General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

blah blah whats my car worth blah blah

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default blah blah whats my car worth blah blah

Well, I'm 19 and I'm gonna be starting college this fall. I was thinking about selling the ta and buying a bike. Gas blows in my car. Just wondering what you guys would "list" my car for... not buy. Let me hear what you guys think. Also it's my DD and by doing so the miles are going up and i'd rather sell it now to get more money out of it. Most people look for the low mile ones first...right?

2001 Black on Black WS6 40K miles.
6 speed.
Power everything.
Leather
12 disk cd changer
t-tops.

Mods: Lid, P&P TB, Pacesetter LT's, True Duals, 4:10s, PHB, SFCs, and Pro 5.0 short stick. Free mods.

Appearance: I have all the specialized stainless steel from Steve. I polished my ac canister and my brake lines. Wire mod. Drilled/slotted rotors. Black painted calipers. Black w/ chrome lip C5 wheels with Falken 452(if i remember) tires w/ 90% tread left. Corsa tips. Painted all sidemarkers and third brake light black. Chrome "ram air" decals on the hood. Have a hotchkis STB coming that is used that I am going to polish(the 275 dollar one). Fog light/running light black outs. 5% tint out back and 35% on sides. I know there is more.............................................. .........................IF YOU DIDN'T FEEL LIKE READING IT, IT IS QUITE OF BIT OF APPEARANCE MODS....A LOT OF BLACK

Few pics:

Old 06-29-2008, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

In the pics the 3rd brake light and rear side markers are not blacked out..
Old 06-29-2008, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

you're 19... get your dad to sell it for you or remove those mods... i know you dont race or abuse the car blah blah
Old 06-30-2008, 01:00 AM
TECH Addict

lol I'll be selling it myself. Bought it myself i'm pretty sure I can sell it too, buddy. Like you, I had a 2000 v6 firebird. Mines not sold, it's totaled. I got hit...by an 18wheeler I might ad. Used that money on a down payment on this with some extra money of my own. I still owe 4k. I race it. I don't abuse it. I am probably a more responsible driver than you. I gun it 3-4 times a week...? That includes the weekend cruses... Some kids can actually afford and work for their own ****!

To anyone who wants to answer what I had originally asked, I'm all ears.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:06 AM
TECH Regular

Should be able to get close to 16-17k for it. Veeeery nice looking WS6 you have there!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 08:14 AM
11 Second Club

Why not keep it if you only owe 4k.Put it in storage or keep it at home when your in school.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
you're 19... get your dad to sell it for you or remove those mods... i know you dont race or abuse the car blah blah
I think he just meant that by an older person selling the car it is assumed that is taken care of better than a younger person and would bring more money.

Your asking price depends on how fast you want to sell it. If you don't need to get rid of immediately, I'd ask $18K for it.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Car seems to be in excellent shape--if I was in the market, I'd definitely be interested. I'm gonna say $15K, give or take is what it's worth.

On the other hand, are you prepared to freeze your ***** off on your bike in the winter? A bike is a logical choice, what with performance and mileage in one package, but the winters up there are pretty harsh.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:56 PM
TECH Addict

I would keep it if I could buy another car. They won't let me. If I do get another car the ta has to go outside. I only get the garage for the "convenience", not because my car is in perfect shape and only has 40k miles. Plus we are in the process of moving and I won't have a garage to park in. I'd rather sell it than have to worry about my car. Driving to work round trip would be 1 hr 15min. Then school is a good 50min round trip. All highway. Too many miles.

I guess I should list it for 17.5 and see how it goes.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bet u could get 17-18 if u can afford to wait until the right buyer comes along
Old 06-30-2008, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

I say keep it and the one guy had good advice about having dad be the front man on the sale..no belittling that I saw.
As to price..well, youve got to aask yourself "do you NEED a car like this?" well no, nobody needs a car like this, but do you WANT a car like this one? oh yeah baby, if I had an extra 17,000k in the bank and was tired of driving the "girlie" V6 model you used to think was fast, and your disposable income rivals that of the Catholic church (which youll need to feed the fuel and insurance rates) then this Goliath is EXACTLY what you want baby!
Old 06-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Launching!

As mentioned, 17-18K is a good asking price. I would probably list it for 18K and shoot to get about 17.5 out of it. gorgeous car BTW.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
lol I'll be selling it myself. Bought it myself i'm pretty sure I can sell it too, buddy. Like you, I had a 2000 v6 firebird. Mines not sold, it's totaled. I got hit...by an 18wheeler I might ad. Used that money on a down payment on this with some extra money of my own. I still owe 4k. I race it. I don't abuse it. I am probably a more responsible driver than you. I gun it 3-4 times a week...? That includes the weekend cruses... Some kids can actually afford and work for their own ****!

To anyone who wants to answer what I had originally asked, I'm all ears.
What he means is, you can get more money for the car if someone thinks it was adult owned and driven. People are going to think you beat the **** out of the car and did not take care of it. I don't care or want to hear your not like that, blah blah blah. Just shows your age. It's what people think, and selling a car, that's what it's about, not your ego.

An older person can sell the car for more. Also remove the mods. You will get more for an unmolested car.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I was looking at two similar cars, one being owned by a 35 year old and the other by a 20 year old.....I'd buy the car from the older person. I know how I drove cars when I was young.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

I'm leaving all the mods on there if I sell it. I don't have any of the stock parts. But yea of course i'm gonna let my dad show it and act like it was his. I thought he was implying that I'm a young dumb 19 year old who doesn't need one of these cars.. especially what I have done to it so far. I know a lot of people look for unmolested cars but this one is untouched internally. I would not ever buy a car with cam/heads but that's just me. I'm gonna talk to my dad and see if me and him are gonna sell it or if he is gonna let me buy a DD. I don't like driving this car as a DD. Too much hassle. I want a auto 4 banger to get around in.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
I'm leaving all the mods on there if I sell it. I don't have any of the stock parts. But yea of course i'm gonna let my dad show it and act like it was his. I thought he was implying that I'm a young dumb 19 year old who doesn't need one of these cars.. especially what I have done to it so far. I know a lot of people look for unmolested cars but this one is untouched internally. I would not ever buy a car with cam/heads but that's just me. I'm gonna talk to my dad and see if me and him are gonna sell it or if he is gonna let me buy a DD. I don't like driving this car as a DD. Too much hassle. I want a auto 4 banger to get around in.
if you could do that, that would be the way to go, you'll regret selling your car....

also mine is my DD, and yea its a bit of a hassle, but for the most part people dont mess with your cars, at least not on my campus
Old 07-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Teching In

a good amount
Old 07-02-2008, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

clean car man! here's what I think... you have to remind your dad that you only owe $4k on it, and the car is in tip top shape. the parents I know of either my own or my friends are impressed when people our age can pay something off. congrats by the way for getting so much of it paid off at your age if you sell it, you're going to want another one eventually... especially when you get that DD beater car. you'll realize how much you miss it. if you got... say like a cheap economical car ($4k or $5k)... rack the miles up on it, then drive that ws6 when you feel like it. a $4k economical car isn't going to hardly cost anything if you opt for liability insurance.