General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

TA got backed into yesterday.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 03:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slw ls1
That sucks, you got lucky you caught her.

I had something similar happen to me. About 3 months after I got my SS it was sitting on the street infront of my GF's house cause her driveway is to steep to for me to get into. Her neighbor was backing out and thought she had more room than she did and backed right into my front bumper/fender. Trashed my bumper, fender, head light, and fog light. Thank god it didn't get my hood. I got really luckly cause she called the cops and actually came to my GF's door and told me what happend once the cop got there. She gave me her insurance and a copy of the police report so I didn't have to pay a dime. She was in a 94ish 300zx and all it did to her car was scuff up the rear bumper . The final bill was something to the tune of $2400 bucks that her insurance had to pick up, along with my rental fee.
wow, thats lucky, not many people are that honest. there should be more people like that now days less that hit cars, but you know what im sayin
Old 06-13-2008, 03:43 AM
Launching!

Well its not so much Geico being slow. They have been treating me great, its just that neither them nor i can get ahold of the damn cop to get any information that we need. I`m about ready to just get it out and go raise hell in town until he finds me. I`m just at a ******* stand still because i don`t know what the hell to do. I don`t know if i`m supposed to be taking the car to body shops to get estimates or what.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:03 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 96autoformula
When I park at wal mart I take up 4 (middle of 2 side to side, and middle of 2 front and back) just because some jackass will park right on top of me if i take ONLY two. I actually had some moron in a Neon SRT 4 park right on me when I parked this way so i deflated one of his tires for him just to be a nice guy.
that is just plan retarded?? why the hell would u do that? its basically like ur asking for ur car to get fucked with! maybe if ur car was an LS1 then u might be able to park like that
Old 06-13-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ae13291
that is just plan retarded?? why the hell would u do that? its basically like ur asking for ur car to get fucked with! maybe if ur car was an LS1 then u might be able to park like that
Old 06-13-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Resident

I hear the gecko got linched last night. jk I have issues.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Launching!

I left a note with a tag # before with a hit & run I witnessed. Gave em my cell # and we busted the stupid broad who tried to deny it. Some people are just ********. Its always the stupid ***** that hit you and drive away I swear.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slw ls1
That sucks, you got lucky you caught her.

I had something similar happen to me. About 3 months after I got my SS it was sitting on the street infront of my GF's house cause her driveway is to steep to for me to get into. Her neighbor was backing out and thought she had more room than she did and backed right into my front bumper/fender. Trashed my bumper, fender, head light, and fog light. Thank god it didn't get my hood. I got really luckly cause she called the cops and actually came to my GF's door and told me what happend once the cop got there. She gave me her insurance and a copy of the police report so I didn't have to pay a dime. She was in a 94ish 300zx and all it did to her car was scuff up the rear bumper . The final bill was something to the tune of $2400 bucks that her insurance had to pick up, along with my rental fee.
That never happens. If someone actually had the ***** to fess up to their actions (which you will hardly ever see) like she did, I'd do something small for her just for thanking her for being respective.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:19 PM
Launching!

Finally an update. The cop finally called me back yesterday and i can pick up the police report on Monday. So by Tuesday i should be able to get the ball rolling and my baby looking like new again.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:11 PM
TECH Resident

Dang bish! We just look on the bright side. Things are going to be repaired. Unfortunetly it happened. I GUESS thats why they call them accidents, or IMO acts of stupidity, or ignorance.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're kinda lucky cause it doesn't look like she damaged the quarter panel.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike -
Sorry to hear about that. I know exactly how you feel because same thing happened to me last summer, someone backed into me on the passangers side door and it cracked all over, then they ran... Caught the bastard theo! and oh yeah made him pay for the damage, layer, and some time behind bars... apperently he was wanted for something.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 96autoformula
When I park at wal mart I take up 4 (middle of 2 side to side, and middle of 2 front and back) just because some jackass will park right on top of me if i take ONLY two.
I hope your not serious.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Gordon0652
Mike -
Sorry to hear about that. I know exactly how you feel because same thing happened to me last summer, someone backed into me on the passangers side door and it cracked all over, then they ran... Caught the bastard theo! and oh yeah made him pay for the damage, layer, and some time behind bars... apperently he was wanted for something.
Thats good at least we had him off the roads for a little while why he was sitting in the clink. Stupid drivers **** me off.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:53 PM
12 Second Club

just saw the pics, sorry to hear! Atleast it was only the door. Hopefully she gets fixed up like brand new!
Old 06-17-2008, 03:16 PM
TECH Resident

Yep, the quarter and most likely the car would or could have been totaled!
Old 06-17-2008, 05:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sslateron
Yep, the quarter and most likely the car would or could have been totaled!
How so?
Old 06-17-2008, 05:17 PM
11 Second Club

OH man just looking at those pics breaks my heart. I still dont understand how half these people can even get a drivers liscence.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Launching!

welcome to the club
some kid decides he wants to be in the right most lane starting from the left and takes out my pass side. Then he tries taking off, thinking hes going to get away from me in a Maxima. Lucky i didnt drag him outa the car at gunpoint. People like this shouldnt have their licenses. He says he didnt see my car. How bout here it *******? i was runnin a borla with no cats and dumpers. and just to add insult to injury, i had just detailed the car for 4 hours andwas taking it to a car show the next day with a for sale sign taped onto the rear window! Took out the fender, door, and quarter panel. $1650 acutal cost to fix.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by oberth1
welcome to the club
some kid decides he wants to be in the right most lane starting from the left and takes out my pass side. Then he tries taking off, thinking hes going to get away from me in a Maxima. Lucky i didnt drag him outa the car at gunpoint. People like this shouldnt have their licenses. He says he didnt see my car. How bout here it *******? i was runnin a borla with no cats and dumpers. and just to add insult to injury, i had just detailed the car for 4 hours andwas taking it to a car show the next day with a for sale sign taped onto the rear window! Took out the fender, door, and quarter panel. $1650 acutal cost to fix.
Holy **** man that sucks. Also i got another update, The cops are being slow as hell and i still have not gotten the police report. But i finally got pics developed from the actual scene of the accident and it had a clear pic of the other drivers license plate so i gave the plate number to my insurance company and they said they should have the other drivers insurance info in a couple days. So hopefully there not giving me the run around either.