General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

ZO6>Z28 help me win

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 02:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z2fast8
ok well tell me wich cam i will need along with intake and headers to be around 400ish hp and something is good for dd purpuse
Friend of mine had a TFS stage 3 cam, patriot heads and a fast 90/90 with a bunch of other bolt on crap. Car made almost 450 and was very driveable.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah you could go with the Magic Stick 3 which is still potent but less aggressive then the MS4 I went with. I wouldn't waste the money on a Fast 90. they cost $1k and alot of the time you don't see more then an extra 10hp over the LS6 intake and it isn't until the upper RPM's. Makes little to no difference low to mid range. I'd say a good set of heads, good cam and a tune and you should be right there. Also finish off your full exhaust and you should be there. They are fast and weigh less. you gotta remember they have one of the best stock power to weight ratio's of any domestic car. Just something to think about. Oh and a roll race is a bad idea. The C6 Z's weak spot is their clutch. If you have a good one and some REAL sticky tires you should be able to take him from a dig. i think 1st gear in them goes to like 61 mph or something like that. so he won't have to shift as early as you~Cole~
Old 12-24-2007, 03:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oh and the LS7 Z06's usually lay down 465 rwhp bone stock. That's on average. I'm sure there are ones with less and some with more. I'd guess that between 450-460 is the more accurate average. They are NOTHING to be taken lightly. Even when i said i dare one to make the mistake of "playing" with me i KNOW that even if i dyno close to 490-500 RWHP, if i f*ck up and underestimate the C6 Z i will lose. Those cars are still lighter then my C5 even by like 400lb's. I'm not gonna be too cocky there because it's gonna be a drivers race between mine and a stock C6 Z but i bet i'll leave the guy scratchin' his head thinkin', WTF just happened? i have a Z06" LOL Better to know the fight your gonna have and you came to the right place. If you see one that says Zr1 in the next year or so, your gonna need a boosted C6 Z06 and a prayer. haha~cole~
Old 12-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Launching!

yea, figure if the car has seen ANY tuning, even without mods your gonna need a full 500 wheel to even hang. theyre lighter more aerodynamic and really shine up top. its a good goal to shoot for. a good h/c combo and a 100 shot should make it a good race.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:47 AM
11 Second Club

Oh wait, if that's a new Z06, first of all that car needs a serious driver mod and second of all you should need at least in the very high 400 rwhp range to have a chance.