General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Mopar combustion chamber cleaner video results

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well do the math, because engines need 10000 to 12000 gallons of air to burn one gallon of fuel @ lets say 50% relative humidity. Lots of water entering the engine with that air. As it gets compressed in the cylinders it gets mixed with combustion gases and is part of the BLOWBY of EVERY engine. MINIMUM 1 cup of water gets past the rings for each gallon burned. Trust me on this. I NEVER LIE and i'm purdy freakin smart!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 99RTA
Well do the math, because engines need 10000 to 12000 gallons of air to burn one gallon of fuel @ lets say 50% relative humidity. Lots of water entering the engine with that air. As it gets compressed in the cylinders it gets mixed with combustion gases and is part of the BLOWBY of EVERY engine. MINIMUM 1 cup of water gets past the rings for each gallon burned. Trust me on this. I NEVER LIE and i'm purdy freakin smart!
Sorry man, I can't "trust" something that is not only ridiculous....but something that has not produced a single drop of water in my crankcase after 3 weeks and AT LEAST 50 gallons of gas.

BTW....you do realize that exhaust gases, in a cylinder, have a nice easy path out of the cylinder through the exhaust, right? All of that burned fuel, air and "water" that is in the air (H20) MOSTLY goes right out the exhaust pipes like its supposed to. Engines are not supposed to have blow-by, if they do, they need to get repaired.

But either way.....you're wrong about the 1 cup of water per gallon. My crankcase would have over flowed with water by now. ITS PERFECT!!!!!
Maybe 1 cup per gallon of water is produced....but it goes out the exhaust pipes.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Banned

a hell of alot more than one cup goes out the exhaust per gallon. Think about the amount of water vapor in 10000 gallons of air! You guys just tickle my brain...if you don't beileve or some BUDDY never told you about it, its not true...tell you what put a 160 thermostat in you car and tell how your oil looks in a few 100 miles...

GALLONS of water go through your engine GALLONS!!!!! i say GALLONS!

EVERYBODY SAY NOW GALLONS GOES THROUGH!>>>>SAY IT NOW>>>>>>>

Say this to your buddies so everyone BELIEVES.
My PCV system mostly removes water vapor from my engine so it DOES NOT mix with my oil, turn into acid and eat my engine.

REPEAT ABOVE until you believe it!

Last edited by 99RTA; 07-30-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Banned

LS6427 tell me how much leak down does the average engine have per cylinder???? 1% 5% 10% what do you think? where does this leakage go? what is in that leakage? combustion gases mixed with water vapor?

MAYBE? if your engine has no leakage then you must be special cause i never seen an engine without any.

Is there magic water vapor in your engine? that it refuses to blowby your rings?

5 -10% is average leakage in a good engine! Thats a HELL of alot of combustion gases and water vapor past the rings!

Sorry but you must accept this because its the truth. Sorry if its messin with yer brain.

Last edited by 99RTA; 07-30-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Banned

a hell of alot more than one cup goes out the exhaust per gallon. Think about the amount of water vapor in 10000 gallons of air!
Obviously. I never said there wasn't alot of water in that amount of air, its just NOT getting into the crankcase, thats just ridiculous.

You guys just tickle my brain......tell you what put a 160 thermostat in you car and tell how your oil looks in a few 100 miles...
Thats funny, I've had a 160 t-stat since my 427ci went in back in 2002. Wrong again dude.

So, what now.........................

Old 07-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Banned

LS6427 tell me how much leak down does the average engine have per cylinder???? 1% 5% 10% what do you think? where does this leakage go? what is in that leakage? combustion gases mixed with water vapor?

MAYBE? if your engine has no leakage then you must be special cause i never seen an engine without any.

Is there magic water vapor in your engine? that it refuses to blowby your rings?
I understand leakdown, but thats also over time just sitting there waiting for it to leakdown. Combustion happens very quickly and pushes the piston downward as it expends its energy and expands looking for a place to go, if the piston just stayed there then yes there would be alot of blow by because all that pressure must go somewhere. But by that time the exhaust valve is opening and its leaving the cylinder. I'm sure there's blow-by, even on new engines, but man, its hardly anything.
So apparently you think that ALL of the water, thats in each gulp of air, that each cylinder gets, each time its compressed and then gets ignited.......survives and still remains the same amount of "H20"????????

Very little water remains after combustion and MOST, almost ALL, goes out the exhaust.

And look........isn't it sort of a fact since I have not a single drop of water in my oil when I changed it after 3 weeks and at least 50 gallons of gas going through it?

How many times will I have to type that same thing till you comment on where all this mysterious water is thats supposed to be over flowing my crankcase??????
Give it a shot.............tell me where the water is.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Banned

Wow...good luck...yer gonna need it LOL
Old 07-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Banned

Wow...good luck...yer gonna need it LOL
It was just an experiment that has worked perfectly normal so far. I'm trying to design a way to evacuate the crankcase with a small vacuum motor, I'm waiting on two different vacuum pumps from China to try.

I just refuse to have oil going into my "air" intake. Thats the most pathetic design the automotive industry has ever come up with, just plain stupid. But it does go along with their unwritten rule of designing things to fail and NOT last as long as they should. So....

I also have an old venturi from a Cessna aircraft that only needs 25 mph of air flow throug it and it will suck air pretty hard. A PCV valve can be placed in line so it will operate properly at any speed the car is moving. The PCV is needed especially for WOT runs so too much oil mist is not sucked out of the crankcase, which would take away alot of lubrication for rod bearings. So the PCV valve needs to stay.

I'm actually putting my PCV valve back on tomorrow morning, but I;'m running it from the passengers side valve cover to the PCV valve and then to the intake. I'll leave that on till my electric vacuum pumps get here or until I can get the venturi set up.

Oil going into the intake though.....I;'m just not gonna have that crap.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Clarification

Originally Posted by LS6427
...my 427ci is old, over 118,000 miles. It runs like brand new, but damn it uses alot of oil. I thought my rings were just getting bad becauase of its age.

It was the damn PCV allowing a ton of oil to go into the intake. Screw that. I wish I would have done this 4 years ago.

I;m gonna MCCC it again next week since I have no more oil going in to build up ever again. Just clean "air"

Yeah, I'll give it another month before I start a thread about this. I know for sure there's gonna be a bunch of people saying how bad it is. But if it works, their argument will be worthless, so another month or so and I'll have a better argument.
Venting the valve covers to the atmosphere, and removing the PCV system so unburnt and burnt gasses are not recirculated into the intake / combustion process (in terms of efficiency) is just smart.

There should not be any arguments regarding the pros and cons of this; the only reason the PCV system is a closed system (vs. being vented) is to keep ALL emissions at the tailpipe alone.

LS6427 you must change that soon or you will have a real mess. The PCV system is mostly there to remove the water vapor forced past the rings during combustion. The water mixed with combustion gases will quickly turn into acid and cause huge problems. Small aircraft engines suffer from this all the time. You will acumluate about 1 cup of water in the crankcase per gal of fuel used.

At least add a small fixed orifice pcv to the carnkcase to remove the water vapor.
99RTA - If LS6427's valve covers are vented, then his system will not build up pressure, nor will he have a acidic mess as motor oil has additives which resist the formation of acids. Additionally, if he changes his oil regularly (as stated every 3k miles), then this potiental issue rendered mute.

This is not to suggest that acid build-up [i.e. - water vapor + combustion gases = acids] could not be a problem, it can - if an engine's oil is old (5k and above). That's one of the reasons we change our engine's oil, to replace the spent additives.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by great421
Venting the valve covers to the atmosphere, and removing the PCV system so unburnt and burnt gasses are not recirculated into the intake / combustion process (in terms of efficiency) is just smart.

There should not be any arguments regarding the pros and cons of this; the only reason the PCV system is a closed system (vs. being vented) is to keep ALL emissions at the tailpipe alone.

99RTA - If LS6427's valve covers are vented, then his system will not build up pressure, nor will he have a acidic mess as motor oil has additives which resist the formation of acids. Additionally, if he changes his oil regularly (as stated every 3k miles), then this potiental issue rendered mute.

This is not to suggest that acid build-up [i.e. - water vapor + combustion gases = acids] could not be a problem, it can - if an engine's oil is old (5k and above). That's one of the reasons we change our engine's oil, to replace the spent additives.
Right, its not like I capped off the entire system like a sealed container.
My oil always gets changed at 3,000, if anything its actually less than 3,000 each time. Oil changes cost me ~$12.00 with a Purolator filter, just too cheap not to do it every 3,000. Hell, my last one was $9.99 at PepBoys.

So, if I were to put a small electric vacuum pump that constantly sucked air out of the crankcase at a medium level and only my passengers side valve cover was vented, my valley cover port was vented and the oil fill cap was vented, I should be golden, right?

Here's what I just did, l couldn't wait till tomorrow. I'm just waiting on the vacuum pumps so I can totally close off the intake again.

I ran that clear hose first (pic #2) just to see how much oil is actually getting sucked through from the passengers side valve cover port, compared to getting sucked out of the valley cover port. There's no comparison....the valley cover is ridiculous, alot of oil goes through. The valve cover, basically nothing, even when I rev it way up.
Then I put a 3/8" heater hose with the PCV valve.

I wanted to connect it to the top TB vacuum port, but it has ZERO suction, I don't know why its totally dead.

Attached Thumbnails Mopar combustion chamber cleaner video results-dsc01839.jpg   Mopar combustion chamber cleaner video results-dsc01860.jpg   Mopar combustion chamber cleaner video results-dsc01861.jpg  
Old 07-31-2009, 04:04 PM
Banned

I understand leakdown, but thats also over time just sitting there waiting for it to leakdown. Combustion happens very quickly and pushes the piston downward as it expends its energy and expands looking for a place to go, if the piston just stayed there then yes there would be alot of blow by because all that pressure must go somewhere. But by that time the exhaust valve is opening and its leaving the cylinder. I'm sure there's blow-by, even on new engines, but man, its hardly anything.
So apparently you think that ALL of the water, thats in each gulp of air, that each cylinder gets, each time its compressed and then gets ignited.......survives and still remains the same amount of "H20"????????

Very little water remains after combustion and MOST, almost ALL, goes out the exhaust.

And look........isn't it sort of a fact since I have not a single drop of water in my oil when I changed it after 3 weeks and at least 50 gallons of gas going through it?

How many times will I have to type that same thing till you comment on where all this mysterious water is thats supposed to be over flowing my crankcase??????
Give it a shot.............tell me where the water is.

where do you get these facts? seriously you have no idea what goes on inside your engine.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where do you get these facts? seriously you have no idea what goes on inside your engine.
Then what does?? At least he is saying what happened and how he "fixed" it.

Just let it go man. Let it go.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:09 PM
Banned

I wanted to connect it to the top TB vacuum port, but it has ZERO suction, I don't know why its totally dead.

Thats because it is the intake side of the pcv system. It is before the throttle plate, it only gets vacuum at WOT. Then both the intake and exit points of the PCV system get vacuum to pull as much as possible to keep the crankcase under vacuum. Oherwise seals can blow out etc....
Old 07-31-2009, 04:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bballr4567
Then what does?? At least he is saying what happened and how he "fixed" it.

Just let it go man. Let it go.
let what go? if he actually gives in and learns something from this thread he will easily solve his problems KNOWING what he has created and why it will work or won't. I'm actually trying to help him. Hes just so far out there in his thinking about what happens in an engine.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im just saying that you are just saying he doesnt know jack and that he is wrong yet nothing to back your side up really except that gallons of water is ingested by an engine per one gallon of gas burned. Says who?
Old 07-31-2009, 04:39 PM
Banned

Look, you talk in circles and never answer anything, you just ask questions.

So...you think all the water that goes into a cylinder gets "blown-by" the rings, right? YOU'RE WAY WRONG.

You think that more than a cup of water is produced for each gallon burned...show us some solid info on that. And if its true, show me some solid info on hom much gets by rings in a regular ole' Chevy V8 engine.

But either way.....PLEASE tell me where my engine is hiding all this water.

Or just admit you're dead wrong about this water bullshit.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:46 PM
Banned

let what go? if he actually gives in and learns something from this thread he will easily solve his problems KNOWING what he has created and why it will work or won't. I'm actually trying to help him. Hes just so far out there in his thinking about what happens in an engine.
I have absolutely NO problems. I simply experimented with something and it has worked just perfectly for almost 4 weeks. Not a drop of water in my oil...YOU ARE DEAD WRONG THERE.

I have no dipstick getting pushed out like some people get because my crankcase is still vented, YOU DON'T SEEM TO COMPREHEND THAT.

Also, if you read the first page.....I no longer burn 2 qrts every 2 weeks, my oil consumption has stopped 100%.

Also, my rear bumper above my tail pipes is no longer turning BLACK every 3-4 days from running rich as hell....so that has been cured as a bonus, I never realized all the oil going through the intake was making me run pig rich.

Get it.

Last edited by LS6427; 07-31-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:51 PM
Banned

Thats because it is the intake side of the pcv system. It is before the throttle plate, it only gets vacuum at WOT. Then both the intake and exit points of the PCV system get vacuum to pull as much as possible to keep the crankcase under vacuum. Oherwise seals can blow out etc....
Also, you're wrong again. The top port on the TB is AFTER the throttle plate. There are no ports routed in FRONT of the throttle plate,

Old 07-31-2009, 05:01 PM
Banned

99RTA,

I think you're just realizing how totally ****** stupid it is to tell people that we will have 1 cup of water for every gallon of gas burned......ending up in our crankcase.....if we disconnect a PCV hose. Its friggin comical man.

And since I proved it to be bullshit overthe past 4 weeks, and since I already have a 160 t-stat in there which you made sound like that would really make a difference and, well, you got shut down there too....you're just in too deep now to admit you have no clue what you're talking about.

Is that accurate? If not, please get us some info on all your claims.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:31 PM
Banned

I'm not going to repeat myself over and over. There is nothing more to tell you. good Luck

Quick Reply: Mopar combustion chamber cleaner video results