General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

WTF car stolen??? WHAT THE @#$% Part 2 - Recovered

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 06:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, that sucks. Where did they find your car? Kinda strange, I usually thought vehicles weren't recovered too often.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my brother had his integra stolen right in front of our house when we were sleeping 2 summers ago. its messed up that someone has the ***** to do that kinda crap. car was recovered next day totally stripped. engine, tranny, windows, door panels, headliner...pretty much everything but the wheels so they could roll it down the block.

find out where your car was recovered. talk to some neighbors and ask if they seen anything suspicious the night and following day your car was stolen. it was probably stripped in someones garage and then pushed down the block
Old 01-30-2008, 07:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just a thought, a while back there was a stereo shop that would install systems, then later those cars would get their said systems jacked. Heres my point. Did you have any of that car built at a local shop? I mean not just dyno tuning, but something where you had to drop it off and leave all your info? One of the thugs at that stereo place was noting the address of the high dollar systems and ripping them off. Yahoo maps would give them directions, its not hard. Im not saying the speed shop jacked your car, but it would be easy for one crooked ******* that worked there to tell a friend where to go..... or even make a copy of your key..... Just a thought.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

I'm getting pissed looking at the pics.

I'm sorry, man. Let us know what insurance covers.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cchris1109
i have a 2 car garage just the whole house was being remodeled so was unable to park in the garage...i was weary since day one
That's ****** figures. Sorry Dude! I've left my car doors unlocked twice in a year, got my radar jacked both times. How the **** do people know when to steal ****.

Let us know how it goes.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:56 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Yep. Agree with those that say an "inside job" is possible. May not even be someone you really know. Just someone who has seen your car parked and observed the rear mount turbo or someone who checked out your car at a meet but didn't even talk to you.

Years ago someone jimmied the side door to my garage at my apartment complex and made off with a brand new Spec stage III kit and McLeod master that were awaiting installation on my car. I have always suspected a certain shady neighbor in the complex, but of course had no proof. It was just a strong hunch.

My babies are always locked up inside at night. I'm a light sleeper with an automatic within arm's reach.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Teching In

Those pictures make me Sorry about your car man.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:47 PM
10-Second Club

Also, people that usually steal cars to sell stuff off of them typically take the seats.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cchris1109
sorry, cops did fingerprint the car and only found my own and 2 of my friends but they worked on it with me before the car was stolen....and considering i was with them at the time of my car being stolen...leaves em out
Only fingerprints were yours and 2 of your friends? I'm sorry if this sounds really rude or anything, but if those were the only fingerprints, and they had worked on your car (aka knew what you had and how to work on it) is it at all possible one of them may be responsible?

Sounds awful to say that I know. But how long have you known them, are they good friends or more of acquaintances?
Old 01-30-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

looking at the pics....did they take your hood and transmission? Im surprised they didnt take the seats and t-tops. They were defintly after that STS kit, Im sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace
Old 01-30-2008, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

man that sucks.... i have the same color car i think. those bastards its time to kill
Old 01-31-2008, 12:26 AM
On The Tree

Damn man, sorry to hear. Hope you find the ******** that did this and make 'em pay. I've never had a car stolen before, but quite a few stereo's have been stolen. They always seem to make the mistake and sell them to people we know. Good luck.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

the peoples fingerprints are trusted friends and were with me the time it was stolen, also thelostartof i told them but they dont have any leads with him..considering he "vanished"

could be that certain character or not, maybe this person did it to get back at me or what not...not sure...i can only speculate why my seats were not taken

my ttops were locked and i guess that stopped them enough...

insurance adjuster comes on friday at noon, hes gonna be like wtf why seats and harness still here?? hahaha
Old 01-31-2008, 06:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^ best buy was in a big law suit a few years back because their car audio installers made copies of the keys or made it easy to disarm a system that they installed...I think they had something like 30 different systems jacked and the cops finally realized one common factor, all installed at the same place and the same signatures on the receipts.

I really feel for ya man
Old 01-31-2008, 10:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wow that's horrible.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by venomhp
^^^ best buy was in a big law suit a few years back because their car audio installers made copies of the keys or made it easy to disarm a system that they installed...I think they had something like 30 different systems jacked and the cops finally realized one common factor, all installed at the same place and the same signatures on the receipts.

I really feel for ya man
I have had my car done at Kustom Kar Sound, which is not nationwide i believe, only the state of AZ

I have also had my car worked on for 2 months at AZPS and then for a couple weeks at PSR.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:12 PM
On The Tree

sorry man i dont no what i would do:bas
Old 01-31-2008, 01:15 PM
Staging Lane

yea if he just up and vanished then I would for sure say that person has some of his friends or ex workers go after the car as there is a lot of history there. Have any and all of your friends call around all shops in the AZ area and socal area asking for LS1 engines, the set of heads, maybe the turbo or even trans that you had saying something like they blew theirs up and are looking for a cheap one to replace it with

and your block should be the stock block right? it will/should have a serial number matching the car as almost all later model cars had those i think
Old 01-31-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

man i'd be callin up CSI, FBI, forensic files or something on there ASSES!!!
Old 01-31-2008, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

New update:

Insurance adjuster comes over tomorrow at noon to look at the damage, I plan on buying back the car and using that money to modify the car back to what I had. My friends are helping me out and this will be my best build yet.

Today I went and bought items I can not disclose so no one will steal it again haha