wining sound coming from the back of my car. at first i thought my ecutout was doing it... but not coming from there...