General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Police Inerceptor Camaros

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

woah - totally just tripped into this thread, I'll agree with most of the B4c guys in here. . .it's pretty much a debadged z28 - mine says B4C on the car but my title says z28. I will however disagree on a few things (with the LT1 cars only) as i dont know about the LS1 cars. the lt1 that I have has the oil cooling line that everyone was fighting about. how do i know this you ask? - I've taken it off and put it on several times. . .(repairing leaks ect) and the formula I drive does NOT have any of these lines on it. I cant say anything about the suspension really. In the formula I drive the sway bar looks a little smaller and that's really all I've noticed. Honestly - I doubt it is smaller just visual characteristics makes it look that way - plus i bought my b4c with suspension upgrades on it so *shrugs* i cant really defend that. but i will defend the cooling lines. (what little of them there are) other than that it was a de-badged z28 - OH my alternator looks a bit bigger on my b4c than the formula. but like I said (all visual opinions) honestly i don't feel much difference between the two cars. my camaro feels a little more torquey but i has a few after market bolt ons. . . .like most of the B4c guys said pretty much a z28. haha - I even have a video of a cop on my myspace saying all these macho things about the b4c just for the lulz (if any of you other b4c guys have seen it - it's the one that has the guy saying "the b4c comes with the corvette lt1 and chip" then he wreaks the car into a guard rail chasing after that supercharged bmw) haha makes me laugh every time. - if anyone needs picture proof of what I'm talking about I'll drive out to my shop this week and throw both cars on the lift and take a picture of both.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the info.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
If it's the same damn question that's already been asked a million times, then folks do have a right to get a little agitated. We have a search function for a reason.

Some of us get tired of seeing threads started by people that are just too damn lazy to search for the answer, or others who just believe and redistribute every piece of information that they hear, read or simply want to believe.

That is the very reason for the search feature. There's no need to ask a question that can be easily looked up. We're not a bunch of ********, we're just tired of answering the same damn questions over and over again.

so.......let me get this straight..........S E A R C H, right? thanks for pointing that out a few times, just in case i didnt get it........

i read every page of this thread and am smart enough to ask questions that arent already answered, i can read.
dont remember seeing any about the glass before, but i just learned about the search thingy a few seconds ago, thanks again.

and for what i was saying about the supposed options that are on the cars.........maybe, just maybe it has something to do with the fact that 99.9% of the other police optioned cars came with HD/SD, reinforced, lightened parts on them is the reason wyh people have been commenting and asking questions about the B4C cars. not everyone has access to your insightfulness, sorry. we are just morons that like to look at pictures and drool at the sight of the pretty colors.

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
You have 42 posts, and already you're an expert on how everyone should handle threads.
not an expert on threads, just pretty good with people. i have 42 posts on this site, but 31 years of trial and error with people in person. so sorry about my lack of high numbers, i drew a 13 in front of the 42 on my screen, i hope you can see that i am not a noob to LS1TECH anymore......
something about honey, vinegar.......and catching something? cant quite remember cause i have been learning all this cool new stuff on the big gray box that says computer on it.

hey, did you know theres something called search? i wonder if it works in real life too?

you know, like i was searching for some info.......
i did this search and found a thread about cop cars and there were a bunch of irritated guys..........
i searched my pants and found this thing with a crack in it.....you should do a search and see if you have one too. if you do, take your comments and shouve them up it.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

p.s. asking a question is a form of search that we used to have to do before your 'search button' came along.
i like the old fashioned way personally........
Old 02-05-2008, 04:38 PM
TECH Veteran

The search is hit an miss. I know I been through it a bunch of times and it comes up with a bunch of posts with 90% of the replies telling you to do a search, or read stickies that really do not have what you might be looking for. Thats informative huh.

There was not alot of options for these cars when they came out, but there were some. lol. One thing is for sure getting a 3.23 rear in a F body was not limited to a B4C. Neither was the option for a hardtop. Plenty of hardtop SS's running around and Z28's without the B4C option. I think that its safe to say your questions have been answered though. If you search by Goggle and find out more about what other cars have, well chances are the Camaro didn't have it. What they have said is basically it. The block heater was an option for all the cars. Depending on where you lived, no **** you will not find one on one if it was ordered for Florida or Arizona

No matter how you look at it though. I got in again before the lock
Old 02-05-2008, 04:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by KriegerEhre
I will however disagree on a few things (with the LT1 cars only) as i dont know about the LS1 cars. the lt1 that I have has the oil cooling line that everyone was fighting about. how do i know this you ask? - I've taken it off and put it on several times. . .(repairing leaks ect) and the formula I drive does NOT have any of these lines on it.
The oil cooler wasnt limited to the B4C. You could get an oil cooler on any Z28, SS, T/A or formula. All of the 6-speed cars Ive worked on have had them. None of the 2.73 cars Ive worked on have had them. Not sure if this means anything, but I just wanted to point out that the oil cooler isnt a B4C only option.

Jeremy
Old 02-05-2008, 05:45 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ONE EYE
i searched my pants and found this thing with a crack in it.....you should do a search and see if you have one too. if you do, take your comments and shouve them up it.
Try searching your head, and see you find a brain in it. Maybe it fell out of that crack you found in your pants.