General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I cant stand people who think they know what their talking about.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 12:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best people are the ones who actually don't have a fast car, then critique your car.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Camaro396
So Im talking to my friend Shannon tonight, and she is at her boyfriends while he replaces the trans in his sweet ******* 3rd gen camero. Anyways, me and him get talking, and he is asking about my car and what not, and I tell him about it, and we get on the subject of LS1 stock 1/4 times and he says "oh man there is no way those cars can run 12s stock" your car should be about 14.50s stock. Im crackin up over here, and then we get on the subject of driveshafts since Im also doing my trans swap right now, and I tell him about my new ACPT Carbon Fiber driveshaft, and he says "Man thats no good, cf is just fiberglass it will break the first time it sees some real power, you wuld be alot better off with aluminum" Im like listen here dirtball, and I got into this big *** arguement and I basically school him pretty bad and he just stops talking to me. Im so angry right now, its no wonder this kid drives a 305 car.

End Rant.

he's stupid just ignore him, race him, or tell him NA 4 cylinders are making more power than his 305. you can't win an argument with somebody like that
Old 07-28-2008, 12:59 AM
Launching!

I just sold my toy, can I get one of those slam kits for my daily driver (SLOW) and make it fast too?
Old 07-28-2008, 01:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can't even tell him to get his 3/4 race cam out because hes too young to even know what it is if he knows that little about cars.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Launching!

Every now and than you run into people like this...... but yea, I've had a few people tell me my car won't go no faster than like 14.4. And they say it with such confidence. Only once did I have the pleasure of destroying someone else in a race after they talked an enourmous amount of **** on my WS6; he had like a 98 Cobra or something. Usually they don't even have a fast car or their too much of a ***** to race you. Just have to ignore it sometimes though, I learned that the older I become.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

its like the fat guy at the gum giving you diet advise
Old 07-28-2008, 12:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by alamantia
its like the fat guy at the gum giving you diet advise
no more like the skinny short dude with short man syndrome who poses after every set and tries to hit on all the women there
Old 07-28-2008, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i think the mal-functioning ball bearing glide on the turbo hot side is the reason for all the confusion?
Old 07-28-2008, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

remember play into their stupidity and smile you cant make people like that smarter because they know it all but you can make them think they are uber smart and continue to humor us all
Old 07-30-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I love the guys cruising around in 15 second cars that talk about taking down new Corvettes and Cobras "all the time".

It usually gets even better when they start talking about how they picked up 80 hp with a special chip (that's illegal -- so don't tell anybody HAHA!) and their cold air intake. Those mods, weight reduction techniques (tossing the fast food napkins in the trash instead on in the back seat) and the significant amount of downforce created by a really big spoiler are apparently all it needs to consistently outrun today's sports cars with a 4 cylinder family sedan!
Old 07-30-2008, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

hahaha i wish i had a dime for everytime people in V6's and smaller said that outran a new Z06. i just laugh and laugh
Old 07-31-2008, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I want to slap everyone who gets a new car and I ask them if they are going to mod it. Of course there answer is..."yeah, I'll probably get a chip". WTF are these people thinking?

A guy that works for one of my buddies complimented me on my car. I thanked him politley, and he said "what does it run"..."8.6" I answered. "how much were you spraying". LMFAO!!! I tell him my car is BONE stock. He wouldn't ever believe me because his '76 Nova runs a 10.4 (this is all in the 1/8th mile) and there's no way a newer car could do better. OMG it was priceless
Old 07-31-2008, 02:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

10.4? jeez...that dude should just save his $20 and build a sundial
Old 07-31-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Midnight02
I love the guys cruising around in 15 second cars that talk about taking down new Corvettes and Cobras "all the time".

It usually gets even better when they start talking about how they picked up 80 hp with a special chip (that's illegal -- so don't tell anybody HAHA!) and their cold air intake. Those mods, weight reduction techniques (tossing the fast food napkins in the trash instead on in the back seat) and the significant amount of downforce created by a really big spoiler are apparently all it needs to consistently outrun today's sports cars with a 4 cylinder family sedan!
Want to race my 1990 Laser? Its a 4 cylinder, Not everyone who are into imports are dumb and retarded. It should be about the cars. If a person is into cars and is knowledgeable about them. Then more power to him! But if he is a dumb know it all, and I do seem to see more of them in the import crowd. Then just avoid him, or publicly humiliate him like I do at the local hang out. They get so embarrassed and leave. But if the kid is willing to sit there and listen and learn something. Then teach him, There was a kid I knew who thought that the exhaust can he just put on his car gave him 10hp. I started talking to him and telling him about how to see any real gains what so ever he would have to spend a little money and get a cat back or a full exhaust system.

1990 Laser Dyno Sheet, That was the baseline before tuning for 15psi

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...chnologies.jpg

Last edited by ninjai_ruken; 07-31-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:07 PM
On The Tree

haha yea lets race
Old 07-31-2008, 03:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DUhulk78
Ya my now ex father (i got adopted by my stepdad after my dad got abusive with my sister, and just didn't care about me) he told me back when i was looking at a 6 speed 93 z28 about 3 years ago, that i should install a "slam kit" so i could throw it in gear harder as i shifted? wtf lol.
Originally Posted by CranMaro99
Dude, I need to get me one of those!
a step dad?
Old 07-31-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken
Want to race my 1990 Laser? Its a 4 cylinder, Not everyone who are into imports are dumb and retarded. It should be about the cars. If a person is into cars and is knowledgeable about them. Then more power to him! But if he is a dumb know it all, and I do seem to see more of them in the import crowd. Then just avoid him, or publicly humiliate him like I do at the local hang out. They get so embarrassed and leave. But if the kid is willing to sit there and listen and learn something. Then teach him, There was a kid I knew who thought that the exhaust can he just put on his car gave him 10hp. I started talking to him and telling him about how to see any real gains what so ever he would have to spend a little money and get a cat back or a full exhaust system.

1990 Laser Dyno Sheet, That was the baseline before tuning for 15psi

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...chnologies.jpg
Dude, no offense but most guys on this site would rape your laser. I mean, most of our cam only guys make more power than you and with fwd @ 3000lbs, you ain't hooking up til what like 50 mph. The numbers aren't bad for what you started with and i ain't ******* your car but if you want to act like a big dog go back to the honda forums.

And if you wanna compare apples to apples (if thats even possible at this point) take a look into out power adder forums

N2O = > https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide-10/
FI = > https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction-9/

Most of those dudes would sweep the street with my TA, let alone your laser, and I am making significantly more power than you are on motor alone. Of course that is when your on LOW BOOST Right

Moral of the story, wrong site for you to be looking for a race

And about defending the imports, I don't know if you have read the paper lately but this is a DOMESTIC SITE. Not to mention, last time i checked plymouth was located in Auburn Hills, Michigan (read not foreign made) and hasn't made a car since 2001. And BTW, although we are all impressed you slapped a turbo on grandma's grocery getter, FYI lasers were never intended to be sports cars. They came with 190hp and looked like this

Other than that, Feel free to stay, learn, post, and browse but don't get your panties in a bunch everytime somebody makes an import comment.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by therealcreeper
i hate those people! i don't call people's cars or parts crap unless i know it for a fact and have researched it at great length.
You said it the Best. I do the same thing
Old 07-31-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by landonew
Dude, no offense but most guys on this site would rape your laser. I mean, most of our cam only guys make more power than you and with fwd @ 3000lbs, you ain't hooking up til what like 50 mph. The numbers aren't bad for what you started with and i ain't ******* your car but if you want to act like a big dog go back to the honda forums.

And if you wanna compare apples to apples (if thats even possible at this point) take a look into out power adder forums

N2O = > https://ls1tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10
FI = > https://ls1tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Most of those dudes would sweep the street with my TA, let alone your laser, and I am making significantly more power than you are on motor alone. Of course that is when your on LOW BOOST Right

Moral of the story, wrong site for you to be looking for a race

And about defending the imports, I don't know if you have read the paper lately but this is a DOMESTIC SITE. Not to mention, last time i checked plymouth was located in Auburn Hills, Michigan (read not foreign made) and hasn't made a car since 2001. And BTW, although we are all impressed you slapped a turbo on grandma's grocery getter, FYI lasers were never intended to be sports cars. They came with 190hp and looked like this

Other than that, Feel free to stay, learn, post, and browse but don't get your panties in a bunch everytime somebody makes an import comment.
well said better you say it than me.... i wouldnt have been so... um... hospitable
Old 07-31-2008, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99345hp
"is that a 4 speed camaro?" "WTF?" they havn't put a four speed in a car in how many years??
For the V8 Camaro, it was 1982, also the last year you could get an 8-track tape player!