General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

SS Camaro or 2001 Cobra?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sp00led Ya

SS Camaro:

Pros:
-Handles better? Or am I wrong?
LMFAO. IRS>10bolt...
Old 11-09-2007, 02:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Benjamin Russick
Thanks. I could also mention that the LS1 F-bodys' suspensions are set-up WAY conservative from the factory. Get a performance caster/camber/alignment from a shop that knows what it's doing and toss the DeCarbon shocks for some Koni/Bilstein/etc and you'll be shocked. Look around for some performance swaybars and springs. They can often be found on the "classifieds" board for cheap...
i again agree wholeheartedly.

konis + alignment + front sway + V710s = hello competitive setup for FS
Old 11-13-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Benjamin Russick
Nice looking cars ya got there! Do you attend any car functions in the Tidewater area? B
Thank you.
Not really as it is a little bit of a drive. I mainly hang out with the Richmond Performance Musclecars group.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Launching!

Default practicality

SS camaro = 6 speed and a few more mpg. plus the ability to realistically hit 160 on the top end
'01 Cobra = 5 speed and runnin out of gear (and power) around 145
Old 11-13-2007, 06:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 96autoformula
True, but an easy fix with just 4.10's and 4.30's in that and you have just fixed that problem.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 96autoformula
SS camaro = 6 speed and a few more mpg. plus the ability to realistically hit 160 on the top end
That is because the T3650 has MUCH better drag racing gears. The T56 is setup for top speed/MPG.

And anyone that looks at 145 or 160 top speed as a reason to buy a car........probably shouldn't be getting one.....cause they would be dumb enough to do that on a public street................unless of course they do it on a track.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say drive them both and see what you like. I did. I like all cars, I'm not into the American vs rice or Ford vs Chevy. I drove GT's but no Cobra's and to me that's just like driving a normal everyday car but it's faster than most . With the LS1's you just feel like you're in a bad *** race car. It's hard to explain until you drive one. Throw on some Koni's and some good tires and you'll never want to get out of thing. I love the t-tops as well.

The two thing's I do like better about the Cobra's are that snake emblem which is badass and the exhaust note. They sound better stock for stock but a cammed LS1 is unsurpassed.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Banned

well id rather have the camaro....seating position doesnt bother me because i can see over the dash without a booster seat and as far as the long car thing i guess you just need good depth perception
Old 11-15-2007, 04:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Spink
I'd say drive them both and see what you like. I did. I like all cars, I'm not into the American vs rice or Ford vs Chevy. I drove GT's but no Cobra's and to me that's just like driving a normal everyday car but it's faster than most . With the LS1's you just feel like you're in a bad *** race car. It's hard to explain until you drive one. Throw on some Koni's and some good tires and you'll never want to get out of thing. I love the t-tops as well.

The two thing's I do like better about the Cobra's are that snake emblem which is badass and the exhaust note. They sound better stock for stock but a cammed LS1 is unsurpassed.
I agree with driving both.........but I to compare a GT to an LS fbod?.....Cobra's are different man.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

camaro hands down...there is no feeling better than getting into you ls1 and driving it past all the hundreds of mustangs on the road. They are so damn common im so sick of them. Yeah their exhaust does sound good but slap a catback on a camaro and it sounds waaaay better. SS's will definitely grab more people's attention bc there arent many camaros on the out there nowadays. Plus a low mileage z is definentely in your 13k price range. Cobras are pretty expensive
Old 11-15-2007, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Summer
camaro hands down...there is no feeling better than getting into you ls1 and driving it past all the hundreds of mustangs on the road. They are so damn common im so sick of them. Yeah their exhaust does sound good but slap a catback on a camaro and it sounds waaaay better. SS's will definitely grab more people's attention bc there arent many camaros on the out there nowadays. Plus a low mileage z is definentely in your 13k price range. Cobras are pretty expensive
So, you would take a stang with a LS1 then?

Quick Reply: SS Camaro or 2001 Cobra?