General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

what should my next mod be....

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default what should my next mod be....

ok so i bought my car a few months ago and have big plans for it for the future...rear,built tranny,turbo,gears,suspension etc etc

i want to learn it before i start doing major changes like rear and tranny build so i was thinking about doing the full suspension this summer but i was thinking about doing something else as well with my tax refund (Around 800 bucks ish) i was thinking 4.10s but i really want to learn more about them before i decide....

so does anyone have input on what they think i shoudl get? or if i should get gears, could you try to explain a little better to me?

mods right nnow are:
cam 224/230
comp hardened push rods
comp 918s
tex oz 700 clutch
short throw shifter
ls6 ported heads

if that helps
Old 03-10-2008, 12:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well you could start by reading this sticky: So you wanna be fast?

For now I would go through and change all the fluids and filters to familiarize yourself the condition of your car and take away any doubts about what has or hasn't been changed. Who knows, you may find some after market stuff you didn't know you had in the process.

Depending on how many miles you have you may want to Seafoam it and then change the plugs and wires.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by waldershrek
Well you could start by reading this sticky: So you wanna be fast?

For now I would go through and change all the fluids and filters to familiarize yourself the condition of your car and take away any doubts about what has or hasn't been changed. Who knows, you may find some after market stuff you didn't know you had in the process.

Depending on how many miles you have you may want to Seafoam it and then change the plugs and wires.
yea the car has 62xxx miles, im gonna change the oil/filters and then start on my suspension and go from there
Old 03-10-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

TORQUE ARM OR REAR END :p
Old 03-10-2008, 04:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

I would do suspension now because power is no good unless you can put it to the ground. I wouldnt do gears I would save up for a 12 bolt, 9 in. etc. instead of spend the money on gears only to trash the 10 bolt a year later. I would figure out what kind of rear you want to go with if you do so that the suspension components will work with that rear.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

you don't have any exhaust? LT headers, ory, cutout and your choice of magnaflow, LM, borla, etc
Old 03-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tylergarceau
TORQUE ARM OR REAR END :p
suspension will include the torque arm....rear end to follow maybe next winter for a haul....

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
I would do suspension now because power is no good unless you can put it to the ground. I wouldnt do gears I would save up for a 12 bolt, 9 in. etc. instead of spend the money on gears only to trash the 10 bolt a year later. I would figure out what kind of rear you want to go with if you do so that the suspension components will work with that rear.
well i know i will pretty much only be runnin on the "street" so i was told a ford 9" would probably be the best for my use.....

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
you don't have any exhaust? LT headers, ory, cutout and your choice of magnaflow, LM, borla, etc
i have pacesetter LTs, TSP, true dual flowmaster single chambers
Old 03-12-2008, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i also recommend a rear. You may pick up a used Moser or something with gears already in it. ~Cole~
Old 03-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ColeTrains'96Z28
i also recommend a rear. You may pick up a used Moser or something with gears already in it. ~Cole~
and where "may" i be able to get this????
Old 03-14-2008, 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

4.10's will probly break