General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

selling camaro, and the "you should buy a ford talk has begun"!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007 | 08:17 PM
Launching!

These arguements are beyond stupid...
Old 11-15-2007 | 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

The only place that the Mustang is winning is at the New Car Dealerships.In 2008 there are no more Monte Carlos, no more GTOs and with the $5000 rebate Ford is offerring you can buy a new Mustang GT cheaper than you can buy a used GTO with low miles. Both of them are right at $29.000.00 and the 2008 Mustang-$5000 is $24,000.00. )
The fastest off the showroom Mustang I ever raced was a 2006 Stage 3 Roush and
he ran a 12.92@102.04.
Old 11-15-2007 | 09:16 AM
Launching!

ya the way i view mustangs is that they are not fast out of the factory. BUT...Ford gives you a motor that has alot of potential and is starving for Forced induction. if you spray, supercharge or turbo that motor it will give you a hell of a response. but with simple bolt ons i dont view them as a threat.
Old 11-17-2007 | 01:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by X.Modesto
S197Mustang owner here, best time stock, 13.7 on nitto street tires, All my buddies with F-bods 13.0X and below with less than a 500 in mods. But my car still looks better...

LSX engines are the **** just get rid of the f-body...
mustangs look like every other car in the street now.......except you guys have more spoiler/body kit and wheel choices than us :
Old 11-17-2007 | 01:49 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GMmexican
mustangs look like every other car in the street now.......except you guys have more spoiler/body kit and wheel choices than us :

It is pretty bad down here in Arizona.

You know it's bad when the FORD ******* MUSTANGS are more riced out than your average integra/civic....

Subsequently, it's also the reason I like crushing them in any type of race.
Old 11-17-2007 | 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

Hahaha I hear ya man, I cant even count how many different styles of body kits/wings/wheels/stripes/decals/etc I have seen on the newer style mustangs. Some of them look prettyd amn good but others are just plain hideous. I kinda like the kit that looks like a shelby gt (gone in 60 second style). The worst one though is the rousche 427 edition or whatever they call it. I saw it one day driving to the bank and I stopped because I figured it was a 427 block and wanted to check it out as I had never heard of one before. Nope, 427 "claimed" hp. I was pissed.
Old 11-17-2007 | 10:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gaunt
Alright... so my proof that f-bodys generally run what I said can be viewed at the top of this page.

Click the little timeslip link if you would be so bold.

I guess asking for proof of what a GT runs is a felony in your little world then eh?
R U seriously that stupid?.........I said MACH.....what part of MACH do you not get?.....Oh wait.....you dont' know much about them, so I am sure you think they are the same....GT and Mach.
Yeah, I'm not going to lie, Machs can keep up with me, although I still don't have a problem beating them by a few lengths.

but the GTs... you have got to be one deluded fool to think those are keeping up with LS1s stock....
WTF does that mean?....seriously. That is a COMPLETE contradiction. they keep up, but you have no problem beating them by a few lengths...if they keep up, you aren't beating them by a few lengths...and if they keep up...you would need to be on your A game, and it would be a problem.

You sir, are an idiot.
Old 11-17-2007 | 11:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Alright... so my proof that f-bodys generally run what I said can be viewed at the top of this page.
Click the little timeslip link if you would be so bold.
Like the irony.....I bolded your bold statement.

Tell you what GENIOUS>...you go push it........here's hint, I did, and YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!..there is no proof up there. I looked at 12.7 on page 3 (mid way) till the end....every one had a mod listed and/or DR's. So, I went onto page 4. There were THREE on that entire page from 12.998 to 13.3....Guess what......those three had NOTHING listed under mods. So we dont' know for sure if they were stock or not..but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...oh yeah..one of those three......isn't even an Fbod..it was an A4 C5..........SO, STFU with your loud mouth. There is NO proof at the top of the page that a factory stock LS FBOD runs 12s.

Disclaimor: This post is intended of the sole purposed to discredit his 'proof' and to shut down his call out. I know there have been a very select few that have run high 12s.
Old 11-17-2007 | 11:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Personally, i've never seen a Mach run high 12s EVER!

Could somebody please elaborate?
Old 11-17-2007 | 11:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Super28Sport
Personally, i've never seen a Mach run high 12s EVER!

Could somebody please elaborate?
Have you seen $10M cash?

Have you ever seen a factory stock LS Fbod run high 12s? Have you hever seen a C6Z run 11.2? Have you ever seen an 05+ GTO run 13.0? Have you ever seen an A4 Fbod run 13.1? Have you ever seen an LS fbod run 109+MPH??

Have I made my point? I can go on. You dont' believe me.....you can go get the proof yourself. Just like I looked for the high 12s on the fbods. If I haven't seen something done in a car...in a car I am not EXTREMELY familiar with..I don't call BS.....Cause I dont' know any better. I can be humble like that...not sure why others can't be.
Old 11-17-2007 | 11:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

dont understand the reason, u are selling your ls1 car?
thay are cheep to maintain, mods are easy, easy to swap heads, cam intake
will get very good mpg when tuned correct and maintained.
if your gonna get another vehicle, at least get a ls 5.3 silverado, at least u will be able to put it to work,if needed,and very versatile.
dont mess with a mod motor ford car or truck if you do sell,

ive had "hardcore" mod motor mustang guys bring me their cars to do cam swaps or valvespring swaps. or other internal engine assembly, who wouldnt be able to reinstall their timing chains and cams to save their lives

even one 03-04 be end all cobra guru guy, who couldnt figure out how to
reinstall his timing assembly and "dohc boost cam swap package", and bent his new billet pulley trying to reinstall it

sorry
Old 11-18-2007 | 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Have you seen $10M cash?

Have you ever seen a factory stock LS Fbod run high 12s? Have you hever seen a C6Z run 11.2? Have you ever seen an 05+ GTO run 13.0? Have you ever seen an A4 Fbod run 13.1? Have you ever seen an LS fbod run 109+MPH??

ranger's c6 z06 ran that number ......hes all over the corvette forums
12.9 is the record for a bone stock f-body 6 speed under perfect conditions, i have the issue of GM high tech where a stock 05 gto ran 12.8
Old 11-18-2007 | 02:41 PM
11 Second Club

Tell you what GENIOUS>...
Way to spell genius incorrectly while insulting someone else's intelligence.
Old 11-18-2007 | 02:57 PM
11 Second Club

Tell you what GENIOUS>...you go push it........here's hint, I did, and YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!..there is no proof up there. I looked at 12.7 on page 3 (mid way) till the end....every one had a mod listed and/or DR's. So, I went onto page 4. There were THREE on that entire page from 12.998 to 13.3....Guess what......those three had NOTHING listed under mods. So we dont' know for sure if they were stock or not..but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...oh yeah..one of those three......isn't even an Fbod..it was an A4 C5..........SO, STFU with your loud mouth. There is NO proof at the top of the page that a factory stock LS FBOD runs 12s.

Disclaimor: This post is intended of the sole purposed to discredit his 'proof' and to shut down his call out. I know there have been a very select few that have run high 12s.
Wow, you my friend are the pinnacle of ignorance and stupidity.

Guess what, if a car has no mods listed, it is known as "stock" you dumb ****.

And yes, a car can keep up with me, and also be beat....Have you EVER raced? lol

A Mexi-civic can not keep up with me, and get raped.

Machs have kept up with me (I.e. pulls pretty evenly with me off the line, then walk them as the speedo climbs)
and I beat them.

Sounds like somebody is a little mad their precious mach isn't all it's cracked up to be. I await your enlightenment.

Have a nice day sweety.
Old 11-18-2007 | 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Have you seen $10M cash?

Have I made my point? I can go on. You dont' believe me.....you can go get the proof yourself. Just like I looked for the high 12s on the fbods. If I haven't seen something done in a car...in a car I am not EXTREMELY familiar with..I don't call BS.....Cause I dont' know any better. I can be humble like that...not sure why others can't be.
Find a mustang board to post in. The only reason your on this board is to start ****. Why? Do you think you are change the way these guys think or convince everybody that mustangs are just as good? Save it and take that **** somewhere else.
Old 11-18-2007 | 11:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

ranger's c6 z06 ran that number ......hes all over the corvette forums
12.9 is the record for a bone stock f-body 6 speed under perfect conditions, i have the issue of GM high tech where a stock 05 gto ran 12.8
That is EXACTLY my point. He is only putting out what he hasn't seen........Not sure why you made that post, but all you did is confirm what I was saying.

IE: he believes what you posted, although he hasn't seen it. Yet, can't believe what is posted about stangs.
Originally Posted by 02 Camaro SS
Way to spell genius incorrectly while insulting someone else's intelligence.
UM.........That was a crack at him.....albeit not a good one........but there nonetheless.
Wow, you my friend are the pinnacle of ignorance and stupidity.
Guess what, if a car has no mods listed, it is known as "stock" you dumb ****.
And yes, a car can keep up with me, and also be beat....Have you EVER raced? lol
A Mexi-civic can not keep up with me, and get raped.
Machs have kept up with me (I.e. pulls pretty evenly with me off the line, then walk them as the speedo climbs)
and I beat them.
Sounds like somebody is a little mad their precious mach isn't all it's cracked up to be. I await your enlightenment.
Have a nice day sweety.
WOW...panzy boy..I love how you haven't addressed the fact that I owned your *** in your call out. Telling me I don't have the Go-nads to look on the list at your proof of a factory stock Fbod running 12.9s.....AND THERE ISN'T ONE. The best there was a 13.1.........What a TARD.
My point is you bash these cars, and you dont' **** about them. Keep up is being within a length....two max. Basically...........a damned close race. I am not getting mad at 'precious machs'. I just get irritated with ignorant fools that dont' know **** about the cars they are bashing. They are doing it because they are brand loyal and dont' know crap about the car in question. Try learning something, before you bash it.
Originally Posted by rocksws6
Find a mustang board to post in. The only reason your on this board is to start ****. Why? Do you think you are change the way these guys think or convince everybody that mustangs are just as good? Save it and take that **** somewhere else.
UM........Actually.........I do post in stang forums. Unlike some members here, I am not brand loyal...and I respect all domestic performance cars.......AND, I am here to teach the ignorant. And n00b, if you would read my posts.......and KNEW what PMs were sent to me, you would know I am not here to start ****. THE ONLY bashing/disgruntled crap I get into, is when Ignorant twits post about mustangs thinking they know all about them.
Old 11-18-2007 | 11:48 PM
11 Second Club

That is EXACTLY my point. He is only putting out what he hasn't seen........Not sure why you made that post, but all you did is confirm what I was saying.

IE: he believes what you posted, although he hasn't seen it. Yet, can't believe what is posted about stangs.

UM.........That was a crack at him.....albeit not a good one........but there nonetheless.

WOW...panzy boy..I love how you haven't addressed the fact that I owned your *** in your call out. Telling me I don't have the Go-nads to look on the list at your proof of a factory stock Fbod running 12.9s.....AND THERE ISN'T ONE. The best there was a 13.1.........What a TARD.
My point is you bash these cars, and you dont' **** about them. Keep up is being within a length....two max. Basically...........a damned close race. I am not getting mad at 'precious machs'. I just get irritated with ignorant fools that dont' know **** about the cars they are bashing. They are doing it because they are brand loyal and dont' know crap about the car in question. Try learning something, before you bash it.

UM........Actually.........I do post in stang forums. Unlike some members here, I am not brand loyal...and I respect all domestic performance cars.......AND, I am here to teach the ignorant. And n00b, if you would read my posts.......and KNEW what PMs were sent to me, you would know I am not here to start ****. THE ONLY bashing/disgruntled crap I get into, is when Ignorant twits post about mustangs thinking they know all about them.
To be brutally honest, I thought the timeslips section would have given me a bit more to run on than the **** that is in there. I will give you that one. +1 for you, celebrate with a circle jerk with your mach buddies.

I WAS thinking along the lines of the 12.96 @ 107.43 article that is somewhat of a legendary picture round these parts.

And yep, I HAVE seen a factory stock f-body go 12.98 down here at firebird raceway in phoenix. Pewter WS6, I can still remember it like it was yesterday. Beautiful car really, but that's neither here nor there.

So, aside from your bullshit, POST some machs running bone stock 12s instead of trying to call me out.
Old 11-18-2007 | 11:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

To be brutally honest, I thought the timeslips section would have given me a bit more to run on than the **** that is in there. I will give you that one. +1 for you, celebrate with a circle jerk with your mach buddies.

I WAS thinking along the lines of the 12.96 @ 107.43 article that is somewhat of a legendary picture round these parts.

And yep, I HAVE seen a factory stock f-body go 12.98 down here at firebird raceway in phoenix. Pewter WS6, I can still remember it like it was yesterday. Beautiful car really, but that's neither here nor there.

So, aside from your bullshit, POST some machs running bone stock 12s instead of trying to call me out.
Oh no......I think I will play the 'Gauntlet' game.............I saw a bone stock mach run 12.89@108mph....I did I did.........and it was just yesterday. You should have been there.

Grow up you panzy....Like I said little gauntlet, I did my research..........try doing your own. You called me out...I owned you.........and that is that.........that is enough proof that you dont' know what you are talking about.
Old 11-19-2007 | 12:05 AM
11 Second Club

I did my research..........
Oh yay!

Can I have a peak?
Old 11-19-2007 | 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh no......I think I will play the 'Gauntlet' game.............I saw a bone stock mach run 12.89@108mph....I did I did.........and it was just yesterday. You should have been there.

Grow up you panzy....Like I said little gauntlet, I did my research..........try doing your own. You called me out...I owned you.........and that is that.........that is enough proof that you dont' know what you are talking about.
How long have you been posting here? that was a hugeee thread back in the day when that guy ran a 12.9 in a stock ls-1.......ill see if i can find it and show you the timeslip, so you can stop making ignorant statements