General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Thinking about selling the car, anyone else have this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 01:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
You getting a Vette?
No, probably not gonna get anything soon. I've already bought more machinery I've always wanted a '66 Chevelle...
Old 12-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldn't de-mod it. The car by itself is probably only worth around $5K (at least around here.. don't know about CA) And how much do you think you'll get for used seats, hood, wheels..etc? That car is very well done and thus worth more than the sum of its parts IMO.

If you're over it, sell it for whatever it's worth and buy something else. (A VW Cabriolet would suit you nicely) It's definately not going up in value with the 09 release approaching.

You could go the 6 speed/new engine route... it'll feel like a completely new car every time you drive it. Just don't expect more than 20-30% back from whatever more $$ you dump into it.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You'll only miss it until you get something nicer. My buddy let me drive his 07 C6, really made me realize how old my car is

With the amount of F-bodies I've seen painted some crazy color, rolling on 24's, and driving like complete ******** lately, I'd say our cars aren't worth too much anymore
Old 12-17-2007, 02:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mistacamawo
You'll only miss it until you get something nicer. My buddy let me drive his 07 C6, really made me realize how old my car is

With the amount of F-bodies I've seen painted some crazy color, rolling on 24's, and driving like complete ******** lately, I'd say our cars aren't worth too much anymore
Ugh stupid ghetto retards lol

But yeah I bet you miss it if you end up selling it..
Old 12-17-2007, 04:30 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Whistler
I wouldn't de-mod it. The car by itself is probably only worth around $5K (at least around here.. don't know about CA) And how much do you think you'll get for used seats, hood, wheels..etc? That car is very well done and thus worth more than the sum of its parts IMO.

If you're over it, sell it for whatever it's worth and buy something else. (A VW Cabriolet would suit you nicely) It's definately not going up in value with the 09 release approaching.

You could go the 6 speed/new engine route... it'll feel like a completely new car every time you drive it. Just don't expect more than 20-30% back from whatever more $$ you dump into it.

Yeah, the 09 is why I was thinking about selling her now. Drive a Goat or a Vette for awhile that will hold its value and then get a 2010.

I think its time to look into engine stuff like we talked about on the phone ...
Old 12-17-2007, 05:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mistacamawo

true, before i deployed i saw a ws6 trans am rolling on what look like 22"spinners jacked up......
Old 12-17-2007, 06:49 AM
TECH Regular

You don't lose money on anything until you sell it, up until then its an investment! I say keep it.