General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Horrible squeeking door

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 01:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i tried some more of that oil. my dad said he thinks the squeak is coming from the bottom part of the upper hinge but it was hard to tell. the oil didn't fix it so i ordered some of that free stuff being advertised here and will try that. my squeaking is kind of deep sounding almost soundds like something is rubbing?
Old 07-28-2009, 11:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll bet money that the free stuff advertised on here (Fluid Film) will fix it.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
i tried some more of that oil. my dad said he thinks the squeak is coming from the bottom part of the upper hinge but it was hard to tell. the oil didn't fix it so i ordered some of that free stuff being advertised here and will try that. my squeaking is kind of deep sounding almost soundds like something is rubbing?
Does the roller on the hinge wiggle back and forth? If so, you may need to replace the bearing/bushing on that roller.

I've found with other GM cars that the hinge pin will give out a high pitched squeak and the roller a low pitched groan/creak.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wssix99
Does the roller on the hinge wiggle back and forth? If so, you may need to replace the bearing/bushing on that roller.

I've found with other GM cars that the hinge pin will give out a high pitched squeak and the roller a low pitched groan/creak.
it is more of a groan and the roller does look a little worn on that side. i didn't notice if it moves back and forth though.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya we all seem like fake posters posting positive reviews like u see on amazon lol, but i got fluid film sample, and hell ya it does work. pretty cool stuff. smells nice too! you guys must not sell much since the stuff lasts so long lol. i seem to wd40 my hood hinge every month. the fluidfilm is still goin strong.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 406malibu
https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-produ...available.html <~ take advantage of that, Got mine in less than a week and that should get rid of a squeeking door. Stopped the squeek in my apartment door anyhow.
LOLLOL I did the same thing, so all my door hinge in my house too lollol, Imma order a big one .
Old 07-29-2009, 09:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Codprice
ya we all seem like fake posters posting positive reviews like u see on amazon lol, but i got fluid film sample, and hell ya it does work. pretty cool stuff. smells nice too! you guys must not sell much since the stuff lasts so long lol. i seem to wd40 my hood hinge every month. the fluidfilm is still goin strong.
If there is a problem with the product, it's that it does last too long.
It requires us to market Fluid Film to hands-on users who will find numerous applications or who have large equipment.