General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

how much power to beat a gt500

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fccs
ok dumbfuck then your wrong..NORMALLY driven by NORMAL PPL the don't ******* run low 12s. Ill go get the stig from top gear to drive a fbody i guess hed get low 10s then. ..idiot
How am I wrong? I've seen one run 12.3 before. Just because you saw old "Grandpa" out there driving a manual for the first time in 10 years, doesn't mean that is the "norm". What funny is, most people on here think Fbodys run 13.0-13.1 straight out of the gate. Well, that isn't the case, but people believe it. Now please, either get a clue, or STFU. I am tired of reading your worthless posts, about "how" you think they should run, and haven't even been in the same county with one before.

They may be a tad slow from completely stock, but you obviously forgot to read the article in 5.0 magazine when they did a CAI, a/f tune, and DR and ran a 11.7(STOCK PULLEY) for all under $1k. A pulley and a dyno tune would have easily netted a low 11, high 10 time, so please, go back to la-la land and let the grown ups talk.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And at MY track theyve ran high mid to high 13s I guess if the track is different then whatever, actually you know what check these links out they seem to usually be the most accurate of averages for cars.
http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html
look for the mustang in that one then read it off to me.

now look for a trans am and read that off to me. Tell me the amazing difference in times for those two cars..

Okay, it's time to stop going to the dirt track...
Old 12-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Launching!

And at MY track theyve ran high mid to high 13s I guess if the track is different then whatever, actually you know what check these links out they seem to usually be the most accurate of averages for cars.
look for the mustang in that one then read it off to me.

now look for a trans am and read that off to me. Tell me the amazing difference in times for those two cars..
If you notice, those times are for the convertible GT500, which is a good 200 pounds heavier, and those are also with a magazine editor driving. Thanks for reinforcing my point that a couple GT500 with a capable driver is FAR from a 12.9 car...
Old 12-10-2007, 10:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never said fbodys run 13.1 in my eyes there mid 13s with a normal driver, A good driver they could get into low 13s and with stickies 12s easy. argue all you want im done im not going back and forth with your petty crap if you think ur shitstangs are so fast then go ******* buy one and get the **** off of this GM LS1 POWERED OBJECTS forum, we don't have ford powered overpriced 4000lb bricks of ****. Actually how about we just get a thread lock cause all this is is going back and forth how one guy thinks there so fast. Its never going to end.
TECH Fanatic

for that car practically.. If you had slicks or DR's on a fbody running at the track and the gt500 was next to you with street tires, YOU would rip it a new one, get your facts straight moron there not ******* fast there overpriced cars that weigh a shitload. Thats like saying a 04 gto would beat a fbody...since you don't take weight into comparison I'm guessing you would say that even tho it isn't true.. But anyways why don't you just fricken race a shitstang and see how you do first before you start thinking there almighty fast. Id guarantee you'd shut the **** up then after you realize what kind of a idiot you are thinking they run 12s lol. I'm not saying there slow, I mean they got great top end but acceleration wise there not all that great, you could buy a fricken c6 vette for the price of those things and beat one brutally since they take corners alot better then a big brick does that is so un-aerodynamic I think my dogs head would get ripped off if he stuck it out the window of those gt500s.
with a decent driver those cars run consistent 12's.......Im a hardcore GM guy but thats a fact that you cant ignore, but i would choose my f-body over it anyday, i just dont have my head up my *** like you
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 560SL
If you notice, those times are for the convertible GT500, which is a good 200 pounds heavier, and those are also with a magazine editor driving. Thanks for reinforcing my point that a couple GT500 with a capable driver is FAR from a 12.9 car...
and ok..? high 12s mid 13s and now ur suddenly worried about weight, your ridiculous kid
Old 12-10-2007, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

argue all you want im done im not going back and forth with your petty crap
I've heard that used many times before, but they all come back...
Old 12-10-2007, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok kids this is turning into a ford vs GM flame fest again mixed with alot of bench racers
Old 12-10-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

and ok..? high 12s mid 13s and now ur suddenly worried about weight, your ridiculous kid
Wow. I've never seen anybody come back that quick!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GMmexican
ok kids this is turning into a ford vs GM flame fest again mixed with alot of bench racers
It shouldn't be, but some people are just to thick headed to admit they are fairly fast even stock. Once you put the bolt-ons on, they gain a ton of hp. I am in no way degrading the GM crowd, because I simply love their fourth gen engines...

Plus, I like NITROUS!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Launching!

What do you mean "and..ok?" I just proved my point and made you look like a retard.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Black Mamba
It shouldn't be, but some people are just to thick headed to admit they are fairly fast even stock. Once you put the bolt-ons on, they gain a ton of hp. I am in no way degrading the GM crowd, because I simply love their fourth gen engines...

Plus, I like NITROUS!
Ill admit you can be a smart *** jerk sometimes, but your right and he's wrong........we can all agree that its a heavy expensive car but it will still give you 12 second timeslips
Old 12-10-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GMmexican
Ill admit you can be a smart *** jerk sometimes, but your right and he's wrong........we can all agree that its a heavy expensive car but it will still give you 12 second timeslips
Thanks.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mamba , I think we we had enough of your so called "expert" advice . You need some time off to work on your social skills. Buh bye , now...
Old 12-10-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by badjuju342
Mamba , I think we we had enough of your so called "expert" advice . You need some time off to work on your social skills. Buh bye , now...
LMAO this is sig worthy!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

just pointing something diferent a friend of mine destroyed a gt500 at the drag stript fith times in a roll with his turbo b16 on a crx weighing 2000 lb and pushing 380rwhp. I hate racers but the truth must be told. it WAS SAD. the fact is those new gt500 doesn't justify its 500 horses. they are way to heavyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

O.K. - this thread is getting stupid and the answer has already been given by myself and others. The GT500 is a heavy mid to high 12 second car that responds well to mods and has loads of power. It looks pretty cool, but is pricey and was designed as more of a cruiser than a dominant track or strip car. If your F-body runs in the mid to high 12s then you should be able to compete with it in a 1/4 mile drag. Why is this so hard to understand?
Old 12-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Teching In

well, what do you expect with a 2000lb car, i honestly would rather drive a heavy muscle car than a light tuner, just the feel of it is unmatched.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JohnnyC
O.K. - this thread is getting stupid and the answer has already been given by myself and others. The GT500 is a heavy mid to high 12 second car that responds well to mods and has loads of power. It looks pretty cool, but is pricey and was designed as more of a cruiser than a dominant track or strip car. If your F-body runs in the mid to high 12s then you should be able to compete with it in a 1/4 mile drag. Why is this so hard to understand?
Yeah seriously huh, this has gone on long enough.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JohnnyC
theres your answer right there everyone

Quick Reply: how much power to beat a gt500