General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

The Lug from Hell!!!! And its a Stock one too!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008 | 08:25 PM
Banned

I'd take a 4 1/2" grinder to remove the backside of the stud and knock it out with a center punch. Shouldn't even damage the hub at all if you can do it like that.

Last edited by 9000th01ss; 07-17-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-12-2008 | 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

or a carbide drill bit, will go through metal like hot butter
Old 07-12-2008 | 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

hmmmmm you are correct sir lol, nah all he has to do it punch the center of the stud with a punch and start drilling right in the middle of the stud. had to do that **** cuss i stripped a few nuts on my studs
Old 07-12-2008 | 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

This is a bit late but should have done the trick.

I have seen these used on some crazy ****.

Reverse Socket from Hell
Old 07-12-2008 | 10:19 PM
12 Second Club

it almost looks like the JB weld did nothing for you at all but make it harder to get out. lol. looks like you glued it in there even more.
Old 07-12-2008 | 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn!!! well now that the whole assembly is off just drill the back of the stud and take that SOB out!!
Old 07-12-2008 | 11:15 PM
On The Tree

That **** was crazy!...Congrats on finding "a way to go!"
Old 07-12-2008 | 11:47 PM
12 Second Club

My god some of the lack of atten to info is funny,

1) JB Weld was used on the KEY in such a small amount as to get it to lock to the Lug. Not just put on the lug... not sure why someone who do that... so no JB Mess there... not to mention the Air Hammer would have killed any chance of that long ago lol.

2) I took it to a shop that used an air hammer/chisel on it. My addition was the 3 holes that are all close to one another... I do not think I did to bad a job with some cheap bits from Autozone on a deformed lug nut. *Shrugs* But hey maybe some more presumptive comments would save the day!

Everyone else, thanks, but since I have a few extra hubs laying around from another front end I pulled apart I am just going to swap it out to go on the car I am selling. This one will get my Upgrade setup. I just could not get it off lol. (Again see either Monkey with Air gun or rusted on since it sat for a year or longer).
Since I did not need this rim but did not want to kill it since having a roller around for god knows what never hurts... I wanted it off. I gave my wife the others and just got another from a friend who no longer used his stocks in favor of C6 Wheels. My C5's are already on the rear, once the brakes and rack are done I will be done for a week or so until the new Motor is ready to go in and then I get to pull it all apart again lol.
Old 07-13-2008 | 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by samson_420
This is a bit late but should have done the trick.

I have seen these used on some crazy ****.

Reverse Socket from Hell
Those sockets work good, but not in this case, because the nut is so badly damaged. There is no room around the nut to get the socket in there. I have a whole set of those sockets in my box. Im glad to hear you found another way to get the stud out. I have had to cut or drill them many times from the back side. I never had to do it for ones that are too tight, because if my impact and socket will bite it will break the stud off before it strips the nut. I have had to do it for stripped nuts that wont back off though.
Old 07-13-2008 | 12:00 PM
12 Second Club

Old 07-13-2008 | 12:05 PM
Launching!

I've seen this happen too many times in my line of work. It's sad!
Old 07-13-2008 | 12:10 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
Oh trust me I got this part. I would have kept that info to myself.
Then its obvious your hide from anything you do that you think others might look down on you for. It seems your ruled then by internet persona and what others think of you.

I personally could careless what someone with your worth to me would think. Your obviously not here to contribute because you could not. I would suggest you go on to another thread for boosting your online ego, in the end you might find that I will make it not worth your while to play smart *** with me
Old 07-13-2008 | 12:26 PM
TECH Resident

Wow, glad it worked out for ya. I've had that happen before, but not that bad. Can't imagine the frustration you had on that one. I had an easier time w/ one once, had to use the pb blaster, high powered dremel and try to grind 6 sides on it for a socket, then use a torch (messed the hell out of the paint) quickly smash it on, and use an air gun. It wasn't on an f-body though. At least the problem is done w/ now

take it easy

mark jr.
Old 07-13-2008 | 12:27 PM
12 Second Club

Wow, either way when it comes time to buy a new 16" Silver 5 spoke, let me know. I will have a set for sale.

*EDIT* Nevermind, I see you already found a spare.
Old 07-13-2008 | 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cross
Then its obvious your hide from anything you do that you think others might look down on you for. It seems your ruled then by internet persona and what others think of you.

I personally could careless what someone with your worth to me would think. Your obviously not here to contribute because you could not. I would suggest you go on to another thread for boosting your online ego, in the end you might find that I will make it not worth your while to play smart *** with me
lol +1

oh and 9000th01ss why does it say you have a 03 camaro?
Old 07-13-2008 | 01:06 PM
12 Second Club

Yes I picked one up so this will be a full size spare I guess... when I stop being lazy and remove the stud lol.

It was not what I was hoping to go through but its done now. But I do have to say, this is the most interesting way I have removed a wheel yet.
Old 07-13-2008 | 04:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
Thats so every dick head who see's that can correct me on it.
If you were so ******* smart you'd also ask me how I got a 1983 vette since none were released to the public.
Really, why do I care about your so called personal life? It clearly exists online as you just attacked someone else for something you did to amuse others... yeah... (Whom I have never talked to before also, seems you have a few other "Friends" here)
Is that something like the guy who trips as says he "Meant to do that"?

Should I start listing my cars? Or is the E-Dick contest not worth the effort to realize you yet again are just in angst that someone pointed out you had white goo on your hand still?
Old 07-13-2008 | 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow, this is a bit ridiculous, cross came on here on a TECH site, to ask a TECH question. just because you would have stayed with it, others might think to look online and ask for other peoples opinions to make the situation easier.
Old 07-13-2008 | 05:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by reject
had to do that **** cuss i stripped a few nuts on my studs
Am I the only one who found this funny?

Anyway, I have had to do this a few times before and I have done many things to remove them but this is just insane!
Old 07-13-2008 | 06:18 PM
12 Second Club

My I skipped over your post to me let me deal with that.

So because a Tire Shop (I know the atten to Detail with you is hard, maybe we should draw a picture with Crayons for you or MS Paint... will that help you?) destroys a Lug and I have to find a way to get around it I have a mullet.
(I know this was hard for you since you have a hard time reading. I have some Midal to help with those headaches. Try slowing down and reading while comprehending and you should understand how the lug got damaged as it was in the pics. Remember Deep Breaths and take your time.)

How about this, your to stupid to read an comprehend, obviously if this is true your too stupid to use the Internet or work on your cars that have the wrong dates (Intentionally you claim because your just cool like Joe Camel I guess) and your going to run your mouth to someone for what reason? Oh that's right you were not thinking, I am sorry I forgot.

However lets see some of the fun you have done over time here:
--You start an E-Dick Contest over a thread that you have no way of contributing to (See your next action below) and so you make a remark trying to boost your ego and then use some baseless excuse for how you do not have an online Persona that is all you seem to care about and why you would not tell others the truth... So basically you have no Integrity (Since I am sure I used to many words for you to understand)
--You have to ask members which O2 Sensors to use with your car, here is the KING of modding everyone. he needs help picking an O2 Sensor. Then he gets upset everyone is laughing at his stupidity for having to ask lol.
--Next you do not even get proof of an item you CLAIM to have given someone out of state... and then come on the Internet to cry about it when paypal blows up in your face.... Yeah here's the jewel of intelligence we have come to know.

Should I keep going for your jewels of Wisdom? How about the one where your belt squeaks with the AC Compressor on or off and you can not figure out why you think its belt brand... WOW There's a rocket scientist folks!
Who wants to be first in line to let this genius work on their cars? Maybe he can borrow this mullet I supposedly have *Shrugs*

Did you solve your Problem with the O2 Sensor on your own? But you made a post that you were ignored in... hmm... Should I connect the dots further for you?

SO what does a LIttle JB Weld on the Key to fill the Spaces further and trying to make a locking agent to hold the key long enough to break the lug loose have to do with the picture of the wheel you posted that the Tire Shop tore up? Oh thats right, Nothing... Hmm must be that thinking process again I am working to fast for you aren't I.

Last edited by Cross; 07-13-2008 at 06:23 PM.