General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

selling my trans am for a mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mach's are nice and can be made fast as hell, just need some weight reduction, sticky tire, and spray. Just out of curiosity, how much more are you paying for the Mach? If your TA was paid off or near paid off and you sold it to buy a Mach and paid a significant amount more then IMO thats just a waste of money.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
HA! Last time I checked Ford isn't making anything that can compete with the C6 Z51, none the less a Z06.
Ford sure is "advancing" by building overweight GT cars with sold axles
LOL what a Nut! The ZO6 is ******* awesome but thats a 70000$ car! Ford is advancing by producing 300hp out of a 4.6 v8. GM caved when they stoped making the firebird/camaro. Fact of this matter is GM hasnt really produced anything to compete (pricewise) with the mustang GT. Dont get me wrong, I would never buy a mustang. My hat is off to Ford because their mustang is still in production & selling good. GM has no answer for the Mustang, other than a 2 year wait (supposively) or an expensive as corvette which is uncomparable to the 27000 GT!
Old 11-17-2007, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what do you mean "no answer for GT?"

they did come out with an LS1, not sure if youve heard....

Its a cool car for what it is, but comon man, line up a GT and a Z and see what happens

And yes there mustang is still in production, but think about it this way, look at the majority of the mustangs out on the road and they are driven by 16 year old girls, pretty big market if you ask me. Im not knocking on them at all for that, companies do what they have to do to get by, doesnt lower the car at all, but you cant say "everyone buys mustangs because there awesome and you gain 4 billion horsepower by removing the rear spoiler"
Old 11-17-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HFLDtA
LOL what a Nut! The ZO6 is ******* awesome but thats a 70000$ car! Ford is advancing by producing 300hp out of a 4.6 v8. GM caved when they stoped making the firebird/camaro. Fact of this matter is GM hasnt really produced anything to compete (pricewise) with the mustang GT. Dont get me wrong, I would never buy a mustang. My hat is off to Ford because their mustang is still in production & selling good. GM has no answer for the Mustang, other than a 2 year wait (supposively) or an expensive as corvette which is uncomparable to the 27000 GT!
He was saying Ford has no answer for the C6 Z51 and Z06. It's pretty well known that the Z06 outperforms even the Ford GT and BTW Corvettes also sell alot more.

I think he was also implying that, regardless of the price differences, GM as a whole has an answer for Ford as far as Mustang sales. They got hurt, but they are obviously able to rebound (as you see the new line of Caddys, etc.)
Old 11-17-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

BTW sorry...
Old 11-17-2007, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowmaro61
yeah as title says...my cars ready to be sold. i fell in love with a mach 1. sorry to inform you guys im jumping ships. haha
TRADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will be slower, won't look as good, and will have regret!!!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

congrats on the new ride man.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by coreyhayman
whoever said a mach 1 is equal to a ls1 is crazy. Both my friends have a newer mach 1 and my other buddy a 02 camaro ss. Its not even a race, my buddies ss pulls away like nothing, both are bone stock.
BS.....so because you have two friends that can't beat another friend they aren't equal in ET.......did be 'pull away' at a 1320 track.....um no.

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
enjoy it. i saw an orange mach for sale i liked alot.

but for the 1000th time. theyre not as fast as ls1s stock.
Yep....CO's are nice........may not be as fast....but they are as quick.

Originally Posted by Gaunt
not sure what your point is....

Mach doesn't come kenne bell stock last time I checked...

Looks almost like every other mustang on the road too, so it's even more of a let down.
Agree with the KB..........but, if you think a mach looks like every other stang...you haven't seen a Sixer, mach, gt, and cobra sitting next to each other.

And your knowledge on machs is laughable.

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
HA! Last time I checked Ford isn't making anything that can compete with the C6 Z51, none the less a Z06.
Ford sure is "advancing" by building overweight GT cars with sold axles
Do you realize the stang GT weighs in extremely close to an equally optioned Fbod?....

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
Have fun going slower! at least get an 03-04 Cobra

Originally Posted by ThunderBolt1
Who cares what anybody thinks. Buy it, drive it, enjoy it!
EXACTLY!!!

Originally Posted by Gaunt
cobra is where its at, **** anything else.

unless you want to build some cracked out foxbody, you won't find a better mustang.

Pretty much every other mustang blows. gt500 included btw.

seriously.

EDIT: 03/04 cobra
See last line to my response to you earlier..and

Originally Posted by ghardester
A nice car is a nice car. Enjoy it. But please tell me you'll spend an obscene amount of money in modifications and never be done.

See ya on the open road. I probably won't wave cause I like to keep my hands on the wheel when I'm passing.

Originally Posted by PhantomR/T
I'd throw the BS flag if I could find one
AS FULL exhaust, CAI, Tune, and DR mach is a about 310-320RWHP/320-330TQ.....that is plenty good enough to run mid 12s. (12.5-12.7). Might want to do more research on cars you dont' own before tossing out a BS flag.
Originally Posted by wabmorgan
TRADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will be slower, won't look as good, and will have regret!!!!!!!! !
Opinions vary.

Look guys....once I saw the title of htis thread...I knew it wasn't going to be good. I wanted to just make one post, and say congrats..........but I am just continuously blown away at the amount of ignorance about stangs on this board. ANd for those that know me..........I realistically defned LS Fbods on stangs boards as well.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RedRallyeZ
what do you mean "no answer for GT?"

they did come out with an LS1, not sure if youve heard....

Its a cool car for what it is, but comon man, line up a GT and a Z and see what happens

And yes there mustang is still in production, but think about it this way, look at the majority of the mustangs out on the road and they are driven by 16 year old girls, pretty big market if you ask me. Im not knocking on them at all for that, companies do what they have to do to get by, doesnt lower the car at all, but you cant say "everyone buys mustangs because there awesome and you gain 4 billion horsepower by removing the rear spoiler"
Dude, you're killin me! The LS1 is cool, but they stopped making them. The LS1's will be a thing of the past because advancements are inevitable! GM cancelled the camaro/firebird- which was the only comparison I was making to the Mustang GT. The ZO6 can only be compared to the GT500 or FORD GT(please wrap your head around this). Im a chevy guy but pride has no relevance because you gotta face the facts! Gm tried with the GTO, lol but that went to hell. For GMs sake, im waitin for them to rise up & hopefully the camaro will put them back on the race cuz FORD IS WINNING!
Old 11-18-2007, 12:26 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
And your knowledge on machs is laughable.
Oh my, touched a nerve did I pretty boy?

As for my "knowledge" of machs, I don't really need much knowledge of them to start with.

They end up in my rear-view mirror regardless.

And while I'm at it, we don't need your useless posts confirming that the mach IS indeed quick, but slower than the ls1.

kthx.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:42 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slowmaro61
okay guys...going 1 to 2 tenths slower stock is not going to bother me cause its not going to be stock for long. and i was thinking about getting a cobra and a c5, but the drawback to the c5 is no possibily to seat other people. my car is for me to enjoy i know, but i still like to put some friends in it once in a while. And the cobra, sick but i dont know if i wanna drop the extra 5-10 grand or just make the mach faster the to cobra would be. Hell, i was even thinking about getting another camaro but i think this mach sold me.
i'd definitely pay the extra $5k - $10k for the '03 - '04 cobra vs. the mach 1 if i had it to spend.....you get the forged motor and IRS (that's a good thing for me, since i like handling performance better than drag racing). then add a pulley/chip/tires and you're off to a REALLY good start.....
Old 11-18-2007, 01:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

LOL what a Nut! The ZO6 is ******* awesome but thats a 70000$ car! Ford is advancing by producing 300hp out of a 4.6 v8. GM caved when they stoped making the firebird/camaro.
A whole 300!? Wow you dont say... So Ford builds a 500lbs engine that makes 300hp in 2005, and GM builds a 390lbs engine that makes 350hp in 1998, what was the argument? (I shouldnt even have to mention the physical size comparison.)

Fact of this matter is GM hasnt really produced anything to compete (pricewise) with the mustang GT. Dont get me wrong, I would never buy a mustang. My hat is off to Ford because their mustang is still in production & selling good. GM has no answer for the Mustang, other than a 2 year wait (supposively) or an expensive as corvette which is uncomparable to the 27000 GT!
Your comment that GM doesn't make anything to compete with the Mustang is no different than mine about the Corvette. And what I meant was the Ford GT is not being produced anymore, and that joke of a Cobra is an overweight, under performing wanna be.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65

Do you realize the stang GT weighs in extremely close to an equally optioned Fbod?....
I was refering to the GT500, which is a GT car (not a sports car like Ford likes to pretend).
Either way thats nothing to brag about seeing the 4th gen fbody was designed in the early 90s, and you're comparing it to a brand new car with a new chassis.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

For GMs sake, im waitin for them to rise up & hopefully the camaro will put them back on the race cuz FORD IS WINNING!
What are they winning?

GM is the world's largest auto manufacturer. GM manufactures cars and trucks in 33 countries and leads production volume for the first 9 months of 2007, and by sales volume for 76 consecutive years.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...mk&refer=japan
Old 11-18-2007, 05:02 AM
12 Second Club

how about the Solstice GTP which is comparable to the mustang in performance and price...14.0 @98 mph for around 27K. not bad for a turbo 4 cylinder .
Old 11-18-2007, 06:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

IMHO: I've read that the seating position is much more comfortable,and the 03-04 Cobra is super fast if not affordable BUT....................they are so generic as to be invisable.I don't think you will get the compiments we all enjoy with our T/As an SS's.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by PhantomR/T
I'd throw the BS flag if I could find one
I don't know what to tell you buddy... I was there and saw it with my own eyes. I could probably produce a time slip if it helps.

Last edited by ThunderBolt1; 11-18-2007 at 06:47 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Finite1
What are they winning?

GM is the world's largest auto manufacturer. GM manufactures cars and trucks in 33 countries and leads production volume for the first 9 months of 2007, and by sales volume for 76 consecutive years.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...mk&refer=japan

All because of overseas sales but the stock is still doing very poorly, almost pushing its 52 week low but should pick up resistance at this level fairly soon

http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quo...2Fintchart.asp
Old 11-18-2007, 07:51 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
i'd definitely pay the extra $5k - $10k for the '03 - '04 cobra vs. the mach 1 if i had it to spend.....you get the forged motor and IRS (that's a good thing for me, since i like handling performance better than drag racing). then add a pulley/chip/tires and you're off to a REALLY good start.....
I thought that the Mach 1 had IRS too.

And to the original poster, who cares what anyone thinks just get what you want, but don't expect people here to agree with your decision. We're obviously LS1 junkies or we wouldn't be here.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:45 AM
Staging Lane

Trans Am > Mach 1..