General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

new muscle cars threat !!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not going to read through all this left vs right crap.....i could care less about the enviorment and emissions, I live in california and have always driven v-8's

ITS NEVER BEEN AN ISSUE FOR ME!!!!
Old 12-22-2007, 10:37 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Trans Am Kid
I like you guys. Al Gore is an idiot. He just talks outta his ***.[/IMG]
Al Gore is not an idiot. He's great at what he does. He's making a killing raking in cash hand-over-fist by exploiting the ignorance of the mass public. He's brilliant on the same level as a con artist.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoke Panther
Engineers and car designers aren't paid to churn out the same crap, they're paid to create new and better designs. Thusly, this bill is nothing to worry about. You'll still have your 11-second cars...they'll just be getting 35ish MPG and farting out rainbows
If there were no regulations, it would take 10 times the length of time to achieve the same goal. Hell, it may not happen at all. If there were no regulations, we'd probably run out of oil before the 35 mpg muscle car would be created.

Engineers and car designers ARE paid to churn out the same crap. Look at the companies out there - they're all producing the SAME CAR. They even look the same. Honda, Toyota, Hundai, Nissan...all their cars look the same and have the same features. They're all geared toward the same crowd, and the different classes of cars out there are beginning to merge. Cars are becoming crossovers. It's all the same crap out there and the market is now less inspired than ever!

I go to an engineering college. I KNOW engineers. All my friends are engineers. If there's one thing that engineers DON'T have, it's creativity and inspiration. They wear the same clothes, write with black pens, can't write a paper, spell most things wrong and have less knowledge than a bar of soap when it comes to the fine arts. They're the least creative people in the world, and you think they're full of inspiration? Have you ever MET an engineer?

Engineers like the same thing - consistency. The best engineers are lazy engineers. Ask any engineer and they'll tell you that. Engineers find the easiest, most consistent way out of all situations. That's what engineering is all about - finding the simple solution that works every time. Guess what that is in the car market? The same, boring, plastic 4-door sedan that gets 32 highway mpg that every single car manufacturer has 3 of in their product line.

Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 12-22-2007 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Al Gore is not an idiot. He's great at what he does. He's making a killing raking in cash hand-over-fist by exploiting the ignorance of the mass public. He's brilliant on the same level as a con artist.
__________________ that is the best way to sum up al gore.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
Engineers...
The exception though, engineers in the high performance industry get to make some cool stuff. Think of working on the dodge tomohawk or the bugatti veyron or working for his name eludes me, mr bigfoot chuck whatsisname, or scaled composites or something...

But you're right though, automotive is such high production numbers industry, it's all about minimizing every penny of production costs over a very large scale. The company that saves the most money in production can sell the best value and wins.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:19 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GMmexican
Im not going to read through all this left vs right crap.....i could care less about the enviorment and emissions, I live in california and have always driven v-8's

ITS NEVER BEEN AN ISSUE FOR ME!!!!
A-freaking-men...
Old 12-23-2007, 01:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by myk
A-freaking-men...
whos that girl in your sig? shes hot lol
Old 12-23-2007, 04:23 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find it funny that people are so concerned about air pollution in the U.S. I can see it in areas like L.A. where the hills lock their air into the valley, but for the most part, anywhere east of the mountains doesn't have to terrible of air. Well, Anchorage had some bad air too.

You guys want to see some **** air, come to Baghdad, stand on a roof top and look over the city. Baghdad and Anchorage have something in common, they get most of their power from diesel generators. Pretty much everywhere I've been in Iraq, if you can see a light, you can hear a diesel generator running. There are very few hydro electric power plants, I've seen no wind powered generators, and no solar panels. What do they have a ****-load of here in Iraq -- open expanses and tons of sunlight. It's only rained twice since I got here in May. It's sunny nearly everyday.

My point is, people are so worried about what the US is doing about pollution when there are a lot worse offenders around the world. People in Iraq think nothing of pollution. You can see that by walking down the streets in any of their cities.

The US at least has regulations to scrub the air leaving refineries, power plants and factories. It's not like you can find a passage way carved into the dirt like a miniature canal, filled with oil going into a brick factory like you'll see here in Iraq. They just burn the oil to make their bricks and let that thick, rich smoke blow.

But yeah, blame cars for the worlds problems.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:31 AM
TECH Addict

I'm not too worried about it. Manufacturers will always find a way to get performance in no matter what the regulations, that's what they get paid for.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:59 AM
On The Tree

al gore is an idiot he couldnt count his ***** and get the same answer twice. And screw george bush he's a dumbass If brains were gasoline, he wouldn't have enough to power an ant's motorcycle around the inside of a Cheerio.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

The #1 gas that most contributes to global warming is H20.... maybee we should put God on trial?

The dems keep picking some real winners to represent there party.

Liberals do more harm to the US by polluting the minds of uninformed Americans than all terrorist organizations combined.

The fact that John kerry allmost won the last ellection says a lot about how informed the American people are. Kerry was one of the front runners for the groups that spit on our soldiers after returning from nam. He had a statue in a comunist country made in his honor for his treasonist acts against the US after the war. For those that say it didnt happen my father has memories after he returned that suggest otherwise.

I also believe that if Clinton had answered a few of the several terrorist attacks while he was in office 9/11 may have been avoided. We can also give thanks to Clinton for funding the nuclear power plant in North koria.

Last edited by Jeremiah; 12-24-2007 at 12:45 AM.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jeremiah

The fact that John kerry allmost won the last ellection says a lot about how informed the American people are. Kerry was one of the front runners for the groups that spit on our soldiers after returning from nam. He had a statue in a comunist country made in his honor for his treasonist acts against the US after the war. For those that say it didnt happen my father has memories after he returned that suggest otherwise.
Even worse, after his record time setting tour, he without authorization, traveled and met with the enemy leadership on his own free will and confessed to them unprovable american atrocities in nam. I've seen footage of him giving detailed descriptions of specifiec atrocities commited by us men, well then why didn't he stop them at the time? That guy...
Old 12-23-2007, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jeremiah
represent there party.
allmost won
North koria.
Uninformed americans like the one above. **** happens and we deal with it. as for nuclear who gives a **** the US owns 90% of the nuclear weapons on the plannet. if we want a nuclear free plannet we need to set the example. I work with a guy that said in iraq they would go into villages at 3 in the morning and kick in doors on the houses to look for insurgents. screw that if some foreign soldier kicked my door in at 3 in the morning i'd be pretty pissed. its no wonder why we have so many enemys. These people didnt just wake up one day and say I think i'll hate america today. The doors were kicking in maybe one of those doors is the door of a future dictators house and 20 years from now when hes in power he'll say those american ******** are gonna get what they deserve. as for the epa were screwed gas is only going up and we have to have it. even if it cost $.10 a gallon to make ethanol. were paying $3.25 or better now so if were willing to pay that for gasoline why would they charge much less for E85
Old 12-23-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Powder96SS
Uninformed americans like the one above. **** happens and we deal with it. as for nuclear who gives a **** the US owns 90% of the nuclear weapons on the plannet. if we want a nuclear free plannet we need to set the example. I work with a guy that said in iraq they would go into villages at 3 in the morning and kick in doors on the houses to look for insurgents. screw that if some foreign soldier kicked my door in at 3 in the morning i'd be pretty pissed. its no wonder why we have so many enemys. These people didnt just wake up one day and say I think i'll hate america today. The doors were kicking in maybe one of those doors is the door of a future dictators house and 20 years from now when hes in power he'll say those american ******** are gonna get what they deserve. as for the epa were screwed gas is only going up and we have to have it. even if it cost $.10 a gallon to make ethanol. were paying $3.25 or better now so if were willing to pay that for gasoline why would they charge much less for E85
Those "foreign soldiers" are putting their lives on the line to protect you and your family and all of us. 2001 proved that we are at war and people who know things you and I don't say we need to do this to protect america. If you think the other side is right, then go fight with them.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

hey **** the other side my cousin gene has been to afghanistan and made 3 trips to turkey and my cousin tommy has been to kuwait twice. god bless everyone that has fought over there and any of the families that have lost loved ones my cousin gene gets 3mo home 3mo overseas. I was talking to the marines and was diagnosed with a chronic illness(cant join). I'm no liberal tree hugger but I'm not a right wing bomb enthusiast either. weve tried and tied and nothing works over there. I wish I knew a for sure solution. everyday i hear another soldier has died and it hasnt hit close to home for me yet but i dont want it to. were fighting an idea. years and years ago our country had an idea freedom and if we hadnt won the revoloution we wouldnt have said well guys no freedom for us lets all have tea and crumpets. people cant be forced into submission you have to change their way of thinking.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just because the drive-by media and you say something isnt' working doesn't make it so or not. You and I do not get the important information to even pretend to know if the true goals are being met or not. If you disagree with what's going on, elect someone with what you think is a better solution. Do you have a better solution or just to declare peace on earth, do you think that will really work? Until the next election, the current govt has to make decisions based on information only they have.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

gm just needs to make a car that makes 500rwhp and gets 50mpg and by doing this there would be a mass celebration followed by an everlasting world peace.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

There is a big difference between us, them and the way we use our power or intend to use it. If it werent for the US policing the rest of the world we might have all been dead a long time ago.

And for those villages you speak of, at least there able to sleep at night without fear of chemical weapons being tested on them and there children. Most of these people have lived there entire lives without law/order. You cannot expect to change that in a few years. There way of life is improving every day as well as there childrens futures.

As Americans we take things for granted and cannot begin to realize the magnatude of just how fortunate we are.

My thanks to all who serve or have served our country.

I love this country and everything it stands for.

Last edited by Jeremiah; 12-24-2007 at 12:42 AM.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

hey **** the other side my cousin gene has been to afghanistan and made 3 trips to turkey and my cousin tommy has been to kuwait twice. god bless everyone that has fought over there and any of the families that have lost loved ones my cousin gene gets 3mo home 3mo overseas. I was talking to the marines and was diagnosed with a chronic illness(cant join). I'm no liberal tree hugger but I'm not a right wing bomb enthusiast either. weve tried and tied and nothing works over there. I wish I knew a for sure solution. everyday i hear another soldier has died and it hasnt hit close to home for me yet but i dont want it to. were fighting an idea. years and years ago our country had an idea freedom and if we hadnt won the revoloution we wouldnt have said well guys no freedom for us lets all have tea and crumpets. people cant be forced into submission you have to change their way of thinking.
and what way of thinking is that? contrary to what you hear about from the media, in iraq there are insurgents like those from al qaida that are fighting jihad against americans and there are nationalist insurgents that feel they are fighting a U.S. occupation, well long story short a lot of those nationalist insurgents have joined us. heard anything about the turnaround of anbar province? throughout 2006 Ramadi was one of the most dangerous places in Iraq. today you'd be safer as an american tourist in western clothes than you would as a foreign al qaida fighter. your suggestion that nothing is working is complete ****. whether you agree with the reasons for coming to iraq in the first place or whether you feel that the cost has been too high, we have made significant progress in building this country from the ground up. and the Iraqis themselves have more to do with that than us. just remember it's a lot more complex than USA vs. the bad guys.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:23 AM
On The Tree

well getting back to muscle cars threat i believe that more restrictions will open up more of an aftermarket for cars made before any of the new regulations. but build a better mouse trap so i think theres plenty of hope for the cars to come