General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

next mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he could do nitrous.. but everyone has different standards. i wanted my set up the safest it could be so i spent well north of a grand. in the long run i think a cam is a great first "REAL" mod. you have the power all the time, and its a great place to start modding your motor.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
hed need $1,200
TSP cam package- $590
dyno tune- $500

thats if he could install everything himself. he is missing an oil pump and timming set. labor would probly be another 500-700.

my n2o set-up with the saftey stuff came in just under 700.
our sponsers have great deals.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for all the info guys.......
Old 10-22-2007, 11:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
he could do nitrous.. but everyone has different standards. i wanted my set up the safest it could be so i spent well north of a grand. in the long run i think a cam is a great first "REAL" mod. you have the power all the time, and its a great place to start modding your motor.
The power is on tap all the time with a cam, but so are the driveability issues. To get the power he wants from a cam he will sacrifice not only more money but also, less gas mileage, more temperamental, even less low end torque, plus a harder, more in depth install.

I think it comes down to how you drive and how often you ask your car for all she's got:

If you can't keep your foot out gas pedal, want a lot of power all the time and don't really care about gas mileage then i would do a cam.

If you can get by with decent bolt-on SI power most of the time with the occasional need for even more power, while retaining 100% of your driveability then you probably would be better of with nitrous.

just my .02

p.s. i want a cam someday too