General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

selling camaro, and the "you should buy a ford talk has begun"!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found this!!!!!!! and it was from an unbiased mustang magazine
Old 11-19-2007, 01:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

At least one mustang owner can man up and admit that they are slow
Old 11-19-2007, 01:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this thread=teh suck . . .

Basically:
LS1 fbody>than any late model mustang(except supercharged 03-04 Cobras, 2006+cobras)

Still, when you factor in the cost of a supercharged mustang vs a clean, stock fbody, its pretty much a wash. You can spray a bolt-on ls1 with stock heads, bottom end, etc for pretty cheap and be running low 12's, high 11's for less than the 22-25k a clean 03-04 Cobra would run.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:45 AM
Launching!

Default just my thoughts

Here's my two cents on this. That mysterious 12 second SS camaro....not so mysterious. Hot Rod magazine did two articles on stock SS's. One was on the '01 6 speed, and the other on an '02 6 speed SS. The difference between them in the traps was about a consistent tenth, and both cars' best numbers started with a 12. I also have run a friend's Mach, 5 speed, with cold air, a tune, headers, x pipe and borla stingers behind the over axle pipes. The run started well at about a 2600 rpm launch on nittos, no spin, and powershifting my way to an astounding.......13.8. What's better was the guy in the other lane (at San Antonio Raceway) in his mach ran a 13.1 or .2, I can't remember and said he had every bolt on imagineable and claimed that to be about the fastest you can get without major changes. Another buddy had about the best sounding slowest car at the track and ran a tire shredding 15.2 with limited tire spin out of an '01 GT. I'll give him one out though, his was a vert. My personal worst is a shade over 14 cutting a high 2 second 60 foot on crap kumho tires and an *** end that was squirming all over the place. That beat one of the many many proud stang bangers at the track that night by a good 2 tenths.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GMmexican
How long have you been posting here? that was a hugeee thread back in the day when that guy ran a 12.9 in a stock ls-1.......ill see if i can find it and show you the timeslip, so you can stop making ignorant statements
R U blind?....seriously....where the hell did I say a bone stock LS Fbod can't and won't run a high 12?....SHOW ME THE POST. IN fact, I stated the opposite, stating when I first heard about it, instead of calling BS, I researched it.........I guess that is the difference between me at some others......I look into claims, instead of bashing off of personal beliefs.
Originally Posted by 96autoformula
Here's my two cents on this. That mysterious 12 second SS camaro....not so mysterious. Hot Rod magazine did two articles on stock SS's. One was on the '01 6 speed, and the other on an '02 6 speed SS. The difference between them in the traps was about a consistent tenth, and both cars' best numbers started with a 12. I also have run a friend's Mach, 5 speed, with cold air, a tune, headers, x pipe and borla stingers behind the over axle pipes. The run started well at about a 2600 rpm launch on nittos, no spin, and powershifting my way to an astounding.......13.8. What's better was the guy in the other lane (at San Antonio Raceway) in his mach ran a 13.1 or .2, I can't remember and said he had every bolt on imagineable and claimed that to be about the fastest you can get without major changes. Another buddy had about the best sounding slowest car at the track and ran a tire shredding 15.2 with limited tire spin out of an '01 GT. I'll give him one out though, his was a vert. My personal worst is a shade over 14 cutting a high 2 second 60 foot on crap kumho tires and an *** end that was squirming all over the place. That beat one of the many many proud stang bangers at the track that night by a good 2 tenths.
That's was the problem. 2600 rpm is ideal for stock radials. Nittos have much better traction and can easily launch higher than that. Machs have a much better launch setup than fbods..you can't drive the two the same.....machs first gear is higher, rear gear is higher, and low end TQ/powerband is comparible to an Fbod. Not to mention the power bands are different. What were your shift points? What was the 60s on those mach runs?...2+? And that guy that told you a 13.1 is the quickest for a fully bolt on mach is full of crap. Mid 12s with DRs is the norm. Obviously I have never been there, but I have been told that S.A. Raceway is one of, if not the worst track in TX.

Here is the list on teh Registry.......to give you an idea of what a bolt on mach can do....
http://mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2860

NOW, if you guys dont' want to believe someone that has owned TWO machs, is a regular on teh registry, and has been around these cars since they came out......that is your choice. All I can ask, is that some of you be humble and respectful enough to actually look into it, instead of basing your information on one or two instances. Hell, if I did that......then I would tell you that the LS Fbod's top end is no better than a machs........GIVEN MY Race experience. But I know better..........I know an LS Fbod has a better upper end...and to put the icing on the cake, I know there are MORE horrible drivers than there are great drivers.

Now, if any of you wish to continue this..........send me a PM. One thread already got closed.

Last edited by ponygt65; 11-19-2007 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:02 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,727 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Originally Posted by 1998Z20what?
---IM NOT TRYING TO START ANOTHER FORD VS. LS1TECH FIGHT OR ARGUMENT JUST TRYING TO VENT BECUASE 99% OF US HERE HAVE FBODY'S.---
That is exactly what this has become. Just like every other thread that starts out like this.

Originally Posted by ponygt65
One thread already got closed.
I’m locking this one down too because this section is not about Ford vs GM battles, and that’s all that ever comes out of these threads, which then leads to personal insults and attacks. Everyone has made their point, so it's over.