General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Ever see a head repaired like this??

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 05:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OMGWTFBODY
I respectfully disagree. It is far better to have this information out here now, knowing that it is possible for the lawsuit to take months to come to conclusions. How many others could experience the same kind of problems over this timespan.

It would be far more useful to have this warning than not.
I agree.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:46 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OMGWTFBODY
I respectfully disagree. It is far better to have this information out here now, knowing that it is possible for the lawsuit to take months to come to conclusions. How many others could experience the same kind of problems over this timespan.

It would be far more useful to have this warning than not.
How can you disagree on something that you only have the complaint's of on one side of the situation!!!That's like when you get accused for something and have not even had your say in it!!This should not have been posted until the lawsuit is finalized! As of this time it is all one sided and only a picture of a gooped up freeze plug as been posted. You don't even know why it is like that. Maybe the owner of the car told them to do it!! The fact is knowbody know's the truth about the situation at hand!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 8a8mfh
Ok we got the warning, we don't need the details day by day.
No offense and not trying to be an *******, but some of us would like to hear what is going on as he has more info, so if you dont want the details on a day to day basis then dont open the thread on a day to day basis.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
No offense and not trying to be an *******, but some of us would like to hear what is going on as he has more info, so if you dont want the details on a day to day basis then dont open the thread on a day to day basis.
x2, while I've never heard of these guys I'm curious how all this is going to pan out.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:04 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

First, once a complaint is filed it is public information. Anyone on earth is free to read it and draw their own conclusions. They can also wait for trial to see what the judicial system decides. I also think it is good to expose shops who have screwed any of us.

Now, if you come on here an lie you are going to get your *** sued off. If you start a pissing match Tony will lock it. We need these discussions on a continuing basis to help clean up our sport. I'm not the only one that has been F'd over.

Hunter, keep in mind that what I say here is also a matter of public record. If LWA can prove I have libeled them it will be my ***. In the end you will see that I will not post anything that I can not prove. I have plenty of evidence. If I'm lying the judicial system will work as it should.....I'll pay big time!

LWA can register and post here. I'd like to hear their defense (without having to pay an attorney to drag it out of them!!) I, and the court I'm sure, are just dying to hear how a legitamate, viable business could take $78,000 in payment from a customer and refuse to give that customer an invoice (or a vehicle that would run....I said run....not perform perfectly). PARTICULARLY on a collector vehicle where documentation is EVERYTHING!!
Old 11-14-2007, 08:29 PM
9 Second Club

I pm'ed you, and as of now I will not post anymore about this situation.
Your a good person and so are the people at LWA. Hopefully friendship's here will be salvaged in the end and everything get's worked out.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:39 PM
10 Second Club

Old 11-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Teching In

holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy shitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt what the helllllllllll are they doing? Did they tell you your muffler bearing was bad. Did they try to charge you for blinker fluid. lol i swear there are some dumb asses.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

Location: sneaking in your back door as you leave!/cartersville ga

get your muffler bearing and blinker fluid right here!

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...e8fd4d65edecab
Old 11-14-2007, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by grb
First, once a complaint is filed it is public information. Anyone on earth is free to read it and draw their own conclusions. They can also wait for trial to see what the judicial system decides. I also think it is good to expose shops who have screwed any of us.

Now, if you come on here an lie you are going to get your *** sued off. If you start a pissing match Tony will lock it. We need these discussions on a continuing basis to help clean up our sport. I'm not the only one that has been F'd over.

Hunter, keep in mind that what I say here is also a matter of public record. If LWA can prove I have libeled them it will be my ***. In the end you will see that I will not post anything that I can not prove. I have plenty of evidence. If I'm lying the judicial system will work as it should.....I'll pay big time!

LWA can register and post here. I'd like to hear their defense (without having to pay an attorney to drag it out of them!!) I, and the court I'm sure, are just dying to hear how a legitamate, viable business could take $78,000 in payment from a customer and refuse to give that customer an invoice (or a vehicle that would run....I said run....not perform perfectly). PARTICULARLY on a collector vehicle where documentation is EVERYTHING!!

You talk of having your own bussiness and being down this road before and knowing what it takes, However I dont know you personally but from the statements you have provided you are not as witty as you claim. One, in court, from a traffic violation to a murder case, its all about money, not wrong or right, guilty or innoccent. Two, what smart business owner or person who has "gone down this road before" doesnt get reciepts for a project of $78,000? Three, what idiot pays someone $78,000 for a c5r or any lsx build that has to be NA to need 106 to run? You dont even have a blower or turbo for $78,000 your stupid right there. Hopefully since your so smart and didnt get a reciept for anything they will finally give you one stating all the fucd up things they did for you. Then they will get away with it because they did exactly what the invoice says. In conclusion I dont believe your B.S. story and you dont talk like a business owner. More like self educated by the internet. You told your side now thats mine, MASON
Old 11-14-2007, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 8a8mfh
Yea I agree, what the **** costs $78,000? Wait I know! "hey Mr. SpeedShop Owner I'm 44 years old and don't know **** about cars, build me something that can keep up with the kids".

Can we please see a price break down of where this $78,000 went to?
That is if it's not classified information.

I just also realized that even though I really do have $78,000 into my car and cant get $40,000 for it that you would probably pay me $150,000. So when you win this "lawsuit" give me a call, it looks like I will part ways and build me three more that dont run on 106.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 97F1R408
You talk of having your own bussiness and being down this road before and knowing what it takes, However I dont know you personally but from the statements you have provided you are not as witty as you claim. One, in court, from a traffic violation to a murder case, its all about money, not wrong or right, guilty or innoccent. Two, what smart business owner or person who has "gone down this road before" doesnt get reciepts for a project of $78,000? Three, what idiot pays someone $78,000 for a c5r or any lsx build that has to be NA to need 106 to run? You dont even have a blower or turbo for $78,000 your stupid right there. Hopefully since your so smart and didnt get a reciept for anything they will finally give you one stating all the fucd up things they did for you. Then they will get away with it because they did exactly what the invoice says. In conclusion I dont believe your B.S. story and you dont talk like a business owner. More like self educated by the internet. You told your side now thats mine, MASON
Old 11-15-2007, 07:44 AM
Staging Lane

no offense but you bragging about all the cases you've won etc., sounds like you sue people for a living....
Old 11-15-2007, 09:12 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Sue people for a living? Sorry Creman but only attys do that. Run an automotive related business for 30 years with 8 locations and you will be involved in more lawsuits than you can count. As for the $78k, you guys bring up a good point and it will be a major issue in court. I think we all agree that for $78k a solid roller C5R 427 should be capable of traveling at least 10 miles under it's own power AND PULL MORE THAN 450 HP!! Especially after almost 3 years and 4 returns to the shop. You might expect at least half of your gauges to work also. And you might expect an accurate dyno graph. And an undamaged vehicle. And a an invoice would be nice too. Would you refuse to give a customer an invoice for work you had done? And if not, why?

Mason my friend you know very little about this case to be making such broad, sweeping judegements. When you've been around a while you will realize that taking someone to court is last case scenario. There usually is no winner, but on the other hand, sometimes you are left with no other choice.

As for the invoice you need to read previous posts or wait until my attorney files a link to the PDF file before you jump to any more conclusions.

Hunter, I see your side 100%. I wouldn't believe this either were I on the outside looking in and especially knowing Lamar Walden as you and I do. No problem at all.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Staging Lane

Wow this thread really did a 180! I just don't get what would make you keep going back for 3 years, I mean eventually you've got to say enough bad work is enough.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by grb
Sue people for a living? Sorry Creman but only attys do that. Run an automotive related business for 30 years with 8 locations and you will be involved in more lawsuits than you can count. As for the $78k, you guys bring up a good point and it will be a major issue in court. I think we all agree that for $78k a solid roller C5R 427 should be capable of traveling at least 10 miles under it's own power AND PULL MORE THAN 450 HP!! Especially after almost 3 years and 4 returns to the shop. You might expect at least half of your gauges to work also. And you might expect an accurate dyno graph. And an undamaged vehicle. And a an invoice would be nice too. Would you refuse to give a customer an invoice for work you had done? And if not, why?

Mason my friend you know very little about this case to be making such broad, sweeping judegements. When you've been around a while you will realize that taking someone to court is last case scenario. There usually is no winner, but on the other hand, sometimes you are left with no other choice.

As for the invoice you need to read previous posts or wait until my attorney files a link to the PDF file before you jump to any more conclusions.

Hunter, I see your side 100%. I wouldn't believe this either were I on the outside looking in and especially knowing Lamar Walden as you and I do. No problem at all.

GRB, what do you mean by when Ive been around for awile? I am in the automobile repair business and it is people like you that make shop owners sick. If you were in auto repair you would already know this.I know your not because you have stated that you knowingly spent $78,000 on an NA c5r.With all of your internet reading you didnt see how small the head chambers are on a C5R? Or you are just a flat out liar (more than likely). Just as others have stated you probably made up your own parts list with a bunch of unmatched parts. I'm sure that this LMA didnt just arive at their shop one day and forget what it takes to build an engine that will run on pump gas. Did you say 8 automotive related shops? Why did you even have someone else touch your car when you have 8 shops? Wouldnt you know that that was rape? Unless your shop was incompetent? Under your great management skills? Or did you mean to say that your father has or had 8 shops? I was personally not given anything. You dont sound like you know anything of business. I cant help but wonder how stupid you must sound ( like a 12 year old) when you go to this attorney and tell him to post up some pdf files on some little forum so the whole world (as you see it) can see this insanity. With all of these issues why did you even pick the car up? Nothing in this whole story adds up. NOTHING!
Old 11-15-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Resident

Location: sneaking in your back door as you leave!/cartersville ga

thats what i think should be done to this thread. if its not. you will have board members suing each other. you will always have for every shop, and then you will have people calling them morons, idiots, dumb f--ks, etc. etc.. this discussion is not keeping on track

and then when the information is released allow one of the mods to post it of they see fit.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:16 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Keep it civil RF! Either you are a big fan of LWA or you don't know who they are at all. Also, my shops did not do what LWA does.

Let me explain a little something to you. Lamar Walden in the '70s walked on water in the SE. Nobody could touch him. When Lamar went somewhere to race his competition went elsewhere. He set records in every class he entered. He once lowered the C-gas by a full second. That's why GM gave him and one other GM racer a '69 ZL1, #51 (my ZL1 is #51...see a connection yet??). Don't believe all this? Ask him!

Let me add; To my knowledge Lamar Walden has always had an impeccable reputation.

Lamar lived next door to my best friend in HS. If it were not for that I would never have gotten the chance to meet Lamar on a personal basis. Also, Lamar at that time had a full time job and worked on race cars in his spare time. The fact that he worked on several cars for me was at time considered an honor. Lamar didn't have a public shop and didn't work on very many cars.

That's how LWA was able to stall me for so long on my ZL1. I did not rush them, and never would rush an engine builder, but I did push LWA along after about a year into the process. And just how would you MAKE a shop finish your car after you had the confidence in them to pay in advance? At gun point? Bring in an atty...like that wouldn't cause even more problems? If a builder stalls you month after month you don't have much choice other than to urge him along.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 97F1R408
GRB, what do you mean by when Ive been around for awile? I am in the automobile repair business and it is people like you that make shop owners sick. If you were in auto repair you would already know this.I know your not because you have stated that you knowingly spent $78,000 on an NA c5r.With all of your internet reading you didnt see how small the head chambers are on a C5R? Or you are just a flat out liar (more than likely). Just as others have stated you probably made up your own parts list with a bunch of unmatched parts. I'm sure that this LMA didnt just arive at their shop one day and forget what it takes to build an engine that will run on pump gas. Did you say 8 automotive related shops? Why did you even have someone else touch your car when you have 8 shops? Wouldnt you know that that was rape? Unless your shop was incompetent? Under your great management skills? Or did you mean to say that your father has or had 8 shops? I was personally not given anything. You dont sound like you know anything of business. I cant help but wonder how stupid you must sound ( like a 12 year old) when you go to this attorney and tell him to post up some pdf files on some little forum so the whole world (as you see it) can see this insanity. With all of these issues why did you even pick the car up? Nothing in this whole story adds up. NOTHING!
Out of anyone in this thread you are making yourself sound the most uneducated. Insulting a persons knowledge, business, and then calling them a liar is very childish. I would suggest you re-read the thread, get your facts straight, then ask for forgiveness.

I'm siding with GRB on this one, if he has been lying then it will come out short enough. He sounds very educated on the subject, and being in business you must know where you stand with the law or you're very vulnerable. I suppose we'll just see how it ends up.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:13 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

My only question is how you would cut someone a check for such a large amount of money and have no proof for what it's for, specifically, not getting a receipt or bill of sale.

I learned my lesson when I paid close to $1500 in cash for a set of heads installed and never got a receipt. It then becomes a he said / he said argument about what was agreed upon.

Best of luck to you, and hope this works out for the best.

Quick Reply: Ever see a head repaired like this??