General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Just got my license!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 12:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the responses guys. But the thread really wasn't on getting an LS1 as a first car. Mostly just advice about driving in general that I need. (like the cruising only on right lane) But I do appreciate all the replies

Originally Posted by 406malibu
qft

also, piece of advise, dont "curse" or argue with someone who can (and will) fail you for no reason. should have just let it go, so what he told your mom to get out of the car, thats standard procedure, you are the only one allowed in the car when you take your test.

good luck next time
He said it in a nasty tone. It's not like he said "Excuse me" or "Could you please get out". He said it in a bad tone and even had some type of bad attitude when he was getting her license and registration. I'd rather walk or take the bus somewhere not having a license then let some guy talk bad to my mom. I don't care if it was my dad or brother, but I don't want someone even talking the wrong way towards my mother. I'm not going to lose my pride and her respect just so some guy passes me. But I might have been just overreacting now that I think of it because I'm always like this with my mom. lol

Anyways...2 weeks!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:42 AM
TECH Regular

Also the arguement about the 10 and 2 and 9 and 3 thing. 10,2 was taken away because of the position of your hands if you were in an accident and the airbag goes off. You are more likely to smack yourself in the face with your hands in that position or break your arms. With the 9 and 3 position your hands will blow outward smacking your passanger so you will be ok .
Old 07-09-2008, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like someone counted their chickens before they hatched.

Anyway... Good luck with the retest in two weeks.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CamaroLover
Thanks for all the responses guys. But the thread really wasn't on getting an LS1 as a first car. Mostly just advice about driving in general that I need. (like the cruising only on right lane) But I do appreciate all the replies

He said it in a nasty tone. It's not like he said "Excuse me" or "Could you please get out". He said it in a bad tone and even had some type of bad attitude when he was getting her license and registration. I'd rather walk or take the bus somewhere not having a license then let some guy talk bad to my mom. I don't care if it was my dad or brother, but I don't want someone even talking the wrong way towards my mother. I'm not going to lose my pride and her respect just so some guy passes me. But I might have been just overreacting now that I think of it because I'm always like this with my mom. lol

Anyways...2 weeks!

i understand you were defending your mom, but he wasn't like "get out bitch" lol sometimes it just helps to bite your tongue when your talking to someone of authority (boss, cop, driving instructor, etc.) in the end you usually end up with a better deal if you show a little respect, even if you dont think they deserve it.

like i said, good luck next time.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ryan33187
Also the arguement about the 10 and 2 and 9 and 3 thing. 10,2 was taken away because of the position of your hands if you were in an accident and the airbag goes off. You are more likely to smack yourself in the face with your hands in that position or break your arms. With the 9 and 3 position your hands will blow outward smacking your passanger so you will be ok .
I literally lol'ed...haha

Originally Posted by 406malibu
i understand you were defending your mom, but he wasn't like "get out bitch" lol sometimes it just helps to bite your tongue when your talking to someone of authority (boss, cop, driving instructor, etc.) in the end you usually end up with a better deal if you show a little respect, even if you dont think they deserve it.

like i said, good luck next time.
Yeah I know. My mom didn't seem bothered by it either so I was probably just overreacting. Thanks
Old 07-09-2008, 02:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are also ways of handling those situations. It's admirable that you stuck up for your mom, but swearing at the guy and being more rude to him than he was to your mom in the first place isn't the way to go about it.

Next time, "I'd appreciate it if you didn't talk to my mother like that" will do just fine.

It's reasons like this we all tell kids like you not to get fast cars and whatnot at your age, because you handle heads up situations with immaturity.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by thmass6
There are also ways of handling those situations. It's admirable that you stuck up for your mom, but swearing at the guy and being more rude to him than he was to your mom in the first place isn't the way to go about it.

Next time, "I'd appreciate it if you didn't talk to my mother like that" will do just fine.

It's reasons like this we all tell kids like you not to get fast cars and whatnot at your age, because you handle heads up situations with immaturity.
Immaturity and having too much pride are completely different.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:58 PM
TECH Junkie

16 now...have an MCSS and a LQ9 powered 69 Nova....just be smart. You don't have to prove to everyone that your car is fast, trust me.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Resident

Welcome to the world of people not believing in young kids having fast cars. I had a H/C lt1 for my first car. I am a responsible driver. Had my license for about 6 months with no tickets or wrecks. Learn to respect the car you drive and you will be fine. My brother had a SS when he was 16 and never got any tickets until he was 19 and has still never had a wreck that was his fault. Dont let these people discourage you to not get the car you want. Do what you want as long as your parents approve.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyways...2 weeks!
typical new jersey attitude. grow up kid.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by slayerized6
typical new jersey attitude. grow up kid.
You must be the type of guy who's ***** shrivel and you go hide in a corner if someone talks disrespectfully to your mother. Typical Long island attitude. "be a bitch"
Old 07-09-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

You must be the type of guy who's ***** shrivel and you go hide in a corner if someone talks disrespectfully to your mother. Typical Long island attitude. "be a bitch"
dude, you just proved my statement with that reply. its a friggen driving instructor that was in a pissy mood because of people like you, learn how to pick you battles.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Launching!

Typical East Coasters, won't shut their mouths.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 5SiX1
Typical East Coasters, won't shut their mouths.
hey...

its actually NORTH east coasters
Old 07-09-2008, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh please

at least my ny pizza and long island pizza blow you outta the water. and we beat you in the civil war

can someone say
Old 07-09-2008, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slayerized6
oh please

at least my ny pizza and long island pizza blow you outta the water. and we beat you in the civil war

can someone say
all i can say is long island ice tea F T W
Old 07-09-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

hahaha nice
Old 07-09-2008, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah... but happy cows come from california. pwned.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

got me on that one....damn
Old 07-09-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

He said it in a nasty tone...
What are you some sort of ******* girl or something?

"It's not what you said it's the way you said it..."

Give me a break. Try taking the panties off and putting on some big-boy pants.