General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Stolen 02 ws6

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 11:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

snake hunter wrote: Nothing new to report yet........Already replaced the car with a NBM '02 ws6, less miles, but bone stock. Now I have to start over with the mods. Had good insurance, but they did not cover any mods, and I had some nice ones. Best advice I can give through this whole ordeal is have gap insurance, and invest in a good alarm, because obviously the factory security system is woefully inadequate. I am several grand in the hole at this point, but it's only money and the new ws6 is nice. I just hate having to do something twice. Wish I could get my hands around the neck of the thief who stole it. My wife is still sick about it.
Was a flatbed truck seen in any other cameras entering or leaving the parking lot? Did you actually see the video(s), or did the guards inspect the video and report back to you on the content? Could you find out who the previous owner was that might have the extra key or remote FOB? Also, as previously stated, I'd find out who was parked in your space right after your car was stolen.

Hope everything went ok w/ the surgeries.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you have Sprint or Nextel service you can track up to four family members (T/A's qualify!) if they have phone with them for 9.99 a month.Extra phones are getting cheaper and cheaper....maybe leave one in your car?
http://www.nextel.com/en/services/gp..._locator.shtml
Old 10-31-2007, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

That's a good idea.............I never thought of that. Vtirocz..........I just got to see a couple of stills from the video. Didn't notice a flatbed in the area but there could have been. The security rent-a-cops didn't really seem to care either. I guess you don't get much for minimum wage.

David, I may wait a couple of months to put headers and catback on the new one, so if it is after you finish school I'll give you a call. I still have your number. Good luck with this semester. You need to come down to the river soon......Darryl's house turned out real nice.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

Damn man sorry to hear about that. I lived in Destrehan, (where all the rich people live around here) near norco and they stole my ride right out in front of my apt complex. Had my VIN covered for 3 years, I pulled the 50amp ign fuse replaced it with a blown one, turned the wheels, set the alarm, and they still got it. Lots of mods. Found it a few weeks later in Avondale (West Bank) in a ditch stripped to nothing but the seats and console.

Fought the insurance for months, they accused me of stealing it. I called GM to find out if anyone ordered a key cut, and they apparently dont keep records of who requests keys. Fought them for weeks too. They say the dealship does, but only on paper, bullshit if you ask me. Cops where absolutely no help. Hell they called me 3 days after i already picked it up from the junk yard, and told me they just found my car and its at the junk yard. Just worthless. Then they wouldnt even come finger print it. I had to call in a favor to have a buddy of mine come print the car for me. Stolen cars around here is like jay walking to the cops.

I would love to take a blow torch and a pair of pliers to fkin thieves *** and pull a SMOKIN ACES!
Old 11-04-2007, 12:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SchultzLT1
and oh yeah, my Factory alarm is awesome...

Its the "Loctronics" one that you have to plug in the little chip under the dash before you start the car. Its wired to the ignition, fuel pump, and every panel on the car. It would take a GM dealer 4 hours to uninstall it. (What Chevy said).

I have no doubt that my car is pretty close to unstealable unless you could bipass those wires with incredible speed or if you have a lot of time.
I have that Loctronics thing, too. It's awesome to hear it makes the car very hard to steal.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

SchultzLT1 and Shackleford, the Locktronics won't help if they don't even need to start your car at all!Review the video in post 17.....Hell,the second vehicle stolen,the red jeep,they had that hooked and moving in what,3 seconds!!
Very scary stuff!
Old 11-23-2007, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sigforty
It does work. There was a kid about 6 months back who is going to LSU had his car taken one night out of a gated apartment complex. He had Lojack and they called him when the car was moved. They found the car 2 hours later on the Westbank in New Orleans. The ignition and a few things were messed up.
That sounds a lot like what happened to me. gated apartment complex, stolen about 6 months back. i don't go to LSU though, I'm military. LoJack helped me recover it in less than 5 hours in NO East. no glass borken, wiring under passenger dash ripped out. I had to start my car with a screwdriver for a month until I got a replacement column. Too bad I need another column now. Lol.