General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Police Inerceptor Camaros

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 04:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HotRodV6
i friend of mine had a 94 Z28, and said he put in the B4C LT1 cam and reflashed him PCM with a B4C program and the car screamed? He worked at GM dealer and was the only guyt hat worked on the Local B4C cars when they came into the shop. I thought the LT1 cars did have a different cam and tune in the PCM, but the LS1 cars were just a debadged Z28.
Did you read the thread?
I'm almost convinced that working at a dealer guarantees you know LESS about your cars than anyone else.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by troopercar
Did you read the thread?
I'm almost convinced that working at a dealer guarantees you know LESS about your cars than anyone else.
SOOO very true! I think the dealerships/dealer mechanics make up 90% of the BS that gets spread around about different cars and trucks....
Old 02-03-2008, 01:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by YellowB4Z
Is your car a B4C or a Z28 that was equipped as a patrol car? We had both here in indiana. A few of the sherrif cars were Z28s with t-tops.

Jeremy
It's a B4C.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:22 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
It's a B4C.
Sweet. Love the color.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

now dont go jumping all over me here, but i read that cop cars had a shatter resistant glass in the doors (and i would assume hatch/rear window) do any of your f bodys have that?

and its not a rumour, i did a google the other night to find something to post on here about the fact that B4C cars were not 'super optioned' and i found a site that was an internet newsletter for the government vehicles. they posted about the options that you could get from the factories for law enforcement and the handling, and performance. basically its like a motortrend article comparing the stopping distances, top speed, and handling of pursuit cars. the oldest archive was fall of 2002 so the F body was already cancelled for comparison, but they did mention it.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ONE EYE
now dont go jumping all over me here, but i read that cop cars had a shatter resistant glass in the doors (and i would assume hatch/rear window) do any of your f bodys have that?

and its not a rumour, i did a google the other night to find something to post on here about the fact that B4C cars were not 'super optioned' and i found a site that was an internet newsletter for the government vehicles. they posted about the options that you could get from the factories for law enforcement and the handling, and performance. basically its like a motortrend article comparing the stopping distances, top speed, and handling of pursuit cars. the oldest archive was fall of 2002 so the F body was already cancelled for comparison, but they did mention it.
Would you stop already.....Everyone has told you what these cars are about now it is time to just stop...Mods its time to lock this thread....
Old 02-05-2008, 03:08 AM
Staging Lane

18th paragraph down, and i dont know what your problem is. i was asking a ******* question.

http://www.policeandsecuritynews.com...tation2003.htm

theres a wealth of information on the net, along with bullshit like the stuff in this thread. maybe if you took the time to read what i wrote, and then got curious enough to actually check, you may see what i am talking about here....
Old 02-05-2008, 05:05 AM
11 Second Club

18th paragraph down, and i dont know what your problem is. i was asking a ******* question.

http://www.policeandsecuritynews.com...tation2003.htm

theres a wealth of information on the net, along with bullshit like the stuff in this thread. maybe if you took the time to read what i wrote, and then got curious enough to actually check, you may see what i am talking about here....
Its total BS. When I bought my 94 B4C there was shattered glass all over the place down in the spare tire well. The rear hatch glass for the f-bodys was made here locally at Pilkington glass. My fiances sister was head over quality control and she says that is total BS. They made two types and ONLY two types of f-body hatch glass. With defrost and without. The side windows are also NOT shatter resistant. My friend can vouch for that when his passenger side window regulator in his 97 B4C went bad and his window went down at an odd angle and shattered all over his girlfriend. PLEASE stop with the retarded made up BS!

Jeremy
Old 02-05-2008, 06:32 AM
11 Second Club

my front end is made of cast iron and i carry a payload of 2 rocket pods and a mini-gun, but I have the longbow version
and no known weapon can break my driver side window
Old 02-05-2008, 08:05 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

So many people don't read this thread that it should be a sticky so that even more people will ignore what information is already there

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 02-05-2008, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh yeah well I read that the factory installed a 4 point roll bar in the B4Cs

Here is the proof

FYI: I hope none of you think I am serious
Attached Thumbnails Police Inerceptor Camaros-b4c-1-.jpg  
Old 02-05-2008, 11:35 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
So many people don't read this thread that it should be a sticky so that even more people will ignore what information is already there
Ain't that the truth!
Old 02-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

ok guys, i know that you are all probably tired of the question. but flipping on everyone that asks one is probably not the way to do it.

if your that tired, why even bother reading this thread? just bypass it and let us 'retarded' guys keep going. there does seem to be a few guys in here that are as fed up enough to actually answer the questions without insults and degrading 'moron mentality' comments.

its been the same since words were invented, if you dont know for sure, ask someone that does.
if he comes back like you guys are, just assume he is an *******.

i have been asked about my face since 96 and not once have i got rude, because not everyone knows.

chill the **** out, or quit reading. i dont go into threads where i am fed up with peoples comments, you guys should try that. less stressful....

p.s.after reading through the link again, they were making the shatter resistant glass in 03/04 so if it makes you guys feel better............me learned sotin' frum awl yur halp. duhh huhh huhh huhh
Old 02-05-2008, 01:09 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

ok guys, i know that you are all probably tired of the question. but flipping on everyone that asks one is probably not the way to do it.
If it's the same damn question that's already been asked a million times, then folks do have a right to get a little agitated. We have a search function for a reason.

if your that tired, why even bother reading this thread? just bypass it and let us 'retarded' guys keep going. there does seem to be a few guys in here that are as fed up enough to actually answer the questions without insults and degrading 'moron mentality' comments.
Some of us get tired of seeing threads started by people that are just too damn lazy to search for the answer, or others who just believe and redistribute every piece of information that they hear, read or simply want to believe.

its been the same since words were invented, if you dont know for sure, ask someone that does.
if he comes back like you guys are, just assume he is an *******.
That is the very reason for the search feature. There's no need to ask a question that can be easily looked up. We're not a bunch of ********, we're just tired of answering the same damn questions over and over again.

chill the **** out, or quit reading. i dont go into threads where i am fed up with peoples comments, you guys should try that. less stressful....
You have 42 posts, and already you're an expert on how everyone should handle threads.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Cop Car

B4C cars ARE special. they are the only Camaro F bodies that are V8s without being Z28s. like i said before, SSs cars are just Z28s. also standard on Auto B4Cs were the 3.23 gear, aluminum drive shaft, power steering cooler, no t tops, body color tops (just like V6s) B4Cs could be ordered anyway you wanted them. they could have leather seats, monsoon, 6 speeds or any of those other options could be ordered by a department, or like most in 2002, by individuals. NO B4C is a Z28, and NO B4C EVER came from the factory with T tops. there was talk of heavy duty wiring, that dosent exist. another thing that i dont understand is the trans cooler thing. ALL the cars just have trans coolers that are in the radiator. they dont have an external trans cooler.

I've heard of them having a higher output alternator, I can not confirm since my car does not have the OEM one. My car also has the foam-rubber steering wheel instead of the leather Z28 one. The lower control arms are supposedly 1LE pieces with the stiffer rubber bushings in them. I think the B4Cs were also limited to the 3.23 gears in the automatic cars. The 2.73 ratio was not available. Mine had a block heater also. Not sure if that was an option or not.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Regular

Block heater here too.....and the standard alternator on its way out. Pretty sure they didn't do anything special for that.

Block heaters usually dependent on where the car came from. Mine's a ex colorado.

I don't have another car to compare lower control arms so no clue on that. They also ALL came with z rated tires. duh on that though.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Banned

I don't remember there being a POLICE PACKAGE offered, but. What might it have different:

Suspension - perhaps worthless and worn out with all the hard miles. I sure as hell would look at this car on a lift.

Interior -

Electrical - high capacity - These things have pc - dash cams - radios - phones - etc..

Brakes - might be larger - or vented

Fuel Tank - might be larger

Tires - a very high speed rating..

I would ask to see the title. See if anything is mentioned. I would also ask for a carfax. it will identify who owned it..

Someone isn't saying this for extra value are they?

An old man and his dog - Jake
Old 02-05-2008, 01:57 PM
11 Second Club

shut up

Old 02-05-2008, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 02-05-2008, 02:57 PM
11 Second Club