General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Ever see a head repaired like this??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 08:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have more self controll than I do. I would have killed somebody.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:08 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

rocksws6 - I'm afraid if this had happened to me a few years ago there would have been some serious bloodshed. Then I would have had a legal problem. This way the one who should have the problem has it!
Old 11-21-2007, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad I ran across this thread... I've been looking for a shop to do business with, and all shops need to know that potential customers read these posts.

I will scratch LWA off my list...
Old 11-21-2007, 06:07 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

ATLSS - save yourself a lot of money and aggravation...go straight to Vengeance!
Old 11-21-2007, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's where I'm going to get mine tuned.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:10 AM
Banned

Where is the car right now and what condition is it in?
Old 11-22-2007, 09:18 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

It's in my garage and totally rebuilt as a pure GMMG phase II+. I had a buyer for the car with the 427 in it but once we found out the 620+RWHP dyno graph from LWA was phony, plus all the other things that were fraudulent and just plain destroyed our best option was to back with the GMMG motor. And that is how to lose $78,000!

I've got an offer for the car but as a GMMG car it is a lot of fun to own and drive. However, the LWA stench will always be there to me. If I sell it it will be for that reason. <----- I think certain people will get to go to this place one day!
Old 11-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Banned

Who rebuilt it and made everything right? Or at least to where it is now.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:02 AM

$78K for a ZL1 or $78K to do the C5R conversion?
Old 11-22-2007, 01:17 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

The ZL1 was roughly a little less than $52k from Tom Henry. $78k to Lamar Walden which does not include .090 C5R heads or Fikse wheels.

Once we discovered the epoxy on the head it was obvious to both Vengeance (Mike Carnahan who built most of the GMMG cars and had opened Vengeance only 5 miles from my new house) and I that when Lamar agreed to remove the ProCharger and rebuild the engine as a NA solid roller 427 that LWA had not removed the head (so obviously neither head had been removed) to repair it when the car came back to him on a wrecker the first time, just as he had not removed the head to return the car to NA.

So LWA was paid to change the NA motor to SC. He completely agreed with this decision and charged me for this. He could not make the SC motor run even with race gas and then with alcohol injection! This is when I again paid LWA to restore the car back to a high compression NA motor. When I picked the car up at this point Lamar and his son handed me a dyno graph (I have that nice piece of evidence!) and told me the car made 620RWHP (prox) and everything was repaired. I almost didn't make it home, (the car actually backfired leaving LWA's parking lot!).

By this time it was obvious to me that LWA wasn't going to fix their mess no matter how many times I drove or towed it back to them. After considering the options it seemed the best thing to do to preserve any value and make the car resellable was to restore it to original GMMG specs. This was when I saw some of the outrageous things LWA had done to my car. It was also clear that I had be intentionally misled and lied to. This was also about the time I started to get really pissed!!

There are more grisly details, like Lamar's decision to chop a hole in the trans. tunnel rather than use a Hogan intake as I suggested. I got the Hogan idea from you guys when I brought up the intake problem that Lamar was having.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:16 PM

So you bought the car from Lamar Walden?
Old 11-22-2007, 06:45 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

No, the car was delivered at GMMG but bought through Tom Henry Chev.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:34 PM
NEW
Staging Lane

Ray, stay on it, HARD. I would too.

See u in the spring..

NEW
Old 11-23-2007, 09:06 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

NEW, too bad there was no Vengeance Racing when I started this project. I can tell you that you don't have to worry about the people you are dealing with!

Thanks to Ron and Mike I'll have a surprise or two by Spring!
And you can bet I am going to stay on it hard. Justice has a price and I'm willing to pay it.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've been this thread for Quite sometime now. I read through the PDF which is an excellent source of what happened and where this is going. I wish you the best of luck grp, and hope you win in the end. Alotta people take trust that you give them for granted ( my body shop i.e.) and its time for them to pay. We trust them to do the right thing by us and their customers. We pay good money to have our dreams and hopes put into reality and at the end too many of us are left dissapointed and shattered at the end. It's so sad that we can't get what we paid for .The pride in workmanship that we paid for and expected always falls so short.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:43 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

I think the hottest place in Hell is reserved for people who take advantage of people who trust them.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grb
Here?? http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/11.../Complaint.doc

Paragraphs 18 through 35 pretty much tell the story.
Sums it up. Best of luck Ray.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Resident

Goodluck. i am glad i never got scrued. I always pay in full and the machine shop i go to gives the receipt when you pick you things up he just writes on it paid cash.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:25 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Until this I've never had any one in my whole life refuse to give me an invoice. There has been a lot of speculation as to why LWA refuses to do so. I can't wait to find out myself!!

Judge, "How do you pay your taxes if you don't give people invoices for the work your business performs?"

Defendant perp, "Well your honor, just before April 14th we add up all the little scraps of paper we kept for the year and send in a good faith, estimated tax return. We always break dead even!"
Old 11-26-2007, 05:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by grb
Until this I've never had any one in my whole life refuse to give me an invoice. There has been a lot of speculation as to why LWA refuses to do so. I can't wait to find out myself!!

Judge, "How do you pay your taxes if you don't give people invoices for the work your business performs?"

Defendant perp, "Well your honor, just before April 14th we add up all the little scraps of paper we kept for the year and send in a good faith, estimated tax return. We always break dead even!"
Yea, like that would ever work with the IRS!!!!

Quick Reply: Ever see a head repaired like this??