General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Finally got an LS1 *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcalus
Yeah, I am not sure how the rims are "ghetto", "rice", "hood".
Well, then you're hopeless.

Just because they are 1" bigger than alot of rims people get?!
Nope. Only a few 18" rims (most of which are only 18" in back) can be pulled off on a fourth Gen F-Body that's set up correctly. Your rims are ghetto and the car isn't set up right at all for 18" wheels.

See the Black T/A above? Much better stance. Of course, the rims are still too thin and it suffers from all the other performance problems.

Some F-Bods look great with 18" rims while still running good times. Yours does neither.

BTW, one of my fave F-Bods is a black LT1 Camaro with 19" and 20" iForged Aeros.

And the fact that you talk about Vettes and their wheel choices when you have an LS1 Camaro just shows how little you know about matching wheels to cars.

This just has more of an attention grabber.
That I'll agree with!!!

The plus thing about having no traction is I dont have to worry as much about my 10 bolt breaking.
That statement is so stupid I quit reading the rest of your post.

If you just like the wheels and care nothing about anything else, then fine. It's your car. But don't go trying to talk about performance or attempt justify your choice. Don't tell us not to bash your wheels or tell us we're the ones who are messed up in the head, or tell us we're just being clones because we, as the vast majority, share the same good taste in wheels.

I'm done now.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharpe
The people who are saying that you shouldn't get rims like ZR1's because you'll just be a clone are the type of people who put body kits and ricer tail lights on their cars. Look through the cheezy F-Body thread in the appearance forum. Hey, those crs are "differnt" and not "boring." They also look like homomobiles.

Your car can be different without having retarded rims that make the car ride for **** and make it impossible to get traction. This is an LS1 Camaro. Not some 200 rwhp ghetto ride. I mean, you already have a black stinger stripe, black corners, black grille, and black headlights so it's already different. Put some black 17" rims on there and have one sweet ride that handles better, rides better, and catches traction better. You sound like you're not too hapy with the rims. Sell the *************.

Whatever you do, don't waste money on performance. You've done killed that ****. Why even have an LS1?
ive had 20" rims on my last LT1 camaro and they didnt spin any worse than the stock 16"s..there is NO difference. they both suck for traction. so why not look good. not sayin you have to go that big, but if so fine. he can always get some rims for the DR's.. i have black 18's with the shiny lip and also aftermarket tail lights so i guess my car sucks cause its imitating a ricer right? for u to be up here for so long with so many posts u sure do tear down peeps rides and have gotten away with it for too long. o and one thing. the word GHETTO used to explain your idea of what a camaro is with big rims is wack. we all know what u are getting to with GHETTO. so i guess a BLACK man can't drive a camaro with chrome dubs or so. bet u wouldnt tell it to his face.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:53 PM
12 Second Club

By aftermarket tailights do u mean Clear tails??

Originally Posted by ncz28ragtop
i have black 18's with the shiny lip and also aftermarket tail lights so i guess my car sucks cause its imitating a ricer right? .
Old 02-21-2008, 05:08 PM
12 Second Club

Nice car man. Looks good, probably look even better with some AR tt II's.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sharpe

And the fact that you talk about Vettes and their wheel choices when you have an LS1 Camaro just shows how little you know about matching wheels to cars.
:
Are you kidding? So many people have vette rims its crazy! Go ahead and tell me people that own LS1's dont know stuff about engines and rims and vette's...Looks like you know me pretty well then eh?

I dont mind what people say about the car, I want peoples advice and what not but for you to tell me, I dont know ****.....mmmk buddy!

M

Last edited by mcalus; 02-21-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:14 PM
Teching In

o yeah i just the new issue of GM high tech performance(mainly camaros, GTO's and Vettes) today and wouldnt u know that one of the featured cars in there has your exact rims in 19"s like u on a GTO. looks hott. guess the most popular magazine out for our cars didnt think they were "ricey, or ghetto."

keep the rims
Old 02-22-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks....Yup keeping the rims, at least for now.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ncz28ragtop
ive had 20" rims on my last LT1 camaro and they didnt spin any worse than the stock 16"s..there is NO difference. they both suck for traction. so why not look good. not sayin you have to go that big, but if so fine. he can always get some rims for the DR's.. i have black 18's with the shiny lip and also aftermarket tail lights so i guess my car sucks cause its imitating a ricer right? for u to be up here for so long with so many posts u sure do tear down peeps rides and have gotten away with it for too long. o and one thing. the word GHETTO used to explain your idea of what a camaro is with big rims is wack. we all know what u are getting to with GHETTO. so i guess a BLACK man can't drive a camaro with chrome dubs or so. bet u wouldnt tell it to his face.
It is ghetto to put 20's, sorry buddy. Your car must be stock ( and staying that way) if you think there is no traction difference between 20's on rubberbands and stock 16's.Have you heard of parasitic loss? I would guess no. I would bet 20's weigh more as well.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i would also paint the calipers red.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crapyboy750
i would also paint the calipers red.
I was debating between red and black.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Teching In

haha look at this. if u all are gonna say ghetto then this is when to use it look...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3001342
Old 02-22-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Addict

That's your response? Oooo k
Old 02-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Did anyone mention that the car looks good...except for the rims?
Old 02-23-2008, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by unit213
Did anyone mention that the car looks good...except for the rims?
Yeah...I think they covered that...lol
Old 02-23-2008, 12:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by asphalt.angel
I hate it. I hate it all!!!!!!

;D

Don't mind me. I'm just throwing some haterade at you b/c you have an LS1 and I don't. I'm just being a jealous bitch. Hahaha!

Looks good.. and yeah, those wheels do kinda throw it off...

Paint em pink, that'll fix it!!! ;D
move to hawaii good selection of ls1 cars up for grabs
Old 02-23-2008, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm going to go against the norm here and say - I hate the car and love the rims!! How's that for being the bastard??? lol

JOKING - LOVE THE CAR AND THE RIMS ARE BETTER THAN SALAD SHOOTERS!! ( I know they were not the stock wheels for this car, just makin' a statement)
Old 02-23-2008, 12:36 AM
12 Second Club

car kicks ***! besides the ghetto rims. sorry you have been told that a lot though man.
but you asked
Old 02-23-2008, 12:52 AM
Banned

ya paint ur calipers red
Old 02-23-2008, 03:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mcalus
I have been looking for an LS1 for some time now, some of you may have seen this on here before.

What do you think?
Originally Posted by DBEST369
car looks sick, personally idc what other people think
Old 02-23-2008, 07:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chavez885
That's your response? Oooo k
well u said what u had to say so i let it go. i presented that link because i was surprised that 22's could even fit on an F-body, and that 19's are not that big comparing to it. the new 2010 camaro will have 20's on it. so will that be "GHETTO" too? good dont buy one then. yes my 20's weighed more...but other than that like i said and i'll say it again that they were no worse for traction than the factory 16's.

anyways come on man its 2008 now. chrome 19's arent big enough to even say ghetto anymore. yeah it would be huge on a civic but a 3700 lb fbody?
im just askin to be more >>>OPEN MINDED<<< toward new appearances on these cars, thats all.