General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Factory Shortcomings...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1_K1DD
If you dont think they are precious and you dont own an LS1, why dont you GTFO off the forum?

To each his own. And it is used for true weight reduction, as it drops weight off anything. Ricy in your own opinion. I guess the new ZR1 Vette will be ricy since under the hood, the side scoops, and even the interior is lined with carbon fiber. You sir are a
im talking about carbon fiber inserts in places that they dont belong.... as in on the dash, oron the little black triangle by the sail panal. I just think it looks tacky, as for a car that actually uses it as weight reduction, then thats all good
Old 06-25-2008, 07:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by newton
I think some of you are seriously living in denial about F-bodies.

They are far from perfect. But I don't complain, or really care.
no car is perfect but damn I LOVE MY F-BODY! just lowered it and got some wheels for it, and all of it worked out perfect! traded my dad for the wheels and got the lowering kit for my b-day! I need to update my sig. One day FAR FAR away I am gonna tear the motor completely apart and twin turbo it and fully build it. Put a 9" and put a roll cage. We are the original owners and my dad gave me it so I will hopefully give to my future kids
Old 06-25-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

the set up I was talking about is good stock but once you build it you loose any advantage you had, no mpg, torque steer, no traction, you have a honda hatch, and the list grows!
Old 06-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Launching!

Fbody short comings- THE ******* ALTERNATOR, The 10 bolt rear, it's kinda heavy, high insurance rate (not true for everyone, this is a generalization)

Honda short comings- it's an econobox, low power output (usually needs a swap or FI to get going), shitty timing belt

now i'm sure there are more for both sides but these are the main points i'm reading. a turbo'd or built honda will NEVER be as reliable as an LS1. period. arguing this is pointless. The Honda will get better around town milage but about the same on the highway. and to be honest, you'll always look like a jerk in a Honda, no matter how fast it is. you'll always have the ricer stigma around you, no matter how much of a tuner you are. Hondas were meant to get you from A to B with the convieneces of A/C, radio, and all the other options. if you want to make it fast, go for it. but you will end up working a lot harder to do so. just my 0.02.