General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

WTF car stolen??? WHAT THE @#$% Part 2 - Recovered

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by THE PUNSSHR
Karma will come back and bite them in the *** really hard. Keep us posted on what happens. I'll also keep a look out on other forums and site. I seriously doubt that they would try to sell the stuff in the AZ area. Is there anyway you would be able to tell if the stuff was yours?
hmm that might be possible i dont know if the sts turbos come with a # or what but you never know
Old 01-30-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Fingerprints? no? maybe so?
Old 01-30-2008, 02:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Angry

That is such BS!! SO Sorry for your loss I hope insurace will give you at least 80% of the damage. Somebody really needs a beat down!!!!! Some people need to get a f*(king job and a life!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

Man i'm literally at a lost for words....
Old 01-30-2008, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
Ill bet money the person who did this knows who you are and knows their way around LS1's obviously.
Yeah I REALLY have to say the same.

I hate to say this bro, but I have a feeling the person who did this knows you, and you know him. They clearly know what you had under the hood.

Keep your eyes open.. and good luck.

PS: I don't know about you guys... but if I ever walked into the garage with some ***** pulling my engine out of MY car I worked my *** for so they can get some free money... I would not even feel guilty for popping each one in the freaking head. That irks me so much.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cchris1109
my insurance MIGHT cover the parts on the car that are aftermarket its up for the insurance adjuster to determine if the parts limit the market on my car, or if they increase value.

basically what im understanding is if it makes the car too valuable and makes it so no one would buy the car, they will not cover the mods, but if it makes the car more valuable and more people would buy the car, they will pay for the mods.
I thought I was going to buy your car for full value with all the mods!Others on here had dids on it.

Sorry for your loss.I'll keep my eyes open for you.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:09 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by stefan256
hmm that might be possible i dont know if the sts turbos come with a # or what but you never know
Both my ATI and Vortech head units have serial numbers on them. I am the "registered" owner for them at the respective companies.

Don't know about STS, but they should be the same.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by foreverzero
I figured it wouldnt have an engine when you got it back....it is kinda fishy though, it does seem like they knew you and that they were watching the car for a long time....do you think they are regulars on this website? It would suck tommorrow if you saw your motor for sale on the classifieds or on ebay....TO EVERYONE READING THIS: Search ebay, craigslist, other forums, etc, and see if you see a used turbo ls1 motor for sale and post the listings up and see if we can find it and nail them...I really want to see these guys fry
Exactly....sorry man...
Old 01-30-2008, 03:59 PM
10-Second Club

Dude, sorry to hear about this. Did anyone that may want LS1 parts know your home was being remodeled? Do you think it could have been one of the guys doing the work on your house? They knew it wasn't secure in the garage.

A few years back same crap happened to a car bud of mine. We went to the Barnes & Noble meet over in Pasadena (Houston) and a guy I had recently met that went by the handle 'Tree' here was out in a LT1 Z28 he got from a guy in Austin. It was blown, built motor, had Fikses (or high other high end wheels) on it, and probably any other mod you could think of done. He ran a few people that night & some of them were some thuggish guys in an old beater Mustang 5.0 with a huge shot of N20 on it...it was hoopty looking but ran good....I thought they looked like hustlers myself...anyhow, long story short, his car got stolen out of his driveway that night. Be very cautious about bragging about your car to folks at car meets, especially if you ever drive it & leave it unattended at places (IE people that have daily driven hot rods).

Mine never leaves my sight when I go out in it & I'm usually packing my .45 as well.

Good luck in the future, I sure hope you at least get a decent settlement & if you are lucky, catch the bastage that did it.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:02 PM
TECH Resident

Keep us posted, if they find them let us know, Im sure have the board would take a little road trip and pay them a little visit!
Old 01-30-2008, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

hahah definitely will keep everyone updated

what im still confused on is why they left the wiring harness...it was a clean strip which is very odd in my opinion but some people say they just had time and didnt want to damage components

and they didnt take my headlights or ttops, but i lock those so i can see why they didnt take them i suppose
Old 01-30-2008, 04:55 PM
10-Second Club

If they didn't take the wiring harness, it's because the fbody they are putting it in doesn't need one most likely.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

^ true
Old 01-30-2008, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A story like this just makes you sick to your stomach... pictures make it ten times worse. Wrecked my car last year, and couldn't think of a worse feeling, YOUR SITUATION is a worse feeling. I'm sorry, man. I'll join the rest of the crew in the classified hunt for LS1's, and STS kits. Any chance you could fill me in with the year of your car?? Either I wasn't looking hard enough or I just missed it. Assuming if the person that stole everything tries selling it, he/she might leave reference to the year, assuming of course that they knew what year it was. Either way I'll do what I can in searching any ad I can find. Sorry again. Hope this turns out okay. I know this may not be the case for everybody that's lost their car to an accident or theft, but I know I loved my old car, but finding a spot in my heart for Camaro #2 wasn't too hard after putting a few hours of work into it and making it my own... like I'm sure you'll do with yours. Keep your head up. Good luck, and please keep us posted!
Old 01-30-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

All I can do is offer my sympathies brother. Also I tell you what goes around comes around, and you will land on your feet somehow, someway after all the pieces fall where they may. Those responsible for this low life act will also get what they deserve someday, so keep your spirit up and do not let this break you. Good luck....
Old 01-30-2008, 05:48 PM
TECH Veteran

k, I'll take the fingerprint question as a "no".........
Old 01-30-2008, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
k, I'll take the fingerprint question as a "no".........
sorry, cops did fingerprint the car and only found my own and 2 of my friends but they worked on it with me before the car was stolen....and considering i was with them at the time of my car being stolen...leaves em out
Old 01-30-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

f-that im joining the hunt as well. this **** should stop!
Old 01-30-2008, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Hm talk about a 1 in million.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

Have you talked to the cops about who we talked about? I would very much put my $ on them being the ones that did this being that they had that car for months and knew all that was on it