General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

selling my trans am for a mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have fun going slower! at least get an 03-04 Cobra
Old 11-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Teching In

okay guys...going 1 to 2 tenths slower stock is not going to bother me cause its not going to be stock for long. and i was thinking about getting a cobra and a c5, but the drawback to the c5 is no possibily to seat other people. my car is for me to enjoy i know, but i still like to put some friends in it once in a while. And the cobra, sick but i dont know if i wanna drop the extra 5-10 grand or just make the mach faster the to cobra would be. Hell, i was even thinking about getting another camaro but i think this mach sold me.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who cares what anybody thinks. Buy it, drive it, enjoy it!
Old 11-17-2007, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by slowmaro61
okay guys...going 1 to 2 tenths slower stock is not going to bother me cause its not going to be stock for long. and i was thinking about getting a cobra and a c5, but the drawback to the c5 is no possibily to seat other people. my car is for me to enjoy i know, but i still like to put some friends in it once in a while. And the cobra, sick but i dont know if i wanna drop the extra 5-10 grand or just make the mach faster the to cobra would be. Hell, i was even thinking about getting another camaro but i think this mach sold me.
that mach with the cobra bumper looked good.. I do like machs and they are fast but they simply dont have as much potential as an ls1 and thats limited to their non-forged 4.6... Yes they have an 8.8 but we have the better tranny, even better than an 03-04 cobra and the potential to gain 100rwhp with a cam.

Now if it was forged, then sure, but then youd might as well get an 03-04 cobra and i doubt many here could argue with that.
However, it is your choice of course, and not the worst you could make. Have fun with it and send post some pics.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:11 PM
11 Second Club

cobra is where its at, **** anything else.

unless you want to build some cracked out foxbody, you won't find a better mustang.

Pretty much every other mustang blows. gt500 included btw.

seriously.

EDIT: 03/04 cobra
Old 11-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slowmaro61
I don't understand why you trying to defend your decision. You posted this on an LS1 website, and figured you would get anything other than the response you have already received??? If you are honestly picking a Mach1 over a vette b/c you want to seat your friends...then...well wow....
Old 11-17-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
HA! Last time I checked Ford isn't making anything that can compete with the C6 Z51, none the less a Z06.
Ford sure is "advancing" by building overweight GT cars with sold axles

Old 11-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man you guys get nasty when it comes down to somebody going to the other side. What's the big deal? Hell, I sold my low 11 sec. Lightning to buy a 12 second WS6. I've owned both and like them equally.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

Originally Posted by foreverzero
I guess the Trans Am was to much of a car for him.....
A FURD----A FURD-------
Old 11-17-2007, 05:37 PM
11 Second Club

Yea it's probably around 2 tenths slow stock but that gap grows more and more mod for mod. The LS1's potential is much much greater.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here's a thought...Post this same thread in a Mustang forum and I guarantee you that the results will be the exact opposite. I'm sure we REALLY don't mean to rain on your parade, but fact is you're posting this in a wrong website.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:54 PM
Banned

lol...big mistake buddy i can understand if it was atleeast a 03 04 cobra

Originally Posted by Gaunt
Have fun going slower

*awaits **** storm of stang nut swingers*
Old 11-17-2007, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

LAME ford BLOWS..... stay w. chevy youll be happy in the long run or any run for that matter
Old 11-17-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by ThunderBolt1
Who cares what anybody thinks. Buy it, drive it, enjoy it!

A nice car is a nice car. Enjoy it. But please tell me you'll spend an obscene amount of money in modifications and never be done.

See ya on the open road. I probably won't wave cause I like to keep my hands on the wheel when I'm passing.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:15 PM
12 Second Club

mach1's are pretty sweet. I like the hood and chin and spoiler and all. The interior is pretty cool too. But i dunno.... maybe your just getting an itch to try something new. My cousin got like that too. Had a ws6 and now he has a 99 cobra supercharged and built and its fast.... but now he wants the feel of an ls1 again lol. Some people just have to get it out of their system i guess. I say go for it if you realy want it...but i have a feeling that you might want to come back.... they always do!.... jk. lol
Old 11-17-2007, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ghardester
A nice car is a nice car. Enjoy it. But please tell me you'll spend an obscene amount of money in modifications and never be done.

See ya on the open road. I probably won't wave cause I like to keep my hands on the wheel when I'm passing.
hahaha , well man, you are on LS1Tech what did you expect to hear? "Yeah! Do it, GM is gay"
for the money you're gonna spend your current fbody would kill that or the 03-4 Slobra.
But do what makes ya happy just dont expect us to be happy for you being a trader.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ThunderBolt1
I have a friend that owns one. He ran 12.50 w/ full exhaust and tc only.

The ol KB will fit under the shaker as well. That will turn it into beast!
I'd throw the BS flag if I could find one
Old 11-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Launching!

While I love my Trans Am, I thought my mustang had a better overall fit and finish, mainly the interior. My sail panel in my T/A just broke and I had to superglue it back together, my mustang was solid on stuff like that. Different strokes for different folks, I love the power and looks of my trans am, but hate all the window motor and breaking interior pieces bull$hit. Enjoy the Mach!
Old 11-17-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bluestrat
While I love my Trans Am, I thought my mustang had a better overall fit and finish, mainly the interior. My sail panel in my T/A just broke and I had to superglue it back together, my mustang was solid on stuff like that. Different strokes for different folks, I love the power and looks of my trans am, but hate all the window motor and breaking interior pieces bull$hit. Enjoy the Mach!
if youre looking for superior build quality neither car is winning any awards. at least in high HP versions.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Skipping everything and just replying, Mach I's are nice, and if you're not going to mod ($$ more for the Mach) you'll be set. However, and not to be rude, why did you make this thread? You have 12 posts in 7 months so its not like everyone on the board knows you. Seems kind of pointless to me?