General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I cant stand people who think they know what their talking about.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by landonew
Dude, no offense but most guys on this site would rape your laser. I mean, most of our cam only guys make more power than you and with fwd @ 3000lbs, you ain't hooking up til what like 50 mph. The numbers aren't bad for what you started with and i ain't ******* your car but if you want to act like a big dog go back to the honda forums.

And if you wanna compare apples to apples (if thats even possible at this point) take a look into out power adder forums

N2O = > https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide-10/
FI = > https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction-9/

Most of those dudes would sweep the street with my TA, let alone your laser, and I am making significantly more power than you are on motor alone. Of course that is when your on LOW BOOST Right

Moral of the story, wrong site for you to be looking for a race

And about defending the imports, I don't know if you have read the paper lately but this is a DOMESTIC SITE. Not to mention, last time i checked plymouth was located in Auburn Hills, Michigan (read not foreign made) and hasn't made a car since 2001. And BTW, although we are all impressed you slapped a turbo on grandma's grocery getter, FYI lasers were never intended to be sports cars. They came with 190hp and looked like this

Other than that, Feel free to stay, learn, post, and browse but don't get your panties in a bunch everytime somebody makes an import comment.

Road Course Car, not a drag car . I wasn't trying to start a war nor was I offended, I was just stating the fact that not all people driving imports are running around with nothing but a can on there car. And yes you are right, technically a DSM is not a import. I was making more of a reference towards bashing on 4 cylinder motors. Especially ones that do have HP potential. The only reason I do not up the boost is shes a road course car. I really do not need any more hp. Again, I was not offended nor was trying to start ****. Just making my arguments that many 4 cylinders have high HP potential. We are all car lovers, and as such we need to stick together.

http://www.shepracing.com/
Old 08-01-2008, 02:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro396
So Im talking to my friend Shannon tonight, and she is at her boyfriends while he replaces the trans in his sweet ******* 3rd gen camero. Anyways, me and him get talking, and he is asking about my car and what not, and I tell him about it, and we get on the subject of LS1 stock 1/4 times and he says "oh man there is no way those cars can run 12s stock" your car should be about 14.50s stock. Im crackin up over here, and then we get on the subject of driveshafts since Im also doing my trans swap right now, and I tell him about my new ACPT Carbon Fiber driveshaft, and he says "Man thats no good, cf is just fiberglass it will break the first time it sees some real power, you wuld be alot better off with aluminum" Im like listen here dirtball, and I got into this big *** arguement and I basically school him pretty bad and he just stops talking to me. Im so angry right now, its no wonder this kid drives a 305 car.

End Rant.

people annoy me too.. but i see a new thread about you being annoyed weekly....
Old 08-01-2008, 04:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
people annoy me too.. but i see a new thread about you being annoyed weekly....
What guy? This is the first thread I've ever posted about this.......
Old 08-01-2008, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

Yup arguments get you no where, especially with a negative nancy. I know a poopra owner that fits the description, and he always has to find something that will top an f-body or termi. . . . .
Old 08-01-2008, 05:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

What guy? This is the first thread I've ever posted about this.......
didnt you start that thread about old timers too?
Old 08-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Teching In

Misinformation about the GTO is like a virus. You wouldn't believe how many dumb things I've heard about it:

Those fwd?
You know those are based on the Grand Am. You could put a second set of doors on it and it'd be the same car.
That has a V8?
Those RWD?
Mustang GTO?
I really hate they brought those back as FWD.
Thats not a 'real' GTO.
400hp doesn't matter because it weighs 5000 pounds.
All that power, and FWD (are you detecting a patern here?)
Old 08-02-2008, 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

Someone said my Camaro with just headers, offroad y-pipe, and dynomax bullet sounded like a 383.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beach Goatxz
Misinformation about the GTO is like a virus. You wouldn't believe how many dumb things I've heard about it:

Those fwd?
You know those are based on the Grand Am. You could put a second set of doors on it and it'd be the same car.
That has a V8?
Those RWD?
Mustang GTO?
I really hate they brought those back as FWD.
Thats not a 'real' GTO.
400hp doesn't matter because it weighs 5000 pounds.
All that power, and FWD (are you detecting a patern here?)
at least your car doesnt get confused with a Sunfire....
Old 08-02-2008, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i respect 4 cylinder cars i respect anything nice and fast but i cant respect some one that that bought a 10 second car off eBay and acts like that built it better yet they have a clue what is under the hood... at the end of the day tho there is no replacement for displacement...... you can put the same 20g on the LS1 and it will make way more power than any 4cylinder but like i said i respect anything thats nice and fast and ill liseten to any one who knows what they are talking about
Old 08-02-2008, 07:45 PM
TECH Regular

I wish I knew what I was talking about?
Old 08-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

I was washing my car and had someone walking by said, "Nice eclipse."

Then the other day i was walking to the gym talking to my friend about how roushmustangs are overpriced whatever whatever and some kid in the parking lot goes "What are you saying about roush my buddy just got a stage 3 roush" Mind you this kid is in highschool probably about 17 so by "my buddy got a ___" he means his buddy's dad got a ___ and gave it to him.

So i say "yea thats sweet, 415 HP for what 30-40 grand? thats 4x what i paid for 100 HP more sweet car dude."

So he goes what do you drive and i say a camaro and he calls me a *** saying how his friends car could smoke it... YA give me an extra 30 grand to dump in a ls1 and see if i can edge out 415 hp right? lol.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I had some old man almost yelling at me last night. He said, "All black WS6 are Stage 9 Blackbirds. That's why they are called Blackbirds." lol
Old 08-02-2008, 07:55 PM
TECH Resident

I have meet plenty of people like that and have a co worker that thinks he knows everything when most of the time he doesn't. He always tries to criticize and top my car in everything. Sad thing is that he drives an ls1 as well. I just let him talk because people like that aren't worth your breath.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

Also have a friend that has a mustang which i will admit is a very nice car, (supercharged 05 gt totaling about $30,000 in mods) and he straight refused to belive stock ls1s run 13s. He said his wife's jetta could beat a stock ls1 and that there is no way it ran over 16 stock. I tried to explain that just because stock mustangs suck doesnt mean all stock cars suck but he wouldnt belive it so i took him here to read around and he got pissed and left the room.

Was like +1 for the ls1!
Old 08-02-2008, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Honestly I know some total morons with LS1s, its def not something your born with, and reading forums nonstop still doesnt seem to work for some people as we've all seen
Old 08-02-2008, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

after i got out of the army and moved back home (4 years ago) i had my t/a for a year or so and still owed 16g on it. my brothers friends boyfriend wanted to buy the car minus engine because he wanted to put his "built" 300hp lt1 (which he just removed from his wrecked jeep). i told him what i still owed on the car and that it would be smarter to just buy one with the stock ls1 and he would be better off. he insisted that his engine was so bad *** but then again he only wanted to pay <3000 for car minus engine, i told him to buy a v6 and have fun with swapping into one of those
Old 08-02-2008, 09:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
didnt you start that thread about old timers too?
No......
Old 08-03-2008, 02:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

No......
my bad then i guess?? just got some stuff crossed...
Old 08-03-2008, 03:31 AM
12 Second Club

Reminds me of my uncle.. He says his big iron blocked 400 HO pontiac would blow the doors off mine. I threw the keys at him and he said he didnt feel like driving it.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

^^my uncle knows my car is powerful, he has never doubted it, in fact he almost sh*t his pants the first time i took him for a ride