General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Ever see a head repaired like this??

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 09:07 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just saw the running and running good part. God, that is some funny stuff. I guess that's why it kept returning to LWA's on a wrecker. The car NEVER made it past my house under it's own power. Get it. I was damn lucky to get home with it still spitting, sputtering, smoking and bellowing steam. Why do you think Lamar made sure I had a fire extinguisher when I left his shop!

Hell, that car had enough power to pull right up on that wrecker by itself!! Sweet Jesus. And, where did you get the 630 number?? Even Lamar himself admitted to me that that dyno graph was bogus. I hope you're their atty!!
Old 11-26-2007, 09:09 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

I'll post the truth. That will be proven. You will post what you have been told. That is obvious.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:18 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For you, I hope you win this lawsuit,if not,you are going to be the laughing stock of LS1Tech!!!!!!!
I hope Vengeance do's a 110% job and everything go's perfect on your new build,or i am sure they will get a nice certified letter in the mail from you as well!!!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
I hope Vengeance do's a 110% job

I hope they do's a good job too

You all sound like a bunch of fools.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:37 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Well let's do a little comparo here. Once my LWA ZL1 was determined to be nothing more than junk Vengeance replaced every part and had the car running perfectly with a Phase II+ engine in about a week. Something LWA couldn't do in almost 3 years!

My gas gauge worked, my rear speakers were not blown out, my speedometer was correct, the fuel pump workded (!), the interior wasn't falling out of the car, I was given a true dyno graph, the car was clean and well taken care of, no parts were missing, there was no smoke billowing out from under the hood, no steam, the heater fan worked, there was no damage to the paint or holes in the tunnel, I wasn't missing a $275 Odessey battery, I didn't have to listen to backfires or recrank the engine at every light, there were no noxious fumes pouring into my face and I didn't have to buy and keep on hand 106 octane race gas at $6 a gallon.

You see Vengeance is a competent shop. They don't tell people they can do something they are not qualified to do and then charge double for a failed job.

Nice try. Now you boys go get a few more talking points from Lamar and let's see the rest of his defense. Surely there is more to it than what we've heard so far!
Old 11-27-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just some advice as I've been following this thread for a bit GRB i'd just lay off the slinging of stuff until the outcome of the suit is determined, this thread will get locked pretty quick if it keeps going downhill. Hope you are satisfied after you get everything straight.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:36 AM
TECH Addict

I have 1 question for you "GRB"! Since Vengeance racing has done and is doing alot of work,and we all know they do great work,but if your new setup didn't make the power they say it will make or you are not happy, or just wouldn't run correctly for some reason,or a freeze plug popped out,would you put a lawsuit against them as well????? The reason I ask is since more than 1 person on this particular thread has mentioned it,do you sue people alot for what you think is not correct by your standard's!!
Just been following the thread for a while and not taking any sides, the courts will determine who is right and who is wrong, but when it comes to the amount of money that he is talking about hell i would file a lawsuit as well. When its a couple hundred or a couple thousand dollars, I can see eating the costs if the shop doesnt complete the work 100% up to your standards. You take it as a lesson learned and if they dont wish to fix their work you go elsewhere. However, if he truley spent $78K+ on the build, thats a whole new ballgame. For a $78K+ build id expect the car to be perfect, no exceptions.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:41 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Just been following the thread for a while and not taking any sides, the courts will determine who is right and who is wrong, but when it comes to the amount of money that he is talking about hell i would file a lawsuit as well. When its a couple hundred or a couple thousand dollars, I can see eating the costs if the shop doesnt complete the work 100% up to your standards. You take it as a lesson learned and if they dont wish to fix their work you go elsewhere. However, if he truley spent $78K+ on the build, thats a whole new ballgame. For a $78K+ build id expect the car to be perfect, no exceptions.
I agree,but he wasn't happy with the supercharger build,so he has to pay to put it back to n/a. It's not like he payed that much for just a motor and a supercharger install. He kept changing the setup, from FI to N/A and a bunch of other little stuff. It add's up!
Old 11-27-2007, 09:51 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by grb
Well let's do a little comparo here. Once my LWA ZL1 was determined to be nothing more than junk Vengeance replaced every part and had the car running perfectly with a Phase II+ engine in about a week. Something LWA couldn't do in almost 3 years!

My gas gauge worked, my rear speakers were not blown out, my speedometer was correct, the fuel pump workded (!), the interior wasn't falling out of the car, I was given a true dyno graph, the car was clean and well taken care of, no parts were missing, there was no smoke billowing out from under the hood, no steam, the heater fan worked, there was no damage to the paint or holes in the tunnel, I wasn't missing a $275 Odessey battery, I didn't have to listen to backfires or recrank the engine at every light, there were no noxious fumes pouring into my face and I didn't have to buy and keep on hand 106 octane race gas at $6 a gallon.

You see Vengeance is a competent shop. They don't tell people they can do something they are not qualified to do and then charge double for a failed job.

Nice try. Now you boys go get a few more talking points from Lamar and let's see the rest of his defense. Surely there is more to it than what we've heard so far!
I still say that there is alot more to this than you are letting everyone to believe. I think it is a personal matter between you and Lamar,and this is a way you think that it will hurt him.Just from your storie's that you have posted about you and him back in the day having the only ZL1 car's and other thing's.Something bad happened in your friendship and this is a way in your mind to expose him and try to get back at him for something or another. You did spend alot of money but everytime you change your mind on the setup,I can see it costing you that much money.Just off the top of my head,I can add up the part's that I know of you had and that come's to $20,000. So with the change's made and all the time and machine work,i can see the money spent!
Old 11-27-2007, 10:42 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the advise Jon. And I'll safely assume you don't mud slinging from fact posting. One is illegal and one is not.

Hunter - Are you the official LWA mouth piece or simply parroting what you have been told? Maybe a few more pictures and actual facts are in order. I'll be back in a few hours.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:42 AM
FormerVendor

I wasn't going to post anymore,but that is the reason I was told also was the car got away from you "GRB" and then you asked them to "slow"it down for you,and they did. What do's Vengeance have to with this. They build some nice car's as well,but they also don't tell or post the bad stuff that happen's to customer's car's that other shop's fix either. Vengenace is only involved because they are building a motor for GRB,so I guess I would take up for him also,He's a paying customer. It will all come together in the the end,and I think people will be surprised!

Chris just to clear the air on a few things... I dont think after knowing Ray for a year that his car made too much power for him.. I think it had more to do with the freeze plug shooting out of the head on the highway spilling coolant all over the street and his tires and sending him into the median doing 360s.

It would seem odd that 750 horsepower is too much for Ray, but he is building a 1000 horse combo with us.....

As for Vengeance being involved because we are doing this car for Ray, I think you need to take a step back and reconsider that... Ray didnt trust us anymore than the next guy when he came to our shop. We EARNED Rays trust by fixing his blue ZL1 that was destroyed @ LWA... Our customer service/attention to detail/ and the fact that Ray had his car back safe in his garage in a timley manner performing and looking as it should EARNED us the right to work with Ray on his future projects.....

Rest assured Ray WILL be happy with his HOSS when we are done because we dont cut firewalls to use **** intakes/adapter plates on custom builds of valuable cars. We dont repair freeze plugs with JB Weld... We dont tell customers their car makes 630 only to find out its making 440....

As for a certain black CTSV.... I call BULLSHIT.. We have only built a handful of CTSVs in the past year and I have called EVERYONE of my customers this morning and searched the CadillacForums and NOT ONE of my customers has a problem...

Know something even funnier about that... We offer a 12 month UNLIMITED MILEAGE WARRANTY on all of our PACKAGES... SHOW ME ANOTHER SHOP IN THE COUNTRY WITH A WARRANTY AS GOOD AS OURS... Now why would this fictional customer take his car elsewhere to pay good money to have a service he could have had done here for free.. If in fact his car did blow up and it had ANYTHING to do with "our" package

We do make mistakes at our shop like everyone else does. BUT our customers KNOW we will stand behind them until it is right..

Know what i did for the past two weeks?? I went through EVERY file of ours and worked directly with Comp cams to get replacement 928s for EVERY set of 918s we installed last year... How many shops are going to go that far to AVOID a failure... I know most would let it happen and then simply blame Comp. We fixed our problems BEFORE they happen any chance we can.

You dont have a dog in this fight Chris. Your shortblock is staying together and thats great for you. Lamar has been around for 35 years so Im sure there are thousands of other happy customers out there... NONE OF YOU have anything to do with the fact Ray got fucked by LWA...

Rant off....

Last edited by Ron@Vengeance; 11-27-2007 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:22 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

This thread is getting questionable again, IMO.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:53 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Thread has served its purpose, locking it down.

Quick Reply: Ever see a head repaired like this??