General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

dyno tune and hp guesses?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 02:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice amount of torque there. Good numbers.

Sorry about my post earlier, wasn't trying to put your numbers down or anything. The 350hp stock number I came up with is what the Corvette LS1 rate its power at. Same engine rated at 325hp in a Ram air car. Both these numbers are power at the flywheel. So there is a lot of different numbers going around so I went with the highest.

I just thought 352rwhp was a bit high, it seems more like flywheel HP, but i could be wrong. Perhaps i need to do some serious tuning on mine, made 477hp at the flywheel but 390rwhp, so only about 38rwhp more than yours.

Nice graphs though, oodles or torque
Old 11-06-2007, 03:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedWS6 00
Nice amount of torque there. Good numbers.

Sorry about my post earlier, wasn't trying to put your numbers down or anything. The 350hp stock number I came up with is what the Corvette LS1 rate its power at. Same engine rated at 325hp in a Ram air car. Both these numbers are power at the flywheel. So there is a lot of different numbers going around so I went with the highest.

I just thought 352rwhp was a bit high, it seems more like flywheel HP, but i could be wrong. Perhaps i need to do some serious tuning on mine, made 477hp at the flywheel but 390rwhp, so only about 38rwhp more than yours.

Nice graphs though, oodles or torque
If i'm reading your sig right, with heads/cam/full exhaust you should be well over 400rwhp, probally around 430 ish. Its all in the tune.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THANKS GUYS! no prob, I honestly would doubt those #'s too, my roomate had a 2000 frc before his new z06 and with the same mods as me he made 355 and 361. But that was through the vette wich has a lil bit higher drivetrain loss and we thought that those #'s were high! So I see where alot of you are coming from