General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

ever get discouraged?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 08:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Just have fun.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm like a modding crack head. Waiting for my next fix. Never enough. I may juice the f@#$ing thing.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yea i was at first thinking heads and what not, and that turbo would be nice, but now i may just throw some nitrous on there and be done. it looks like a really nice cheap way to get a lot of power, and only when i want it. so it wouldnt be to crazy. of course, i may still get some heads. would a stock 10 bolt be able to stand that with my mods?(sig) if anything would it be able to stand the nitrous w/o heads?
Old 05-04-2008, 12:39 PM

I'm 430rwhp/403rwtq with a 10 bolt.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:40 PM

4.10 gears too.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Will it make you feel better if you actually sold the car for a truck? You would kick your own *** for it. Just cause someone has a TT viper or a TT cobra doesn't mean ****. Those are serious HP cars. Race them from a dig and you won't feel so slow next to them. Your traction > their spinning. I honestly don't mind losing to a vette or a modded cobra. If I got beat by a TT viper I would just laugh. That **** is for fun and they're out of my league. I NEVER get discouraged. The 01 Black ws6 I have is the car i've been wanting for yearssss... I'm not gonna let a car twice as fast discourage me any.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you sell the car for a truck, you're going to feel even worse when pull up next to a honda with a folger's exhaust. And selling the car for a sportbike, seriously.. why? To race cars? that's pretty lame, if you have a bike and can't beat a car, then you may as well just set the bike on fire.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's always someone faster... but that doesn't mean you'll never be top dog. Don't think that you'll NEVER have cars like the ones these guys drive. Life's long, you don't know whats going to happen...
I think of cars, the same way I think of the gym, there's no way most of us are ever going to look like Arnold in his prime, but that doesn't mean we're all going to sit around and become fat slobs because we don't have his genetics....
Old 05-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

Eh dont worry, soon enough gas will be so high we'll all be driving vespa's

then we'll be modding those
Old 05-04-2008, 02:23 PM
12 Second Club

^^^^^^^^^^^ gas is projected to be ~$7/gal by next year
Old 05-04-2008, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you won't be happy with the truck they are thirsty. when i drive mine (5.3L) it seems like none of the pedals do anything. push the gas and it won't go. push the brake and it won't stop. F-bodies are alot of fun to drive and you will miss it if you dump it.

as for as lambos go do you know the differnce between one and a porcupine?
the porcupine has the ****** on the outside.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AcademyRumblebees
Eh dont worry, soon enough gas will be so high we'll all be driving vespa's

then we'll be modding those
"i got me vaespa, its a 383CC stroker, got a 25 shot of nos, forged internals so i can do that." lol **** would be hilarious. id get a sand rail before id get a vespa.

edit: actually id shoot myself before id ever get a vespa lol
Old 05-04-2008, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by razorclaw99
^^^^^^^^^^^ gas is projected to be ~$7/gal by next year
If that's true, i'm going to be storing my car while im in college and riding a ******* bike to work/school. I think an american revolution will break out before 7$ a gallon.
Viva la resistance.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Banned

another day brightener.................take a ride in a 93 camaro 3.4 auto...........lol then put yourself in the shoes of the person thats thinking " dude i just got this awesome 4th gen f body, i love it and i am going to mod my 3.4 to make it faster"..............after he drops thousands in mods to get smoked by an 02 grand am GT hes gonna see you fly by him and say the same thing " im dome with modding i think i can never have a car like that" and boom there it is in the local news paper classifieds "chevrolet 1993 camaro, many mods, quick fun little car, 150k, 1300obo" just be happy u own an ls1 trans am......an 02 ls1 TA at that...........i am sure there are alot of people just on these boards who would love to own your car, if u dont believe me than go ask everyone in the LT1 section, everyone in the 6 banger section and probably everyone in the GTO section..........not to mention the skys the limit with the LS1, save your money be easy on the motor and simply bolt on a magnuson MP 112 and call it a day on Z06s and ferraris alike
Old 05-04-2008, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

Man I felt the same way you did 22 years ago and got tired of my 67 camaro because I did not have the money to do anything else with it. I decided to let it go and get and get something else. Now I wish I had my 67 back. Do yourself a favor and hold to what you have. Don't let other expensive makes get you down you never know what will happen in 20 years.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got discouraged once.. when i traded my 05 gto for my procharged 01 ss camaro.. I was not thinking the camaro would drive like a freakin racecar, but once i got it home, and started to think of the goof who put 24k dollars in mods in it, i thought.. you know- im not really discouraged anymore.. lol
Old 05-06-2008, 10:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

when i look at the cost of modding and how much i make at my age i get real discouraged....cuz i can barely afford bolt ons and if i went with heads cam that would lead to upgraded suspension and a stronger rear so it just cannot happen.....but i love my car, sometimes i see like a c5 zo6 and think if i trade mine in and take out a loan i can get one of those but theres no point cuz after that ill see a c6 z06 n say dam if i trade in my c5 i can get that and it just doesnt end so i say stick wit ur baby that youve alrdy put so much blood sweat and tears into, cuz at the end of the day my car puts a huge smile on my face and its far nicer than 90 percent of the cars on the road
Old 05-06-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I got discouraged when I had to buy a replacement V6 for my camaro, took the money I was saving for body work this summer and I really didn't want to buy a V6 motor for it Was intending the only motor I was going to buy for it was an LS1. Shoot this darn thing has cost me more than I paid for the car itself in repairs alone now Hadn't even gotten to do any mods yet since I don't even have the base to do it. Argh..
Old 05-07-2008, 11:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not really. I work hard for whats done to my car, and do everything myself. And I think I am doing pretty good for a 18 year old.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

OP, with your mods you are going to be disscouraged at just about any show you go to in DFW. Don't get me wrong but unless you have big-cubes/Nitrous, or a forged FI application, you won't stand out. Don't feel bad, The car scene is pretty good in dallas, and there is a lot of money. Honestly, I feel that i have a decent ride and most of the time I don't get a second look at the shows when I am home (from DFW). I wouldn't worry about it though. I don't know what stage in your life you are at (broke kid, young professional, blue/white coller) but the old addage says it all
"It don't take time, it just takes money".

BTW, there is always a bigger fish. The guys with TT vipers are looked down upon by the guys who drive the porsches who are looked down upon by the ferrari/lambo guys, who are looked down upon by the guys that own their own jets ext. ext. Its never enough, believe me! so just be happy with what you got.